ETL VII - planning and preparation

elmo

So I ended up finally burning the gift vouchers I've had since September and bought a Stormsurge. That's absolutely the last thing I'm getting though. Totally.

The realisation that Contrast paints seem designed to go over a white base has me thinking they're most likely not for me. All my stuff is already based in The Fang so it's pretty likely the end result would fall at least a little way from what I have in mind, although who really knows at this point. As a result I'm planning to dig out my long-abandoned airbrush and see if I can get better results out of it this time around. Anything that saves me applying 3+ coats of Russ Grey is very welcome indeed.

Update: Airbrush appears to be a go. I may have solved my recurring problem with it.

Edited by Commander Dawnstar

If I had the money for that many Commanders I would. ^^

You only need one actual Commander (for Arra'kon). The others are one Farsight, four "normal" Crisis, one Broadside and one Riptide. Still expensive, but not 8-Commanders-expensive.

So after being kinda shocked by just how easy it is to reposition the legs on the big Battlesuits (normally I never have the confidence for this sort of thing) I've decided that I'm going to go ahead with my plans to pick up the Shapeways parts and take my best shot at immitating this. I really think the Stormsurge looks so much better as a giant Broadside.

Update: Shapeways parts are ordered.

Edited by Commander Dawnstar

Looking good Dawnstar...

My first vow (a Tuna) is all prepared and just waiting for the starters whistle :)

After that - who knows. I still have a couple of Fish chassis primed from last year so they may be a good 2nd vow.

Here's how the Stormsurge is looking at this time. Everything above the waist is tacked in place rather than glued.

med_gallery_82168_15314_1136661.jpg

Of all the Models done this ETL i want to see this one finished the most :wub: :wub: :wub:

im saving up for those shapeways parts for when i get a Big guy like that :biggrin.:

Mithril

No pressure then XD

Just practice a LOT on all your other Vows :thumbsup: .... So this is the absolute sweetest model you have ever painted in your entire life :laugh.: ....

you can do it .... :sweat:

Mithril

I'm hoping that I'll be able to vow for Tau this year. Some stuff has come up that has delayed my plans a bit, and it may be that I only have time to paint my broadside and maybe a few other suits. Good news is, I've settled on a scheme for my army, though it's probably been overdone (think Zeon mobile suits from gundam).

I'm hoping that I'll be able to vow for Tau this year. Some stuff has come up that has delayed my plans a bit, and it may be that I only have time to paint my broadside and maybe a few other suits. Good news is, I've settled on a scheme for my army, though it's probably been overdone (think Zeon mobile suits from gundam).

Don't worry about the quantity of models or the value of your vow... All are welcome in - The Greater Good -  :thumbsup:

Edited by elmo