Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Events Discussions Relocation

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,178 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion

We're going to experiment with something. In truth, this is nothing more than actually enforcing the purpose and arrangement of forums (which we haven't been doing in this case).

Discussions about events will take place in the Events forum (which is a sub-forum of the COMMUNITY forums in the FRATER DOMUS category). In this case, the only "events" to which this applies are things like conventions, weekenders, etc. (I'm not talking about challenges). This includes major tournaments (e.g., LVO, NOVA), conventions (e.g., GAMA, Games Day), opens/weekenders (e.g., Horus Heresy Weekender, Black Library Weekender), etc. The Events forum has been around for a long time and was established specifically for this purpose (we used it to plan B&C participation at Games Days, for example).

Product reveals/teasers/rumors, meanwhile, will take place here in the News, Rumors, and Board Announcements forum (which is sort of status quo).

So when a product is revealed at an event (such as the recent reveal of the Kill Team - Arena at GAMA), primary discussion about the product itself should take place here in NRBA. It's acceptable for reveals to also be posted in the Events forum - it's a natural response and we're not going to fight human nature.

Why are we doing this?

There are a number of reasons, actually. The primary reason is to allow for focused discussions. The Events forum is there so that people can find out about events in advance, coordinate efforts (where multiple members are attending), and share news about the event with others. We typically close events discussions once the event is over. Meanwhile, product reveals/teasers/rumors often persist after the event itself is over. In addition, different products revealed at the same event might be available for purchase at different times. We typically close product topics once the product is available for purchase. By having separate discussions about different products, we can focus each discussion on a particular topic and we can close each at the appropriate time without affecting other product discussions.

Ultimately, we're working towards cleaning up the NRBA forum. We're trying to find a balance between actual news and rumors about products (what most people want to read about in this forum) and the wish-listing and reactions to products (what we most often see). There's a lot of human nature and ease of response involved in the way discussions currently go, and it's unlikely that we'll be able to clean things up completely. There are probably ways that we can clean things up a bit while allowing for appropriate discussion and not creating both too much work for the mod crew and confusion/friction. This is just one step in that overall effort (other potential steps are being discussed).

• Orion, Matt_149, N1SB and 3 others like this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 831 posts

While I understand the intent, I find it disappointing, as it’s not directly accessible from the hone page (not on mobile, anyway).

I wish there actually was a way to trim the forum down to one’s favorites (instead of just favorite sections)...

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 12 March 2019 - 05:23 PM.
Removed now-unnecessary quote.

• DuskRaider and Petitioner's City like this

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,719 posts

While I understand the intent, I find it disappointing, as it’s not directly accessible from the hone page (not on mobile, anyway).

I wish there actually was a way to trim the forum down to one’s favorites (instead of just favorite sections)...

I'd agree with this, it is harder to find on a phone. One solution could be for events to have its own section from the homepage, under Frater Domus?

• Gederas likes this
Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

sairence

sairence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 643 posts

I'd agree with this, it is harder to find on a phone. One solution could be for events to have its own section from the homepage, under Frater Domus?

I second this. :)
gallery_30308_9518_8251.png

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,075 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I'm always amazed that people seem to use the actual mobile version of the forum. Even on my phone I always switch to the regular version to use the forum. :huh:

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

I use the mobile version all the time I'm not at home, and I'm having no troubles accessing this sub-forum. It's not on the starter page sure, but it's just one extra click.

Besides, hopefully the software will be upgraded soon and a bit easier to use.

• Dosjetka likes this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,803 posts

I'm always amazed that people seem to use the actual mobile version of the forum. Even on my phone I always switch to the regular version to use the forum. :huh:

I use mobile a lot. Easier to read at a glance
banana

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
I almost exclusively use the mobile site, especially since B&C (and all game related sites) are now blocked at work. This is a bit disappointing but as long as it's also posted under WIP then I guess I'll still notice (hopefully).
  • TrawlingCleaner likes this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,716 posts

You can switch to the desktop version of the site on mobile. It makes very little difference beyond the interface stretching off of your screen if you use it portrait.

mkbKIlr.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users