Dark Skies (Spire Fight)

Focslain

So I have a Narrivative game coming at the end of the month. FLGS is hosting a spire fight (Viligus p158) with team battles.

On the table I'm signed for it's 2 Tau vs 2 Tyranid, 40 PL force each. Now a friend of mine is also on the same table as (you guessed it) one of the Tyranid players.

I'd like to put up a decent fight, so here's my starting list:

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (T'au Empire) [40 PL, 847pts] ++

+ HQ +

Cadre Fireblade [3 PL, 62pts]: Markerlight, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit [8 PL, 144pts]: High-output burst cannon, 2x Missile pod, Shield generator

+ Troops +

Strike Team [2 PL, 53pts]
. DS8 Tactical Support Turret w/ Missile pod: Missile pod
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse rifle
. 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

+ Elites +

XV104 Riptide Battlesuit [16 PL, 322pts]: 2x Smart missile system, Heavy burst cannon, 2x MV84 Shielded Missile Drone, Target lock, Velocity tracker

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits [7 PL, 160pts]: 6x MV4 Shield Drone
. Stealth Shas'ui w/ Burst Cannon: Burst cannon, Velocity tracker
. Stealth Shas'ui w/ Burst Cannon: Burst cannon, Velocity tracker
. Stealth Shas'vre: Fusion blaster, Velocity tracker

Created with BattleScribe

Since we will also be using the Tactical objective cards I figured a small batt to castle/provide markerlights with the suits working on air supremacy. Since it was suggested to take as many units with Fly as possible the trackers seem like a good idea.

I had another list idea that replaces the Batt and drones with six more stealth suits or I could try and get a squad of battlesuits ready, but there would only be three suits.

Also not sure if I should replace the fireblade with an ethreal. Suggestions are welcome. (Except on the load out of the coldstar, his already done)

I talked to my buddy about what he was thinking of taking and this is what he told me that I could remember:

Flying Hive Tyrant
Gargoyles
Harpy
Crone

My guess is an outrider detachment, but I don't know how many gargoyles he has, it's been a while since I last saw his nid army.

Also I'm thinking of going for T'au sept, but since we need different septs represented (event rule) I'd like a nice suggestion of an alternate sept.

Thanks in advance.

Archived