House rules & CPs

Hey guys, I've been thinking about this house rule for Narrative games and possibly matched-play as well. I know some of you all house rule stuff from time to time and wanted to see what you thought about this? Maybe practice a few games with it and we could also send it to GW to see if they might change things up. This to me seems like a fair and honest way to help those CP starved armies but at the same time doesn't warrant a huge investment in extra troops or HQs.

What do you think about the following?

Command and Conquer: If your army is battle forged, the following detachments receive an additional command point (An Outrider detachment would become 2 instead of 1 etc.)
Air Wing Detachment
Outrider Detachment
Spearhead Detachment
Vanguard Detachment
Patrol Detachment

I think patrol should honestly be 2 from the base. 

But, I dont know about the others being 2.  It rewards power-builds that I think the detachment system was trying to avoid in the first place.  

I think patrol should honestly be 2 from the base.

But, I dont know about the others being 2. It rewards power-builds that I think the detachment system was trying to avoid in the first place.

I feel ya. I think it gives variation. I actually like patrol awarding 2 CPs. My thought process is guard and admech give 5 CP for almost no points. I feel as though this will help mono lists considerably!

And for campaigns especially it gives players options to not feel so restricted in their list building.

Thanks for the input Mort!

Archived