Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

House rules & CPs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Dont-Be-Haten

Dont-Be-Haten

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,194 posts
  • Faction: Carmine Blades

Hey guys, I've been thinking about this house rule for Narrative games and possibly matched-play as well. I know some of you all house rule stuff from time to time and wanted to see what you thought about this? Maybe practice a few games with it and we could also send it to GW to see if they might change things up. This to me seems like a fair and honest way to help those CP starved armies but at the same time doesn't warrant a huge investment in extra troops or HQs.

What do you think about the following?

Command and Conquer: If your army is battle forged, the following detachments receive an additional command point (An Outrider detachment would become 2 instead of 1 etc.)
Air Wing Detachment
Outrider Detachment
Spearhead Detachment
Vanguard Detachment
Patrol Detachment

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten, 09 March 2019 - 03:29 PM.

gallery_62972_10568_26224.jpggallery_62972_10568_6124.jpggallery_62972_10568_31437.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_Angallery_62972_14467_3723.jpg

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,360 posts

I think patrol should honestly be 2 from the base. 

But, I dont know about the others being 2.  It rewards power-builds that I think the detachment system was trying to avoid in the first place.  

• Charlo likes this
Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort
"Use soft words and hard arguments." (Henry George Bohn [1796-1884].)

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Collection of Battle Reports
Corbulo Tactica

Dont-Be-Haten

Dont-Be-Haten

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,194 posts
  • Faction: Carmine Blades

I think patrol should honestly be 2 from the base.

But, I dont know about the others being 2. It rewards power-builds that I think the detachment system was trying to avoid in the first place.

I feel ya. I think it gives variation. I actually like patrol awarding 2 CPs. My thought process is guard and admech give 5 CP for almost no points. I feel as though this will help mono lists considerably!

And for campaigns especially it gives players options to not feel so restricted in their list building.

Thanks for the input Mort!

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten, 15 March 2019 - 11:31 AM.

gallery_62972_10568_26224.jpggallery_62972_10568_6124.jpggallery_62972_10568_31437.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_Angallery_62972_14467_3723.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users