Suppressors for the BT

Adalger

I have a sneaking suspicion that the suppressors will be getting some kind of heavy bolter like option when they release the regular kit (maybe even lascannons?).

Having now seen the rules for the vanguard, Templars are specifically mentioned, but only that we can't take the psyker option. They at least didn't forget about us. 

I agree.  In a video going through the Vanguard book, the cost of the Autocannon was listed separately.  That suggests they'll have other options.  If they get something Assault or RF that would be pretty nifty, but I kinda doubt it.  Failing that, a Heavy Bolter would be nice, especially if you can use the mortal wound stratagem to guarantee you stop overwatch.

As for the units themselves, I apparently don't hate the models as much as everyone else, though I am not a fan of the Inceptor-style flying bases.  They may be standing on blasted out walls or something instead.  At 105 points for the unit as-equipped out of the box (also per the video I watched), I think they could provide some real value.

In terms of modelling: I would have a look for 3rd Party autocannons or the vanguard bits and put these, as well as jumppacks on intercessor bodies.

I think they do a themed force they came up with and just make it accessible to All chapters which is fair enough.

In terms of vigilus: maybe we get some fluff in the next book. But it seems to heavily focus on Chaos, so I wouldnt hold my breath tbh.

GeDub officially said that BT dont play a necessary role in Vigilus. With their Primaris Range - BT cannot be focussed - thats not their style. And why should there a Formation without any background in lore and in terms of models... simply said, the community feedback... what would you do if you were on the same position like GeDub? To give the old iconic units a little buff - filled with retro rules...

That can be a very positive thing (GeDub know that there is a fanbase) - but it can be negative as well ( that could be the last BT-special thing for a long time)

I want aware that they said, they dont play a large role.

Well I mean we still are in the current fluff, e.g. Our martyred Lady, even if it is just a backdrop, but they got it mostly right there.

a large role in Vigilus.

sorry - my fault.

In the Vigilus book we never mentioned beside the rules.

Well, actually on p.79 is mentioned that one Black Templars company is operating out of Saint's Haven.

So, we're hanging out with the Ultramarines, waiting for the unseen Threat, because mighty Marneus has a hunch... Sounds incredibly Templars-like :teehee:

I just picked up the box, and I'll say that the rules and cost of the Suppressors will make for considerable forces of Crusader Squads extremely viable. Position the suppressors in an area, let them fire at will until the CS are within CC charge range, kill a single model with the autocannon, then let the CS go to town without worrying about overwatch. I can't wait to try this tactic on the battlefield!

Archived