Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sanguinius Full Rules for 30k

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,057 posts

Enjoy all, he's a BEAST:

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

• Dolchiate Remembrancer and Dont-Be-Haten like this

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 579 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Let me buy him! So much SoonTM.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,674 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Is it just me or does Sang look like the stalker from You.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

james71989

james71989

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts
Im guessing this is a good indicator he goes up friday for preorder

gallery_62972_14467_40478.pngETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_An

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,394 posts
I never understood why his rules weren’t available at the Weekender when you could actually buy the model, especially when we were given rules for characters that we couldn’t buy there.
Still nice to have it, and yes I presume this goes up for pre-order on Friday. Still no word on a dispatch notice for Malevolance though...
  • Omega-soul likes this
gallery_26271_12264_20095.jpg

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, Eldar, Admech

I'm actually really disappointed in his rules.  Since he uses the weapons interchangeably within the same battle in the novels, but we have to choose which one to use.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,057 posts

I'm actually really disappointed in his rules.  Since he uses the weapons interchangeably within the same battle in the novels, but we have to choose which one to use.

Gotta balance him somehow!

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,467 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

According to the writers, he went through more revisions than any other Primarch (4) with feedback being "you still need to tone him down."

They also said their philosophy is they would always rather buff someone in a FAQ than have to nerf in a FAQ, so take that for what you will.

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

Dolchiate Remembrancer

Dolchiate Remembrancer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,741 posts
  • Faction: CSoV, TSons

aside for how he affects other BA, I really like how his rules are!

Segmentum Ultima::Dolchiate Sector ++Tales of Warfare in a Sector of the 41st Millennium++
IA: Crimson Sons of Vengeance(BA Successor) ++ IT: Thrallband Tusmah(TS Thrallband)

ETL_Medal_03.gif ETL_Medal_04.gif  gallery_29004_10383_212.pnggallery_62972_10568_30745.jpggallery_48988_10069_9408.pnghPRn0FW.pnggallery_48988_13169_15439.png

quinnwolf

quinnwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 182 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka

Anyone note the blurb at the bottom, the scenic base is only going to be available for a limited time. It's expensive for sure but surely necessary for anyone wanting the centrepiece for their collection.

My Vlka Fenryka PLOG: http://www.bolterand...ering-the-rout/

My completed Vlka Fenryka: http://www.bolterand...-rides-for-war/

Few close ups on the gram: https://www.instagra..._leopard_growl/

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,218 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Yeah, its a damn shame he only affects Jump packs, but then there has always been this weird disconnect between fluff BA and rules BA with them.

Ah well, saves me some cash if i ever get some decent HH rules.

7onyMustDive

7onyMustDive

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3 posts

Anyone note the blurb at the bottom, the scenic base is only going to be available for a limited time. It's expensive for sure but surely necessary for anyone wanting the centrepiece for their collection.

I don't play 40k or 30k, but I commission artists to paint the minis for me since I collect them and use them as display pieces...I literally just dropped over 1k to get an artist (think Sergio Calvo, Marc Masclans, Kaha) to paint it for me lol

btw, curios for those mathhammer folks, against other Primarchs would the spear of telesto or blade encarmine be better? 

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,979 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I don't play 40k or 30k, but I commission artists to paint the minis for me since I collect them and use them as display pieces...I literally just dropped over 1k to get an artist (think Sergio Calvo, Marc Masclans, Kaha) to paint it for me lol

1k what, USD? That's cheap if you're really getting THAT display quality.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,674 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

If hes not hand painting it for a 1000 I'd cancel the order :D Too many airbrush hacks out there now.

• Slave to Darkness likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

7onyMustDive

7onyMustDive

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3 posts

1k what, USD? That's cheap if you're really getting THAT display quality.

Depends on the artist. But usually for Slayer Sword, multi Golden Demon level artists it's 1k Euro -2k Euro (I know it's a huge range) for something the size and complexity of the Sanguinius diorama or Magnus Daemon version. The wait is usually like 3 months to half a year too. For something like Primarch size (new Abaddon model and Guilliman, usually around 400-600 euro). 

So vs other primarchs, spear or sword? 

Edited by 7onyMustDive, 11 March 2019 - 08:56 PM.

rendingon1+

rendingon1+

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,428 posts

I wonder how much sculptors like Egan earn - is it a contract or by "item"? My friend who's doing sculpting commisions takes 400-600EU for a 40mm mini, says he must increase his prices because he knows painters charge more for PAINTING what he scuplpted. This is silly.

Edited by rendingon1+, 11 March 2019 - 08:28 PM.

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,050 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

far as I know, Sam is an employee of Forgeworld, he will be on a salary I should think, probably a decent but not super amazing one I guess.

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

The Unseen

The Unseen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,561 posts
  • Faction: Charnel Guard

According to the writers, he went through more revisions than any other Primarch (4) with feedback being "you still need to tone him down."

They also said their philosophy is they would always rather buff someone in a FAQ than have to nerf in a FAQ, so take that for what you will.

I don't see how, those rules are distinctly underwhelming.

Like, he doesn't help your army out much at all, jump packs in both phases is "Meh" and that whole mechanic still feels like something jump packs should just do as part of their rules, but GW split it off to make it a special rule they can grant out, and +D3 wound results hardly matters in a 3" bubble around Sangy himself, as, except for another primarch, nothing in combat with Sangy plus a support unit is going to realistically still be alive or not fearless. And then you have a solid but uninspiring beatstick. Yeah, he'll kill stuff, especially on the charge with either weapon, but his pistol is a joke, so is throwing the spear, and he isn't going to kill anything close to nearly 500 points of stuff in a game if your opponent isn't stupid.

And unless your fighting multi-wound T5 things or Daemons literally all the time, the Blade is a no-brainer. Str 8 on the charge, plus re-rolling failed wounds and D3 extra attacks a lot of the time blows Str10 Instant death out of the water. If the Spear had armourbane all the time, rather than just when he threw it, would maybe be more fair, as then it would make him really viable against super heavies. Though against daemons the moonsilver blade is cute.

But no spear blast, he can't even pick it up after he throws it.

About the only unique thing he does is re-roll failed invulnerable saves the turn he charges, which I will admit turns him into one of the toughest Primarchs, for that turn only. Against shooting, he's average.

• Noserenda and Omega-soul like this

"For the Emperor and Sanguinius! Death! DEATH!"

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,057 posts

Are people forgetting that using the jump pack in the assault phase is a re-roll to charges and a HoW attack? That is massive in an army where jump packs will be everywhere and their legion rules are purely based around assault... Not to mention that you can land one unit without scatter, incredibly powerful.

In addition D3 to combat res is always handy.

I don't think Sanguinius was ever described as a buff machine or an insane general. His qualities are always a bit more "off-battlefield" being totally inspiring and awe-inducing.

He blends with the best of them though for sure!

Worth remembering that these rules are reflective of him at Signus Prime too, not at full power rage mode on the walls of the Eternity Gate or VS Horus etc

• fire golem likes this

Cadmus Tyro

Cadmus Tyro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 792 posts
I think he’s pretty brutal to be honest. I’m struggling to think how I would counter him, apart from avoidance tactics - which is difficult given his mobility.

I mean his army wide buffs are fairly reasonable, giving you better more reliable charge ranges, additional combat resolution scores and non scatter for a unit on DS.

I have some experience with Ferrus manus and he just pales in comparison. I also use Alpharius, and he really is an amazing buff to the XXth legion, but he is shocking in combat by comparison to any other primarch. There is always a balance to be had between army support and damage output.

Units on the board are never going to match our personal interpretations of their ability in the fluff. Just look at the tactical marine as an example - amazing and terrifying in the fluff, shocking in reality on the tabletop.

I think someone needs to run the mathammer on him vs other primarchs, that would be interesting!

Cadmus
Alpha legion and Iron hands work in progress:

http://www.bolterand...legion-wip-log/

Blackshield/World eaters log:

http://www.bolterand...omega-complete/

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,927 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
Alright, we've had 24 hours for the news to percolate through the community - it's time to lock this up and take the discussion to the 30k forum.
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users