Blackstone Fortress Explorers

• 3 weeks later...

I would think it's unlikely, the explorers are split 3 to a sprue so they can't be released individually and they are such a mashup of different factions they would not really work as a box of all nine.

The only model i think you will see released separately will be the Chaos Lord. He has a sprue all on his own

I would think it's unlikely, the explorers are split 3 to a sprue so they can't be released individually and they are such a mashup of different factions they would not really work as a box of all nine.

The only model i think you will see released separately will be the Chaos Lord. He has a sprue all on his own

You never know, they don't need to be released separately. The Deathwatch guys from Overkill got released as a group later as did the 4 GSC characters from that box.

You never know, they don't need to be released separately. The Deathwatch guys from Overkill got released as a group later as did the 4 GSC characters from that box.
Thing is all the models on those sprues are part of the same army, DW or GSC. You can fit all the models from the separate release into a single 40k army either as characters or squad upgrades.

The DW terminator from that box is still the only official model for the powerfist/melta gun combo weapon.

The BSF is a mix of different factions, they don't all fit into any existing army.

GW seems to be reluctant to release an inquisition codex that would give you am excuse to field such a diverse set of characters in one army.

The only time i could see them being sold just as a set of 9 characters is if BSF is replaced by a new Warhammer Quest core box, then i think they could come out as a character pack. I don't think that is likely to happen for a good while.

I would be happy to be wrong about this, some of the explorers would make a nice base for some conversions.

Archived