Upgrade Sprue one-off?

I doubt that they wouldn't release it generally - plastic sprue are still expensive to manufacture, so they wouldn't have recouped their cost from a single battle force box inclusion.

I think their general release will be close, as all of the previous Crimson Fist upgrade packs have gone LCTB on the GW website. The plastic IF upgrade sprue would be an ideal replacement.

I doubt that they wouldn't release it generally - plastic sprue are still expensive to manufacture, so they wouldn't have recouped their cost from a single battle force box inclusion.

I think their general release will be close, as all of the previous Crimson Fist upgrade packs have gone LCTB on the GW website. The plastic IF upgrade sprue would be an ideal replacement.

Looks like all of it is already No Longer Available Online for the US version of the site at least. So yeah, the upgrade set should be coming soon.

.... Hopefully :lol:

Edited by Gederas

The Crimson Fists resin upgrade parts on GW's site went "last chance to buy" yesterday, they obviously would double as Imperial Fist parts too.

I'd expect a release of the upgrade sprue as a standalone over the next few weeks/months hopefully!

Edit: m_r_parker got there before me! :)

Edited by viewasjack

I was talking to my local GW manager about this in December, and he said that the Fist upgrade sprue was a test to see if there's a market for upgrade sprues outside of the 'big 4'.

Since the Supremacy Force was the first (only?) big Christmas box to sell out before the 25th of December, GW will probably take that as a resounding YES.  In which case I was told other upgrade sets should appear in about six months, at a guess.

I was talking to my local GW manager about this in December, and he said that the Fist upgrade sprue was a test to see if there's a market for upgrade sprues outside of the 'big 4'.

Since the Supremacy Force was the first (only?) big Christmas box to sell out before the 25th of December, GW will probably take that as a resounding YES.  In which case I was told other upgrade sets should appear in about six months, at a guess.

Possibly slightly off topic but does that mean Raven Guard too?

Should do, I was told the other 1st Founding chapters should get sprues if the Fists did well.

Should do, I was told the other 1st Founding chapters should get sprues if the Fists did well.

It's only appropriate that the Fists were selected to be the first into the breach for this and shoulder the load for the other chapters.  As always, they were not found wanting.

They should be coming in time for a new codex or primaris second wave, hopefully with other first founding upgrade sprues.

I’m also one who got both the Xmas box and an eBay package of sprues for inflated price; my track record says cheaper ones will be coming lol

Like has been stated, GW has already swallowed the bitter part of the costs involved in making the sprue. The sunk costs were paid and they're now home free. It will be coming, of that there can be no doubt.

If I were to hazard a guess to as for why not already, I'm thinking the wait is due to production queues and release timing. I would find it none too surprising to see it released unceremoniously along the upcoming primaris push.

• 2 weeks later...

Space Wolves Primaris upgrade sprue from Tooth and Claw box is available separately, so maybe that would be a good sign that we'll see IF sprue released at some point.

I couldn't wait and broke down - bought a couple on eBay lol

I hope that they release the upgrade sprue alongside a Lt with a fist (and that this Lt is also available to Crimson Fists).

Edited by Lemondish

• 3 weeks later...

I'm somewhat concerned as a result of the lack of information since the Battleforce went out of stock. I don't play IF or CF (definitely considered the latter when the Battleforce was announced, though), but I was really excited when the upgrade sprue was announced, as it instilled me with the hope that more upgrade kits would be released. For the moment, I am assuming we will get it with the standalone kits for Primaris Wave 2. If that doesn't happen, I'll be really worried. I can't imagine they put all the time and money to create a plastic mold for the sprue, only to never release it separately.

Edited by Mmmmm Napalm

I'm somewhat concerned as a result of the lack of information since the Battleforce went out of stock. I don't play IF or CF (definitely considered the latter when the Battleforce was announced, though), but I was really excited when the upgrade sprue was announced, as it instilled me with the hope that more upgrade kits would be released. For the moment, I am assuming we will get it with the standalone kits for Primaris Wave 2. If that doesn't happen, I'll be really worried. I can't imagine they put all the time and money to create a plastic mold for the sprue, only to never release it separately.

I too am getting a little antsy. Today, eBay sources have all responded to the dwindling supply and now the prices are triple what I paid a mere few weeks ago.

I will need more shoulder pads, GW :(

Honestly, GW could do with a little more pushing of the big grand redesign of their biggest cashcow faction. It's honestly been pretty light on them since they were introduced in 8th...

They should hurry to release primaris upgrade sprues for all chapters in C:SM that have chapter tactics, since we don't even get transfers anymore. Indicated as much in my response to their community survey.

I would surely feel even more impatient if it was the IF sprue I was waiting on, since we already know it exists.

Get to it GW!

Releasing them too quickly reduces the value of picking up battleforce boxes for exclusive minis/sprues.

This seems to be the crux of their ability to release these big limited boxes recently, so they will come, but GW isn't in a hurry. If you look at the time between previous exclusives in a box and their standalone release, it takes longer than you expect it to.

Releasing them too quickly reduces the value of picking up battleforce boxes for exclusive minis/sprues.

This seems to be the crux of their ability to release these big limited boxes recently, so they will come, but GW isn't in a hurry. If you look at the time between previous exclusives in a box and their standalone release, it takes longer than you expect it to.

That would be a good point...if only the Battleforce wasn't entirely unavailable for all of 2019 so far ;)

now all the Iron Hands need is a Primaris version of their old cybernetics "upgrade" kit for classic marines.

Brothers, I believe you will absolutely get an Iron Hands upgrade kit for Primaris in Games Workshop's next fiscal year (i.e. June 2019 to May 2020).

And it's not just Iron Hands, I think all the main Chapters (i.e. the ones Chapter Tactics, like Black Templars) will get their own upgrade kits. I've just been looking at Games Workshop's business patterns again (we're coming up to the end of this fiscal year) and that's what I'm forecasting. I'm NOT saying individual Codices...maybe a White Dwarf Index Astartes article...but the Chapter-specific sprues or something is very, very likely. I was waiting for some sort of signal for something like this, like, say, named characters for one of the non-Ultramarine Chapters, and I think this is it.

You can timestamp this and there is a chance I'm wrong. For example, I don't know if the dates have been disclosed yet, but the new Sisters of Battle model I thought will be this upcoming summer's major release (because GW has its huge releases in the summer, like 40k 8th ed, AoS 2nd ed, etc.)...like next month or so, but we've heard nothing about this.

I thought this would be relevant to this thread, too, even if it's just a hunch/prediction.

• 2 weeks later...