+++ TEMPUS BELLI IS LIVE+++

Excessus

Just stumbled on this thread, here's the stuff I offered in the other thread

I, Sgt. Blank, pledge to complete a Worldeaters Patrol detachment consisting of 1 Chaos Lord and 7 Berserkers and an Armiger Helverin before the first of may, 2019, for the glory of the chaos gods.

Here's the Helverin - significant greenstuff to do still, not to mention assembly

MAtDMLF.jpg?2

Ma2FEu3.jpg?1

Here are the Berserkers - converting from Blood Warriors

LhuC98u.jpg?2

FxLCkB8.jpg?1

I, El Dicko, pledge to complete a Tzeentchian Battalian detachment before the first of may, 2019, for the glory of the chaos gods.

The plan:

The Changeling.

Herald of tzeentch

Herald on burning chariot

30 pink horrors

13 blue horrors

10 brimstone horrors

Exalted flamer

3 Flamers

3 screamers

gallery_95846_15064_631278.jpeg

Edited by El_Dicko

Right, I want to pledge a spearhead, and want to start my predator kitbash today. However, I'm going to be needing the new kits (including havocs) to do the full build, so I can't take a picture of all of the sprues and stuff.

Is that OK?

Right, I want to pledge a spearhead, and want to start my predator kitbash today. However, I'm going to be needing the new kits (including havocs) to do the full build, so I can't take a picture of all of the sprues and stuff.

Is that OK?

Yes, just as long as everything is shown in a before and after state. It doesn't have to be together.

Just take the sprue pics when you get them.

Edited by Excessus

Hey y'all!

At first, I was planning to do weekly updates, but then apparantely it seems writing a thesis is more work than I anticipated so I have been out of comission of sorts for the last week. :)

The front page is updated now with vows and links.

...I better get started on my stuff soon... :P

Sorry I didnt post before pics. With them all being new boxes I was too excited to get building lol. Anyway here is my Spearhead as vowed.

55704698_267490250802961_152214636973155

Edit - And just to be a pain. I am again changing my vox because I decided on a different path for my DG instead of the Outrider i am instead going to build a Nurgle battalion.

Poxbringer
Horticulous Slimux
2 x 10 Plaguebearers
1 x 3 Nurgling bases

Once Horty comes in I'll post a pic of his sprue. In the mean time here are the rest of the contents.
56248115_270255550530461_256320213969430

EWP - Taking that pic I realized my SC didnt come with a Poxbringer sprue. Oops.

Edit - Horty pic

56845638_252331018899868_539649498142474

Edited by Tordeck

Construction of Patrol Detachment complete:

HQ: Chaos Lord

wMQDYUy.jpg?2

Converted from Dark Vengeance Chosen, with Bloodletter Champion head, Chaos Champion pack and raptor chainsword added. Depending on how the new rules shake out, I may use him as the Master of Executions instead. I'm a bit annoyed by the Dark Apostle changes since re-rolling all melee misses was an ideal aura for Berserkers and he was cheap and durable.

Troops: 5x Berserkers (Worldeaters)

x75apA7.jpg?1

Converted from the easy-to-build Blood Warriors. The major work is on the greaves and boots to make them look more like armor and less like leather - nothing new or special here, it's a pretty standard conversion. 

Progress on the Helverin

Please forgive the wonky appearance, it's in several subassemblies held together with poster tac. Ignoring that, I'd welcome any feedback.

2FSdfKR.jpg?1

9o7Ldfk.jpg?1

pKyQL0J.jpg?1

Finished elements: Heavy stubber, thigh plates, skull pad (right shoulder).

Parts: Bloodletters banners (skulls on stubber, horns erupting from carapace, symbol on left pad); Bloodletter champion - small horns on collar; Blood Warriors arms (ankle armor - not attached in picture, skull symbol); Daemon prince - large horns, eight pointed star; metal Juggernaut of Khorne - spikes on thigh armor, codpiece (not pictured)

Still some work to go but it's getting there - may another week or so of green stuffing. The main thing remaining is the arms, but those are largely stock so it ought to go fairly quickly. I'll admit, I am tempted to pledge the Knight for this challenge.

[Disclaimer: This post has been edited to change my vow details. What has not changed is the original vow of "Vanguard Detachment" though. See the spoilered part below for the original vow details.]

I, Darnok, pledge to complete a Vanguard Detachment before the 1st of May, 2019 , for the glory of Nurgle and its Chosen Legion.

My original plan has changed, what I will complete is as follows:

• HQ: Lord Felthius
  • Elite 1: The Tainted Cohort
  • Elite 2: Blightlord Terminators x5
  • Elite 3: Deathshroud Terminators x3
  • Elite 4: Possessed x6 (+1)

The fourth Elite choice I will add since a) I had started building them for my original vow already and :cool.: it felt a bit "cheap" to have the Tainted Cohort as a "full" Elite unit - despite them being a legal choice. Since they will be most likely fielded as part of a bigger Blightlord unit anyway I thought it would only be fair to add something else. Also: more models built!

Here are the sprue pictures:

bdZdB6H.jpg

7NgJleL.jpg

wpogqhh.jpg

Sorry for the late sprue pictures. They were all taken quite a while ago, I simply forgot to upload and post them.

Original vow details:

The plan is as follows:
  • HQ: Master of Possession
  • Elite 1: Greater Possessed x2
  • Elite 2: Possessed x6
  • Elite 3: Possessed x6
  • Elite 4: Possessed x7

Pictures of the unassembled models:

VSgOoSN.jpg

wpogqhh.jpg

olvLljw.jpg

The Possessed sprues are three times complete (each building five) and one is short the legs, so builds four.

I want to build a few more with bits from here and there, so together with some already built I will end up with one unit for each of the Big Four in the appropriate numbers. So a unit of six themed around Slaanesh, seven for Nurgle, eight for Khorne, nine for Tzeentch.

Edited by Darnok

I, DeRome90, pledge to complete a Vanguard detachment before the first of may, 2019, for the glory of the chaos gods and the primordial truth.

Here are the spures I plan to use to create some Possessed, some Bigger Possessed and a Master of Possession:

DSC04374

Edited by DeRome90

Stupid question, but: can I change my vows to something different in the same category? Case in point: I would like to do a Death Guard Vanguard detachment instead.

Stupid question, but: can I change my vows to something different in the same category? Case in point: I would like to do a Death Guard Vanguard detachment instead.

Yes, just finish a Vanguard detachment. How you do it or with which models is up to you. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I might do a last minute vow tomorrow depending on how hungover I am in the morning! Finally have all my CSM preorders and bitz orders I should be able to throw something together!

My Vanguard is going well, I might even find the time to add a Patrol. :smile.:

Not long left though, will you have time?

It would be Typhus and 14 Poxwalkers - I will decide this tomorrow evening. The sprue pictures are already done.

On a mildly related topic: I just learned what ETL is (and read last years rules). Will there be one this year, and if yes: when will it start?

Yes its occurring this year, and it should start some time in May.

From this thread: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/353986-etl-2019/

Myself, I can't wait - I have so much stuff piled up on my desk that I'm eager to get to painting.  In the meantime, I'm working on some terrain. :)

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui