Kill Team: Elites - initial reactions/thoughts?

Tordeck

I think it really depends on the enemy you are facing and the mission. 

Against certain enemies, your model quality may overcome your lack of model quantity (for example, having less bodies to make some models more kill-y may work against some enemies and not others - for example, the points for power weapons and plasma may be well spent when facing an enemy with good saves, but "useless" points against an enemy with poor saves or invulnerables).

Likewise for missions - if there are a lot of objectives, fewer models makes it harder to hold them.  On the other hand, having better models may allow you to kill the opponent off of their objectives or allow you to ignore objectives and focus on getting the enemy to break.

Custodes vs Guardsmen will go pretty quick as well. Just sit on every objective and wait till the game is over. :biggrin.:

That's why I've always said Custodes were never OP for Kill Team.  As long as there are objectives, 3 Custodes should always lose to 20 Guardsmen.  It's no longer a matter of firepower or resilience, but a matter of holding terrain.

Whats a Heavy Spec good for, if all you rank&file guys are basically Heavies?.

Do you mean, aside from negating the penalty for moving when firing, and the extra shot?   :whistling:

Whats a Heavy Spec good for, if all you rank&file guys are basically Heavies?.

Do you mean, aside from negating the penalty for moving when firing, and the extra shot?   :whistling:

Scrap that down to "extra shot", DG get the penalty for moving and firing removed Heavy weapons removed, not that they have many in the first place. The tactic is good yes, but instead of it I could get a Zealot or a Veteran, (The normal loadout before elites being Demolition, Combat, Heavy). No I can basically have 2 Blight Launcher Heavies minus the tactic.

Edit: After another read: You are aware of the DG Legion Trait? No penalties for moving/advancing to hit roll and 18" rapid fire range?

Edited by MasterDeath

Sunday i had my First Game with élites

We played a 125 points Mission and i used a SM (DA) KillTeam vs my friend CSM (WB)

I took One DW Terminator TH+SS and my friend One Possesed

I borrowed him a 30k DA miniature to make One Fallen in his KillTeam

The game was Amazing

I Lost by One point but i managed to Kill the Fallen with my DW Terminator so I am Happy the same

Now we are Building roosters for a four armies narrative campaign using all rules (Arena + Élites + all killzones)

The only thing i don't like about élites Is that the point increase Is only for specific missions and not for all

And about the new Killzone box i got It and It has 125 points missions even if you don't use élites

It would have been Better a Better ruling about the élites point increase to be able to play at 125/150 on every Killzone with every mission

Edited by Master Sheol

Question - Can you take Elites in standard games (Like 100pts, without Elites being explicitly (dis)allowed), and are they legal in Arena matches too?

Nice game Master S :tu:

I had an Elites game of 2x Possessed and 5x Khorne Zerkers vs. Deathleaper, two Nid Warriors and a shooty Gaunt.

Lots of maneuvering into CC and the Zerkers won the day, the 3A twice with chainswords was unstoppable in the end (their bolt pistols did entirely zero).