Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kill Team - Elites

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
218 replies to this topic

Danny Cyanide

Danny Cyanide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 972 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
Kill team Elites

https://www.warhamme...news-from-gama/
GAMAReveals-Mar11-KTElites1ehvdg.jpg

Edited by Danny Cyanide, 11 March 2019 - 03:45 PM.

• Interrogator Stobz, Excessus, Reinhard and 1 other like this
Imperial Guard - Elysians and Krieg --- Knight House Hartwick --- Watch Company Cygnus
sDn55VZ.png

Lord Castellan of the Mighty Astra Militarum (Until Lord Castellan Ursarkar E. Creed returns from his special mission.)

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept
Looking forward to this Kill Team supplement. I just hope it isn't as badly implemented as the Commander one.
  • Tordeck, Trevak Dal, Volt and 1 other like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,022 posts

Which indomitus pattern is that?

banana

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,400 posts

Hmm that a regular terminator? All his friends are primaris marines. I mean, it's clearly indominus pattern.... a few details on him I don't recognise, but not enough to think its something beyond being a few artist liberties.

• Master Commander Ajax, MaulerUK and Volt like this

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,702 posts

YES Adeptus Custodes in Kill Team! 

I suspect most of the actual elites in Elites will be gated into specific missions/play modes like Commanders: like I can see Asuryani being able to take Striking Scorpions as a "standard" choice, but Wraithblades are more limited.

Though with the points costs involved, taking something like a Terminator or Crisis Suit will really drop your model count, which can hurt in KT.

• Master Commander Ajax, balordazul and burningsky25 like this

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 811 posts
Is that a first time we see art featuring both classic marines and primaris marines?

Terminators forever!
  • MaulerUK and Hungry Nostraman Lizard like this

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,655 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
While I'm not against this expansion in theory, the Kill Team rules are getting quite extensive. Plus we seem to be closer to Combat Patrol than Kill Team with the addition of these units.
  • Tordeck, Sandlemad, Dosjetka and 5 others like this

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,702 posts

While I'm not against this expansion in theory, the Kill Team rules are getting quite extensive. Plus we seem to be closer to Combat Patrol than Kill Team with the addition of these units.

Adding more units was kind of inevitable considering this is a new major ongoing game line for them. But that's part of why I hope some things are gated so that it's "all players agree before tossing Thunderwolves and Starweavers into the mix." It keeps that core KT experience clearly defined, with the extra stuff being modules you can choose to add.

BluegrassGamer

BluegrassGamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts

Gotta say, I'm really looking forward to the Kill Team release. 

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,685 posts
Yay, I want a Terminator KT.
  • PeteySödes and Volt like this

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,015 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

Which indomitus pattern is that?

Seems like it has MK. IV leg styled cables, assault termies crotchguard, honour plates on infront of both pauldrons like certain Spacehulk termie has and somekinda extra scanner/signum unit ontop.

Termies in killteam... Might dust off my old conversions now.

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,378 posts

Add another "Heck yea terminators" in the pile. Im super pumped to make a bunch this ETL.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

There's also a banner bearer on the artwork. Would be nice if we could have an ancient in our Kill Teams as well. ^^

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,197 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion, XIII Legion
A terminator kill team is the perfect excuse to buy the season 2 space marine heroes...
  • Marshal Rohr, Master Commander Ajax, RedFox and 7 others like this

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,730 posts
My Deathwing is already preparing for the Battle :)
  • Reyner and MaulerUK like this
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,321 posts

Is that a first time we see art featuring both classic marines and primaris marines?

Terminators forever!

No, there is a picture with Grey Hunters and Primaris in the SW codex, and the kill team commanders book front cover has a normal White Scar alongside 4 Primaris ones.
  • RedFox likes this

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,006 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)
I'm far more excited for scorpions and mandrakes. I'd also have liked to see what chaos gets - I imagine Terminators and/or chosen, but possessed are also a possibility considering shadowspear
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,794 posts

Terminators forever!

No, there is a picture with Grey Hunters and Primaris in the SW codex, and the kill team commanders book front cover has a normal White Scar alongside 4 Primaris ones.

There's also this picture of Crimson Fists for Warhammer 40k's anniversary:
A4CFKX0.jpg

Which.... Actually shows Primaris Marines aren't that much larger than normal Marines :lol: Only a slight "one head taller" difference.

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,685 posts
It looks like it's one per KT? Everytime they showed it in the video, except for Custodes, they showed like one Terminator and then other guys, or firewarriors and one battlesuit. I hope we can make a small elite KT of just these elite duders.

I want a reason to kitbash three super detailed TDA boys.

Edited by HCMistborn, 11 March 2019 - 04:41 PM.

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,008 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I hope that the Elites book has something set aside for the Elucidian team to use.

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,702 posts

It looks like it's one per KT? Everytime they showed it in the video, except for Custodes, they showed like one Terminator and then other guys, or firewarriors and one battlesuit. I hope we can make a small elite KT of just these elite duders.

I think a teaser trailer where they have like 15-20 seconds to show models is not enough data to make such a call on :)

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,121 posts

Custodes! Yeeeeeah!

• FelipeFlops likes this

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,400 posts
Only way I could get excited about terminators is if we got actual new models. There's space marine heroes series two at least. Would love if they made primaris termies, but that'd be a bombshell too large for KT:E

Edited by Reinhard, 11 March 2019 - 04:50 PM.

• Captain Smashy Pants, Jarl Caldersson and Red_Shift like this

Inquisitor Eisenhorn

Inquisitor Eisenhorn

++ CANTOR ARDENS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,084 posts
  • Faction: Forces of the Imperium

I think you can use more than one.  The Thousand Sons Elite box they have coming looks to be a full squad of terminators. 

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,778 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

The Fractal Blades makes me think whole Terminator Squads will be an option.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users