+++ TEMPUS BELLI IS LIVE+++

Excessus

+++TEMPUS BELLI+++

*A time of war*

The bio-mechanical serpents slithered around him, consuming the armours, bodies and very souls of the fallen lying strewn around on the ground. They had once been his mechadendrites, but that was ages ago and now they acted with a daemonic intelligence and purpose both with and without his command. Back in the eye he had dabbled in abominable intelligence to rebuild them, a mystic and secretive science with an abundance in danger. He remembered well the warnings in the texts about the Men of Iron, and the danger they possessed. He had been very careful when it came to designing them, and in the end the daemonic possession to them was a boon if anything, since it meant he could construct pacts and sorcery to keep them under his control.

"-Grrraaawrgggh"

The mechanical beast let out a low growl as the serpents began to repair it under his guidance. It had suffered greatly under the assault but was still alive...if you could truly call what it had "life". His own mechanical mount was grazing a short distance away, like a tamed dairy beast of old but instead of grass, it consumed the very essence of the reality around it.

A binary chant on his inter-vox notified him of a gathering of daemon engines that needed direction, and he called over his mount to move out and take charge of them. The Masters of Possession were very good at creating these monstrosities, but to control them they had less...authority...

The damaged machine was repaired enough and would recover in due time, and it happily skittered after him when he moved toward the other machines and towards battle...

gallery_48988_10069_285903.png

At long last, reinforcement has arrived for our beleaguered chaos forces. New models are inbound and the chaos warlords are eagerly awaiting their arrival! What better time to stage a modelling contest amongst the frater? None, I'd say especially with all the goodies that are coming out.

+++

This will be a modelling challenge for all you chaos-lovers out there, and even those only dabbling a bit in chaos, dipping their toes in the warp and will forever be tainted hereafter we hope... :teehee:

The challenge involves you, frater, pledging to complete building one of the following detachments. After you have finished one, you are free to pledge another one. For the insane of you, you are welcome to collect all of the badges...

gallery_48988_10069_13480.png gallery_48988_10069_17835.png gallery_48988_10069_8946.png

gallery_48988_10069_5316.png gallery_48988_10069_20215.png gallery_48988_10069_13864.png

gallery_48988_10069_21155.png gallery_48988_10069_18506.png gallery_48988_10069_2325.png

Your pledge will start with you posting in this thread with your vow to complete one of the detachments above (ie. "I, Excessus, pledge to complete a Brigade detachment before the first of may, 2019, for the glory of the chaos gods"...or something like that). You can then collect your participation badge:

gallery_48988_10069_14888.png

Then you will need to post a picture of sprues or bits, proving that you are starting your pledge. And finally, you need to post a picture of your finished detachment before the time limit.

Short FAQ:

Q: Can I pledge partially built models?

A: Yes, if there will be improvement enough on them. If you are unsure, send me a PM.

Q: Can my finished models be magnetised or purposefully not put together because of painting styles etc?

A: Yes, magnets or glue doesn't matter. If you paint your marines unassembled I would suggest you prop them up with blue-tac or similar products to not just have a picture of a pile of bits. Nothing can be still on a sprue though...

Q: Can I mix my detachments between the different chaos armies? R&H, Daemons, Knights and so on.

A: Yes, chaos forever!

Q: I have a model that has been built a little, would that be ok?

A: It depends. If it is fully built or very near completition (just an arm missing or such) then no, but if there will be a lot of improvement (conversion, GS and such) then it would be fine. If you're unsure send me a PM.

That should do it! Go ahead and make your vows and collect the badges! If you have any questions or are unsure about anything, just go ahead and ask.

Let the building begin!

Update:

Excessus - Battalion

Gederas - Battalion Pre Post

Dragonlover - Battalion Pre

Prot - Battalion

Eldrick Shadowblade - Patrol Pre Post

Marshal van Trapp - Vanguard Pre Post

tordeck - Vanguard Post

tordeck - Spearhead Post

tordeck - Battalion Pre

Sgt. Blank - Patrol Pre Post

El_Dicko - Battalion Pre Post

Lord Th Edited by Excessus
Let the games begin!

Q: Can my finished models be magnetised or purposefully not put together because of painting styles etc?

A: Yes, magnets or glue doesn't matter. If you paint your marines unassembled I would suggest you prop them up with blue-tac or similar products to not just have a picture of a pile of bits. Nothing can be still on a sprue though...

This is good for me, because I'm vowing Shadowspear and some of those models are IMPOSSIBLE to paint without sub-assemblies (the Obliterators and Master of Possession)

Speaking of which:

I, Gederas, pledge to complete a Battalion detachment of Word Bearers before the first of May 2019, for the glory of the chaos gods!

I, Dragonlover, pledge to complete a Battalion before May 1st for the glory of the Gods!

Current plan is finish a Daemon Prince and a Deredeo, build at least one lot of Shadowspear and 20 Cultists. I may follow up with the Gellerpox Infected and some of a second lot of Shadowspear, we'll see how things pan out.

For reference, here's pics of the started stuff so it's all above board.

gallery_69371_14869_19036.jpg

gallery_69371_14869_27090.jpeg

The legs aren't even glued in that pic of the Deredeo, it's just balancing precariously.

Sprues of Cultists:

gallery_69371_13826_92069.jpg

Dragonlover

Edited by Dragonlover

How do you guys upload images? I am on iPhone and having tried a bunch of image compression solutions but nothing has worked. I would love to add my shadowspear box to this challenge so any advice is appreciated!

I tend to send my pics to someone via Facebook messenger from my phone then download them from there, that tends to compress them enough for the gallery.

Welcome aboard by the way!

Dragonlover

P.S: Remember folks, don't put any paint on these guys just yet. There's honour to regain in a few months...

I, Marshal Van Trapp, having lost my mind, do hereby pledge to build one vanguard detachment before the first of May, 2019, for the glory of the dark gods!

Going to pick up 2 shadowspeers later today and when I do I'll post a pick of the chaos sprues

Edit: as promised two shadowspear chaos sides, for this first detachment I'm building the chaos marines as possessed, the 4 greater possessed, and master of possession

Uf9GXH8.jpg

Edited by Marshal van Trapp

30 Chaos Marines, 4 Greater Possessed, 2 Obliterators and a Master of Possession all assembled. Sadly, I don't have that much poster-tac :lol:

I'll try and get a picture with them all together, but no promises of all of them with their bolters across their chests :lol:

30 Chaos Marines, 4 Greater Possessed, 2 Obliterators and a Master of Possession all assembled. Sadly, I don't have that much poster-tac :laugh.:

I'll try and get a picture with them all together, but no promises of all of them with their bolters across their chests :laugh.:

And the office supply retailers in your area suddenly sensed a disturbance in the force... :biggrin.:

...it'll probably be fine, once you got some "assembled" send me a pic in a PM.

30 Chaos Marines, 4 Greater Possessed, 2 Obliterators and a Master of Possession all assembled. Sadly, I don't have that much poster-tac :laugh.:

I'll try and get a picture with them all together, but no promises of all of them with their bolters across their chests :laugh.:

And the office supply retailers in your area suddenly sensed a disturbance in the force... :biggrin.:

...it'll probably be fine, once you got some "assembled" send me a pic in a PM.

I'll take a picture once I come down from Saturn thanks to all that plastic glue :lol:

Be gentle, this is my first time. A few questions:

1. This is purely about building, right? So base decoration is not mandatory, same as any form of painting or even priming?
  2. What do you do for a Superheavy detachment with Thousand Sons or Death Guard? They only have their respctive (unique) primarch - what would the other two choices be?
  3. I assume the new Khorne altar and "Stargate" each count as a Fortification, and do not forget the Nurgle tree available for Daemons. So will you add a pledge/badge for that detachment as well?

Be gentle, this is my first time. A few questions:

1. This is purely about building, right? So base decoration is not mandatory, same as any form of painting or even priming?
  2. What do you do for a Superheavy detachment with Thousand Sons or Death Guard? They only have their respctive (unique) primarch - what would the other two choices be?
  3. I assume the new Khorne altar and "Stargate" each count as a Fortification, and do not forget the Nurgle tree available for Daemons. So will you add a pledge/badge for that detachment as well?

No worries, we all start somewhere. :D

1. Yes, pure building. No base decorations are needed, and neither priming or painting.

2. Hmm, can't they take from the FW index?

3. Initially I made a decision not to go for fortifications, but I might have to think a bit more on that now that we'll be getting a stargate and such.

2. Hmm, can't they take from the FW index?

I had not thought about them at the time, but you are of course correct. There will be no FW stuff in my Chaos armies though, at least for now.

Doesn't the Supreme Command detachment have a Lord of War slot? Could use that for Magnus/Mortarion if you've got normal HQ to build?

It has them as an optional choice, aye. There is also the Super Heavy Auxiliary Detachment. I was just asking out of curiosity anyway: my Magnus is built already, and I have no intentions of getting Mortarion anytime soon.

And My Vow to the Dark God Slaanesh is complete.

One Vanguard Detachment, the Chords of Oblivion:

UfWVkGs.jpg

Featuring, Solo Performances by Alpharius Jackson and Dr. Rockso, the Rock and Roll clown (2 Greater Possessed):

p5zLSei.jpg

A group Performace by KILL (Possessed Chaos Space Marines):

4j9tqtL.jpg

And our headliner, The Master of Puppets! (Master of Possession):

KcDOTGK.jpg