BT updated rules etc

McGirth

Hi guys, still relatively new to 40k and am getting a bit confused with updated rules. Ive got the rule book that came in D.I and the space marine chapter book. Ive seen references to the vigilus and chapter approved 2018. Do i need both to get all the up to date rules, stratagems etc.

Does anyone know of any cheat sheets or pdfs with all the BT related updates.

Thanks in advance.

If I recall correctly, you'll need the following:

-Basic rulebook

-Codex: Space Marine

-Imperial Armour Index: Forces of the Adeptus Astartes

-Chapter approved 2018

-Vigilus book #1 for the sword brethen detachtment

-And, until the new troops are centralized in a new book, the shadowspear vanguard codex if you want to field the new units contained in it.

I don't know if there's something that I've been missing, but at least for pure BT you should have everything in there. And no, I don't know any cheat sheets, pdfs or another source that I haven't mentioned.

Also, another question for this thread: Is chapter approved 2017 required, or everything related to that older book it's included in the 2018 version?

I think Bolvar has got all of it in that list. :thumbsup:

Also just a pre-emptive reminder guys: while a list of the official sources needed for all the BT rule/stratagems is fine, let's take care to stick within the board rules and avoid sharing/linking any direct rules material here! :sweat:

-Imperial Armour Index: Forces of the Adeptus Astartes

Question: If you are only using GW produced units (vs. Forgeworld), is this necessary?

Admittedly, there are things like the Leviathan and other interesting oddities, but only for FW units. Correct?

What you need;

Codex: Space Marine

Chapter Approved: 2018

Vigilus 1: Defiant

Index 1: Astartes (For Non-Marshall’s Bike Characters, and expanded wargear)

FW Index: Astartes (For some expanded options).

Associated FAQ’s

Mostly you should need Sword Brothern Detachment from Vigilus, our Codex and Chapter Approved. A ‘competitive’ Templar List would beside wanting Leviathan or other niche option would only need those books. Razor lists might pick up the index for space marine but purely speaking you don’t need any.

Now I will say, that investing in all 5 indexes is worth the price. Because one you get a preview on the various armies. While you might lose some things from the codexes, the index rules to some degree allow you familiarize yourself somewhat with the other armies units and special abilities

If you don't own any units from FW you shouldn't need that book, but why wouldn't you use them? there are some sweet things there :teehee:

Oh I couldn't agree more <looks over at two Caestus, a Leviathan, and a Prometheus LR> :)

and a caestus

You  will absolutely love this unit. I have a couple of batreps in my thread with them. In particular, "The Battle for Murska Airbase".

Archived