IF doubles list - 1.25k

Scammel

Hi guys,

I'm hoping to attend May's doubles events at WW. I'm relatively new to Heresy but have plenty of Old 40k experience under my belt, so have worked up a list that aims to give as good as it gets with two tough, deep-striking scoring units while making use of IF toys. Much will obviously depend on my teammate's list, but in the meantime I have a couple of questions below:

1: How vulnerable is this list to the Pride of the Legion malus? Are storm shields enough mitigation against this?

2: Tacticals seem inefficient in a power armour meta when points are sparse. Am I correct, or should I replace some Terminators?

3: The bunker seems a great piece of cheap role compression, but is AV14 secure enough?

RoW - Pride of the Legion

Legion Praetor - Tartaros armour, paragon blade, storm shield, teleportation transponder - 180pts

Legion Terminator Squad - Chainfist, 4 power fists, storm shields, teleportation transponders -  300pts

Legion Terminator Squad - 3 combi-plasmas, assault cannon, teleportation transponders - 226pts

Legion Heavy Support Squad - Lascannons - 235pts

Legion Heavy Support Squad - Plasma cannons - 210pts

Bunker - Comms relay, ammo dump - 85pts

1246pts

Your insights are much appreciated!

I like your list - especially two Heavy support squads and the Bunker with ammo dump. That's quite a firepower for 1250pts list!

To answer your 2nd question : i wouldn't call tactical squads inefficient. They are cheap (for HH standards) and can give you a lot of expendable bodies on the table. Even a puny tactical squad can decimate many infantry units with its Fury of the Legion. I'm not saying they are amazing or that you should take them but they are definitely manageable and in some legions ( e.g.World Eaters ) they can become outright scary.

My biggest concern are storm shields terminators. 300 points is a LOT for a 5-man squad with no reliable way of deep striking. They seem really powerful with 3++ and Power Fists so they can surely earn their points back if you pick a right target for them. But if they get bogged down by a cheap unit or suffer a deep strike mishap it will be a great loss for your army. 

Have you considered Veteran Squad? For around 260pts you could have 10man WS5 squad with power weapons and boltguns (so you can capitalize on Disciplined Fire). They have way more attacks than termies but sure lack the resilience. You can transport them in a rhino though.

That's incredibly helpful, thanks! Great to have some of my choices vindicated. 

In all likelihood I'm locked into the shield squad due to prior investment and rule of cool, but thanks for confirming my suspicions on eggs in baskets. I hadn't studied Legion Vets too closely prior to now, but by trimming the Praetor down to a Delegatus and taking out the ranged Terminator squad I can fit in a relatively healthy nine-man squad with a plasma gun, two combi-plas and a Rhino - and grab a pair of Laser Rapiers to boot! 

List looks good as others have mentioned. Be aware that bunkers have a limited firing arc (90 degrees).

I'd agree with dropping 1 unit of terminators in favour of some veterans, they're such a flexible unit.

Archived