Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 point Blood Angels List - Post Chapter Approved

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

t-dog1996

t-dog1996

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 240 posts

Hi all. I've been thinking about what I should run now that we've seen such big points drops in chapter approved. I simply found that we were too expensive across the board previously and it was actually turning me off playing. Now we seem a lot more viable which is nice. This is the list I've put together:

Battalion Detachment

HQ

The Sanguinor – 150

Terminator Librarian w/Storm Bolter – 112

Chaplain w/Angel’s Wing, Jump Pack, Inferno Pistol – 97

Elites

Death Company x 10 w/Jump Packs, Power Sword x 4, Power Maul x 2, Power Fist x 2, Chainsword x 2 – 242

Death Company Dreadnought w/Blood Talons, Heavy Flamer – 125

Sanguinary Guard Ancient – 79

Sanguinary Guard x 4 w/Encarmine Sword x 2, Encarmine Axe x 2 – 148

Sternguard Veterans x 5 w/3 x Combi Melta, 2 x Combi Plasma – 137

Troops

Scouts x 5 w/Missile Launcher – 75

Scouts x 5 w/Missile Launcher – 75

Scouts x 5 w/Heavy Bolter – 65

Scouts x 5 w/Heavy Bolter – 65

Heavy Support

Land Raider Crusader w/Multi-Melta – 286

Flyer

Stormraven Gunship w/Twin Assault Cannon, Twin Multi-Melta, Hurricane Bolters – 338

Total = 1994 points

With this list I'm trying to balance close combat potential with a solid amount of firepower, especially at close range. Basically I want to get right up in my opponent's face as quickly as possible like any true Blood Angel. The Sanguinor, the Ancient and the Sang Guards will be riding in the Stormraven with the DC Dread. I know this is a very all-or-nothing arrangement but I've found it can have a devastating impact. The Librarian and the Sternguard will be in the LR Crusader. The Chaplain and the DC will be coming in via deep strike, and the plan is to use the Angel's Wing to get the Chaplain into combat first without facing overwatch, followed by the Death Company using the Descent of Angels stratagem. Meanwhile the Scouts can act as nice little road-bumps for my opponents and will hopefully cause some mischief with their heavy weapons. I'd love some feedback!

P.S. It's been a while since I wrote a list and having to use both the codex and chapter approved is a little confusing. If I've made any maths errors please let me know!

"They are the sons of the Angel, the blooded host, the defenders of Humanity. They are strength. They are nobility. They are the Blood Angels, and I say to you there are no more loyal or determined servants of the Emperor alive today."

Lynnean

Lynnean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,533 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Exsanguinators
You have enough for a vanguard detachment in there besides the battalion.
Other then that, let us know how it works out!

ETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_An

t-dog1996

t-dog1996

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 240 posts

Well spotted. I also made some adjustments after taking another look at it. 

Battalion Detachment

HQ

The Sanguinor – 150

Terminator Librarian w/Storm Bolter – 112

Elites

5 Sternguard Veterans w/3 x Combi Melta, 2 x Combi Plasma – 137

Troops

5 Scouts w/Missile Launcher – 75

5 Scouts w/Heavy Bolter – 65      

5 Tactical Marines w/Flamer, 2 x Hand Flamer – 73

Fast Attack

3 Scout Bikers w/Astartes Grenade Launcher – 69

Heavy Support

Vanguard Detachment

HQ

Elites

10 Death Company w/Jump Packs, Power Sword x 4, Power Maul x 2, Power Fist x 2, Chainsword x 2 – 242

Death Company Dreadnought w/Blood Talons, Heavy Flamer – 125

4 Sanguinary Guards w/Encarmine Sword x 2, Encarmine Axe x 2 – 148

Flyer

Stormraven Gunship w/Twin Assault Cannon, Twin Multi-Melta, Hurricane Bolters – 338

"They are the sons of the Angel, the blooded host, the defenders of Humanity. They are strength. They are nobility. They are the Blood Angels, and I say to you there are no more loyal or determined servants of the Emperor alive today."

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,534 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Who is your Warlord and what is in the Land Raider?

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpgETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_01.gETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_AnETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifETL_Medal_05.gifgallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials
1000 Scout list W:0 D:0 L:3
1250 Death Company List (jump)  W:0 D:0 L:4
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Dreadnought List W:1 D:0 L:1
1750 Hybrid List W:1 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Two Towers List W:4 D:0 L:2
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0 | Heresy 2500 Mechanised IXth W:0 D:0 L:0

t-dog1996

t-dog1996

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 240 posts

Who is your Warlord and what is in the Land Raider?

Ok since originally posting this I have actually altered the list. It now looks like this:

Vanguard Detachment

HQ

The Sanguinor – 150

Elites

10 Death Company w/Jump Packs, Power Sword x 4, Inferno Pistol, Power Maul x 2, Power Fist x 2, Chainsword x2 – 249

Death Company Dreadnought w/Blood Talons, Heavy Flamer x 2 – 135

4 Sanguinary Guards w/Encarmine Sword x 2, Encarmine Axe x 2 – 148

Flyer

Battalion Detachment

HQ

Terminator Librarian w/Veritas Vitae, Storm Bolter – 112

Lieutenant w/Grav Pistol and Chainsword – 65

Elites

5 Sternguard Veterans w/3 x Combi Melta, 2 x Combi Plasma – 137

Troops

5 Scouts w/Missile Launcher – 75

5 Scouts w/Heavy Bolter – 65

5 Scouts w/Power Sword and Combat Knives – 59

Heavy Support

The Land Raider contains the Sternguard Vets, the Lieutenant and the Terminator Librarian. The warlord is the Sanguinor, as this allows the Sang Guards to take advantage of Heirs of Azkaellon. As before, the Stormraven contains the Sanguinor, the Sang Guards, the Ancient and the DC Dreadnought. I actually used this list in a game today against a Guard/Dark Angels army and it ripped them to pieces (actually my first win with Blood Angels over any kind of Guard list since 8th dropped!). However, I'd need to use it more against a wider variety of opponents before casting judgement upon it myself. What do you think?

Edited by t-dog1996, 15 March 2019 - 02:30 AM.

t-dog1996

t-dog1996

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 240 posts

Ok so I've used the above list in numerous games since posting this. Initially I had great success with it, but I recently suffered a series of pretty comprehensive defeats so it was back to the drawing board. I figured I couldn't keep both the Land Raider and the Stormraven, too much of a points sink, so one had to go. I settled on keeping the Stormraven as it is more mobile, can transport Dreadnoughts and has superior firepower. The new list spreads the assets out a bit more, as previously it struggled for redundancy. Also an additional psyker and more command points. Scout Bikers are a little left field for me as I've never used them before, but for 69 points the anti-horde firepower is impressive. Also enough shots to annoy tougher units and potentially spring a surprise.

C&C very much appreciated!

Battalion Detachment

HQ

Captain w/Jump Pack, Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield (WL Trait: Artisan of War, Relic: Angel’s Wing) – 124

Terminator Librarian w/Force Axe and Storm Bolter (Wings of Sanguinius, Unleash Rage) - 112

Troops

5 Scouts w/Boltgun x 3, Bolt Pistol and Missile Launcher – 75

5 Scouts w/Boltgun x 3, Bolt Pistol and Heavy Bolter – 65

5 Scouts w/Bolt Pistols, Combat Knives and Power Sword – 59

Fast Attack

5 Assault Marines w/Jump Packs, Chainsword x 3, Meltagun x 2, Melta Bombs and Plasma Pistol – 113

3 Scout Bikers w/Shotguns and Twin Boltguns – 69

Vanguard Detachment

HQ

Lieutenant w/Chainsword and Grav Pistol – 65

Elites

10 Death Company w/Jump Packs, Power Sword x 4, Power Maul x 2, Power Fist x 2, 2 x Chainsword – 242

5 Sternguard Veterans w/Power Sword, 5 x Special Issue Boltguns – 84

5 Sternguard Veterans w/Power Sword, 5 x Special Issue Boltguns – 84

Vanguard Detachment

HQ

Brother Corbulo – 83

Mephiston (The Quickening, Unleash Rage, Shield of Sanguinius) – 160

Elites

5 Death Company w/4 x Chainsword, 1 x Power Fist – 94

5 Death Company w/4 x Chainsword, 1 x Power Fist – 94

Death Company Dreadnought w/Heavy Flamer x 2 – 135

Flyer

Stormraven Gunship w/TL Assault Cannon, TL Multi-Melta, Hurricane Bolters x 2 – 338

Total = 1996

For the avoidance of doubt, everything in the second Vanguard detachment rides in the Stormraven, except the Stormraven itself obviously! Also I'm pretty sure I've included all the right ingredients as far as Slamguinius goes but please let me know if I need to change anything, I've never used him before.

Edited by t-dog1996, 16 April 2019 - 01:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users