Then they burned the houses of imperial faithful and broke down the walls of Hive Gath, and burned all its fortified buildings with fire and destroyed all its valuable articles...
- Last astro telepathic message received from the Betania sub sector
So in a fit of madness I have decided to redo my 8*4 cityfight table with a goal of learning to use modern materials and solutions to rid my self of the classical problems that pop up when making terrain.
The issues I have had before that I want to minimize or eliminate is;
- Warping of mdf bases
- Time spent on each piece
- Getting realistic looking terrain that is also playable
Yesterday and this morning I got some work done on the first test ruin, what is left is to paint it and put down another layer of adhesive. So far the new way of doing things is working out really well. instead of using spackle I have been using a homemade variant of Lukes aps modeling compound and that alone has provided a much more durable base but also saved something like 2-3 hours in construction time.
The rubble is homemade using casting plaster and instead of small rocks I have been using cork. When I left home today it was still drying but the rubble was already hard enough to stand up to the rigors of wargaming.
Edited by ST.Lazarus, 24 March 2019 - 06:38 PM.