Liquitex matte spray on varnish

Hi,

Does someone have experience with this varnish? I've been using citadel purity seal, but it ran out. I can get the liquitex one or army painter with Amazon prime here in Germany. The question is how good is liquitex in terms of frosting (been burned by army painter on that Front) and how matte is it? I like my templars to go matte as it makes the armour feel somewhat more Black.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

So after trying it out a bit:

Here are a few points:

+ it doesnt stink, which is nice when varnishing in the cellar with an open window

+ no frosting issues when its coldish outside the bottle says 5+ degrees celsius

+ can seal Pigment when applied lightly from miles away

+/- doesnt alter the look of the model a lot. I liked purity seal on my templars because it made the Black somewhat more intense and silky and made the red cloaks and tabards on some swordbrethren just way more vibrant. I varnished two cybots with it yesterday and it barely changed the tint of the Black, maybe a bit. Couldn't tell they were varnished hadn't I been standig next to it. That being said it let the tmm metal very much intact which is great for my alpha legion and the metal bits I painted on said Dreads. So a mixed bag, but worth to note.

Also be aware: when you first spray it on, it looks like there is horroble frosting occuring on your Mini. That is just the varnish doing its thing, it gets transparent again.

Archived