Vigilus Falls, What next?(Here be spoilers)

Sete

You know, i'd been thinking that the emperor's children would be released in a campaign against the Ynnari, but with a full scale Ynnari release looking unlikely (because of their WD index), I'm now wondering if they could be released in a rematch against the Iron Hands? It would provide the opportunity to give the Iron Hands a new character and the Primaris a couple of vehicles...

EDIT:
Perhaps we could also see a primaris Techmarine, and the first Techmarine/forge father special character? That would be really cool

EDIT2: Also, I'm really hoping for DOOMRIDER!!!

Which means they could also be facing the White Scars

I do not think anyone argues that the narrative is there to suport sales. But I do argue that even within these boundary conditions the writing can (and should!) be improved significantly. Too often characters come off as stereotypical in their behavior, 1-dimensional in their character, their decisions strange given the situation describes them to be in and events that feel forced to cause a certain outcome instead of the outcome flowing naturally from events.

Case in point, the short story on WH:Community about Abaddon before the events of Vigilus Ablaze.

Presumably the story is there to show that Abaddon is a a huge threat, and a badass. But instead if pictures him as petty and haughty jerk that talks tough about the upcoming battle but doesn't seem to do anything useful to actually achieve victory. Like one of those comic book villains that want to capture the hero so they can gloat them to death in their lair instead of actually getting rich from their crimes; the type of villain I thought we had left in the eighties.  

I dare say even I could rewrite that story to have a much better content. So why can't GW?

Vigilus was 2 parts and they were going to move on to a different planet/setting. Which is what this thread should be focusing on, the next planet/setting.

Come on, guys :wink:

Trouble with this is the underlying issue... GW create a new planet thats suddenly a lynch pin in the sector* & its now under threat**... its fall its going to be catastrophic for the Imperium***....

* - yeah that important its never even appeared on any maps before

** -  extinction level not even just upset the region / sector for a generation /decade/ centery

*** - because the heros of the campigan cant be pointy ears or tau

I wonder if we'll see Dante pitted against Abaddon at some point since he's the Regent of the Imperium Nihilus, as appointed by Guilliman. That could be an inlet to Necrons joining the Imperium in closing the rift since the Blood Angels seem to end up allying with them often enough. Mephiston apparently has great insight into Necron technology according to the recent book Revenant Crusade, even some knowledge that high ranking Crypteks don't seem to have.

I wonder if we'll see Dante pitted against Abaddon at some point since he's the Regent of the Imperium Nihilus, as appointed by Guilliman. That could be an inlet to Necrons joining the Imperium in closing the rift since the Blood Angels seem to end up allying with them often enough. Mephiston apparently has great insight into Necron technology according to the recent book Revenant Crusade, even some knowledge that high ranking Crypteks don't seem to have.

Dante, Seth, Mephiston AND the Sanguinator vs Abaddon! Heck, have Dante be supported by TWO SPECIAL Necron Overlords because Abaddon should be the TOUGHEST :cuss they have ever faced!

In all honesty I'd rather not have the Blood Angels go up against Abaddon, because realistically speaking without author plot shields, Abaddon isn't walking away alive from an encounter with Chief Librarian "I can kill literal millions of tyranids with a single psychic attack using biomancy" Mephiston. All of the Chaos Gods in the universe aren't going to save you from a guy who is basically a Japanese Shouen Protagonist with all of the hilarious powers that entails.

In all honesty I'd rather not have the Blood Angels go up against Abaddon, because realistically speaking without author plot shields, Abaddon isn't walking away alive from an encounter with Chief Librarian "I can kill literal millions of tyranids with a single psychic attack using biomancy" Mephiston. All of the Chaos Gods in the universe aren't going to save you from a guy who is basically a Japanese Shouen Protagonist with all of the hilarious powers that entails.

Doombreed curbstomped Mephiston (The latter can't take many hits from the former). He didn't do much in either the Diamor Campaign or when Leviathan NOM-NOM-NOM the Sons of Sangiunius (Or the Arkos Inssurrection or Bile's Bloodfiends)

Abaddon only needs to hit Mephiston once to kill him. It would take over a hundred blows to even cripple Abaddon (who has experience fighting Sorcerers and Blood Angels) Only Guilliman has a chance of beating Abaddon 1 vs 1

Doombreed curbstomped Mephiston (The latter can't take many hits from the former). He didn't do much in either the Diamor Campaign or when Leviathan NOM-NOM-NOM the Sons of Sangiunius (Or the Arkos Inssurrection or Bile's Bloodfiends)

Abaddon only needs to hit Mephiston once to kill him. It would take over a hundred blows to even cripple Abaddon (who has experience fighting Sorcerers and Blood Angels) Only Guilliman has a chance of beating Abaddon 1 vs 1

Which is again because of plot armor. Realistically speaking if a telekinetic doesn't have a giant sucking black hole currently resting where their brain should be, *anybody* loses to the guy who can pick up a thousand tonne object and squish you like a bug. All you mentioned was the kind of BS plot armor I was mentioning when it comes to Chaos characters being shielded from the likely outcome of fighting what is a boot to an ant.

Considering Abbadon is blassed by all 4 gods (which includes both a god of sorcery who should be good at messing with the opponent's warp abilities, and a god who hates witches so hard the Black Templars tell him to chill) Abbadon should have some form of protection against warp powers.

You know, if we assume 40k follows any sort of logic that is.

Abbadon does disrupt Khayon's psychic endeavors at a few points in the Black Legion novels. He also psychically projected himself into the memories of all the Ezekarion when they formed the Legion. Khayon says he isn't a strong psyker but he makes up for it with discipline and willpower. Take that how you want.

=][= Since the multiple mod-nudges have been ignored and the conversation is veering off into all directions, I'm going to close this until the staff decides the fate of this thread. =][=

Archived