Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

500 points AdMech (trying to start a local 40k scene)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Crovan

Crovan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 706 posts

Blessings of the Omnissiah upon you.

I live about an hour and a half from the FLGS here in Alaska.  There are some local folks who have either played 40k before or are interested in trying.  As a result, I'm trying to put together 500 point lists for my Black Templars, Death Guard, and AdMech so we can get some games in.  I want each list to highlight what the army does, but I want them to be fun to play against each other as well.

Thus far, the models I have on hand for this list are the Rangers and Vanguards, the Dominus, and the Onager.  The Ironstrider fit the points gap, and seemed fluffy and reasonably effective.  What do you more experienced tech priests recommend?  Links to the other lists are below:

Black Templar 500

Death Guard 500 pts

++ Patrol Detachment (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [33 PL, 500pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Forge World Choice: Forge World: Agripinaa

+ HQ +

Tech-Priest Dominus [7 PL, 92pts]: Phosphor Serpenta, Relic: Phosphoenix, Volkite Blaster, Warlord

+ Troops +

Skitarii Rangers [4 PL, 72pts]: Omnispex
. Ranger Alpha: Galvanic Rifle
. 2x Skitarii Ranger
. 2x Skitarii Ranger (Transuranic Arquebus): 2x Transuranic Arquebus

Skitarii Rangers [4 PL, 50pts]: Omnispex
. Ranger Alpha: Galvanic Rifle
. 2x Skitarii Ranger
. 2x Skitarii Ranger (Arc Rifle): 2x Arc Rifle

Skitarii Vanguards [7 PL, 126pts]: Enhanced Data-Tether
. 6x Skitarii Vanguard
. 3x Skitarii Vanguard (Plasma Caliver): 3x Plasma Caliver
. Vanguard Alpha: Arc Maul, Arc Pistol

+ Fast Attack +

Ironstrider Ballistarii [4 PL, 60pts]
. Ironstrider Ballistarius: Twin Cognis Autocannon

+ Heavy Support +

Onager Dunecrawler [7 PL, 100pts]: Broad Spectrum Data-tether, Twin Heavy Phosphor Blaster

++ Total: [33 PL, 500pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Edited by Crovan, 10 March 2019 - 07:31 PM.

ONDIG

ONDIG

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 189 posts
Myself i would drop the Ironstrider (maybe) for a second Onager .
Or swap the phospor cannon 4 the icarus? Anti air setup .
Last summer ran a # of games at 400pts and usually the Onager was all that was left on the table but it seldom made its points .
Durable as all get out but just didnt have the volume of fire to really make an impact.Im assuming the Dominus can increase its efficiency but w my limited testing my conclusion was dbldown or drop it altogether.

Edited by ONDIG, 10 March 2019 - 08:30 PM.

• Crovan likes this

Crovan

Crovan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 706 posts

Myself i would drop the Ironstrider (maybe) for a second Onager .
Or swap the phospor cannon 4 the icarus? Anti air setup .
Last summer ran a # of games at 400pts and usually the Onager was all that was left on the table but it seldom made its points .
Durable as all get out but just didnt have the volume of fire to really make an impact.Im assuming the Dominus can increase its efficiency but w my limited testing my conclusion was dbldown or drop it altogether.

Thanks for being willing to look at each of these!  I considered that as well for the benefit of having two near each other, but I'm a little concerned that this list may already be the strongest of the three, and I'm not sure the Death Guard can do anything about this guy short of getting into close combat.

GrinNfool

GrinNfool

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 175 posts

So after looking at the other 2 lists I think you should scrap the onager from the list, while it is a big part of the admech's identity, the other lists really can't do much with it other than locking it into combat, which the DG specifically will really struggle with the BT have some options though.  Since you aren't running things specifically maybe a Kastellan instead (just run a single model running true to matched play doesn't matter for what your goal is with this)  Other option is run a dragoon or squad of infiltrators to show a bit of admechs melee capability.

Edited by GrinNfool, 11 March 2019 - 12:05 AM.

• Crovan likes this

Crovan

Crovan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 706 posts

So after looking at the other 2 lists I think you should scrap the onager from the list, while it is a big part of the admech's identity, the other lists really can't do much with it other than locking it into combat, which the DG specifically will really struggle with the BT have some options though.  Since you aren't running things specifically maybe a Kastellan instead (just run a single model running true to matched play doesn't matter for what your goal is with this)  Other option is run a dragoon or squad of infiltrators to show a bit of admechs melee capability.

Thanks for taking a look.  The Onager worried me a bit, too.  Based on some other input, I think I may make sure the DG list has room for the Foetid Bloat-Drone, which would help with that a bit, but anti-armor does seem to be an issue.  The BTs I may make more mobile by including a Rhino for the Crusaders, and some bikers with a plasma or meltagun.  

As for showing off more of the AdMech's melee capability, I was thinking about that as well.  Both infiltrators and ruststalkers have a really unique look that I like, though there may be something to getting Kastelan's when I get around to putting a few more bucks into this list.  I personally think they're awesome with the old-school sci-fi look.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users