Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kill Team - Elites

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
218 replies to this topic

OttoVonAwesome

OttoVonAwesome

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 297 posts

Hmm that a regular terminator? All his friends are primaris marines. I mean, it's clearly indominus pattern.... a few details on him I don't recognise, but not enough to think its something beyond being a few artist liberties.

There is no current model that matches that Terminator. Love the thicker thigh plates hope this means with chaos having so many new terminator kits that we are getting some soonish what with the current policies regarding the content of artwork only displaying actual models now.

Cyrox

Cyrox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,128 posts

Primaris style knee plates on him too

I really hope its more that just a bit of artistic flair

• Jarl Caldersson likes this

"I remember when Ragnar Blackmane had blond hair and this was aaaallll fields....."

gallery_60566_6038_4617.gif tn_gallery_60566_6038_42067.jpg gallery_60566_6038_1993.gif

RandyB

RandyB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 356 posts
Kill Team: Space Hulk is now a kitbashable reality!
  • Doctor Perils, RipOffProductions and Exilyth like this

Put the toys on the table and throw the dice. Everything else is just noise.

...Unless you're just in this for the modeling. In which case, show your work. Yours likely looks better than mine, anyway.

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,840 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade

Oh GW for the love of all that is holy just give Terminators a new sculpt, you dont even have to differentiate them from Primaris since they're already bigger! Just give Indomitus a new miniature already!.

• PeteySödes, Marshal Rohr, Cyrox and 5 others like this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,985 posts

Igor Sid really is a great artist.

• Urauloth and Hungry Nostraman Lizard like this

mkbKIlr.png

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,337 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion (Night Blades)

You know, for a more 'Reasonable' Ultramarine-ish Dornian Chapter, the Crimson Fists are often depicted in really bad Last Stand situations in the middle of nowhere.

• Hungry Nostraman Lizard likes this

"Our Turn" - Centurion Khârn.

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 677 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
Here’s hoping we do see some new Terminator models, they’re ten times cooler than Aggressors. Also pumped for Adeptus Custodes. I’d imagine you wouldn't get many of them into a 100 point Kill Team, perfect for slow painters like myself.
  • Gederas, Volt, Nemesor Tyriks and 3 others like this

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,777 posts

Here’s hoping we do see some new Terminator models, they’re ten times cooler than Aggressors. Also pumped for Adeptus Custodes. I’d imagine you wouldn't get many of them into a 100 point Kill Team, perfect for slow painters like myself.

It would be nice to have primaris sized terminators, that is, primaris in terminator armour.
  • Volt and Jarl Caldersson like this
Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

BluegrassGamer

BluegrassGamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but at the bottom of the Kill Team section there’s an image of a squad of five Thousand Sons terminators facing off against four Infiltrators, an Eliminator, and a Suppressor.

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 811 posts

It would be nice to have primaris sized terminators, that is, primaris in terminator armour.

New terminators would be nice, but not sure I want them to be centurion sized and dwarf all my other terminators

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but at the bottom of the Kill Team section there’s an image of a squad of five Thousand Sons terminators facing off against four Infiltrators, an Eliminator, and a Suppressor.

wait...I don't think that was there before

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,702 posts
It wasn’t.

I wonder what terrain is going to be in those boxes.

Beaky Brigade

Beaky Brigade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 851 posts

I'm guessing there will be several ways to balance it, either have two teams of elites facing off, or just include 1 elite in a normal team like commanders. I wouldn't want to bring a conscript team against all terminators.

~Drakzilla~

~Drakzilla~

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 903 posts

I may be wrong here, but I think the fancy Terminator is just Igor Sid's own artistic license. He does tend to put subtle embellishments on things, like the studs on the front Intercessor's shoulder trim or the bones on the other Intercessor's shoulder.

But gosh, how great would it be if KT: ELITE was a vehicle for updated Terminators?

• Bev'an likes this

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,205 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

You know, for a more 'Reasonable' Ultramarine-ish Dornian Chapter, the Crimson Fists are often depicted in really bad Last Stand situations in the middle of nowhere.

Because they're meant to be overly dramatic portraying heroes in a desperate last stand; not to display "what really happened."

Back on topic.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Boyadventurer

Boyadventurer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 599 posts

It wasn’t.

I wonder what terrain is going to be in those boxes.

There is the rubble from the new urban conquest box set, it would be nice to get that outside of the box. Ork box could come with the speed freeks terrain -- both are just lumps of difficult terrain style scatter pieces.

gallery_48988_15465_18333.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.pnggallery_45765_13882_2878.pnggallery_96397_14126_674.png

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,818 posts

Finally, cannot wait to unleash my golden boys!

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

El_Dicko

El_Dicko

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 425 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Space Marines and Demons
This is exciting, I’ve got so much leftover Betrayal at Calth and Burning of Prospero stuff that I was thinking of making Kill Teams out of.

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,702 posts
I think expecting Primaris Terminators is a HUGE reach. Especially as a Kill Team first release.
  • Master Commander Ajax, Doctor Perils, Droz_64 and 1 other like this

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,015 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

I still don´t get why they gotta cram something like custodes into KT...

It´s mostly guerilla styled warfare, hide in shadows and wait, not show in battleplate that screams: "I´M HERE, SHOOT ME!"

• Juggernut, Trevak Dal, ThatOneMarshal and 1 other like this

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 677 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans

Between Kal Jericho and primaris terminators I am fast running out of likes! Last week on Facebook somebody made a comment about primaris terminators and warhammer 40000 replied with a hinting response so I've had fingers and toes crossed since.

I really don’t think that the Terminator in the picture is anything other than a regular Terminator.
  • Juggernut, ThatOneMarshal, RikuEru and 1 other like this

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 116 posts

Between Kal Jericho and primaris terminators I am fast running out of likes! Last week on Facebook somebody made a comment about primaris terminators and warhammer 40000 replied with a hinting response so I've had fingers and toes crossed since.

I really don’t think that the Terminator in the picture is anything other than a regular Terminator.
But if doesn’t match any existing Terminator that I know of, and games Workshop hasn’t been using art of things they don’t sell.

Maybe it’s a unique mini for that kill team box?

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,205 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

It´s mostly guerilla styled warfare, hide in shadows and wait, not show in battleplate that screams: "I´M HERE, SHOOT ME!"

The Custodes Blood Games would imply that they would be some of the best infiltrators out there despite the gold.

• wildweasel, shandwen, Battybattybats and 5 others like this

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,321 posts
It’s too similar to a normal Indomitus terminator to be anything else. It just has extra details compared to the miniatures, which is common in GW art.

If they ever make a Primaris terminator i seriously doubt it would look exactly the same as Indomitus terminator armour, with only knee pad rims added and some cables on the thighs :lol:

Marshal Valkenhayn

Marshal Valkenhayn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts
  • Faction: Daemons Of Khorne

There are Custodes that don't wear the gold. My personal favorite faction are the wardens that wear black, but obviously black is my favorite color of power armor. Black armor, crimson capes.

I am praying that these terminators have nothing to do with Primaris, and that I can field an entire force of them. Terminator KT would bring me into the game, which I've been avoiding thus far due to not being able to field old marine chaplains. Let this terminator release be old marine, come with some cool new minis, and give me the ability to field a full team of elites with a term chaplain, sgt, heavy weapons guy, etc. I don't care if I'm stuck playing a 3 man army. It'd be fun as hell regardless.

• Master Commander Ajax, Interrogator Stobz, Volt and 1 other like this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Well for one that's completely up to the narrative you are coming up with for your match and then there's also the fact that Custodes can do the whole guerilla styled warfare as well if they want to. It's just that they usually don't have to unless they do it for sports.

Also there's nothing wrong with one team fighting with a guerilla styled approach while the other team fights with a more brute forced approach. Guerilla styled warfare is usually a tactic used when your opponent is too strong to face directly which would be perfect against a Custodes Kill team I'd say. ^^

Edited by sfPanzer, 11 March 2019 - 07:40 PM.

• Interrogator Stobz, Danny Cyanide and Magpie Knight like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users