Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WHQ Blackstone Fortress: Traitor Command & Escalation

Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,933 posts

2 commanders for traitor guard.

=][= EDIT =][=

UK Expo reveals in this post.

Edited by Brother Tyler, 31 May 2019 - 10:24 PM.

• Interrogator Stobz, Midnightmare, Parweke and 5 others like this

Ranulf

Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,043 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka, House Orlock

GAMAReveals-Mar11-BlackstoneTraitorComma

Chaos Commissar and Chaos Ogryn for Blackstone Fortress.

-Ran

• Marshal Rohr, Dosjetka, Midnightmare and 3 others like this

ZIbfbQY.jpg L_T_4_2019_Medal.gif

Shovellovin

Shovellovin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 353 posts

Those look great! I hope GW continues to expand the available Traitor Guard models.

edit - Is the Traitor Guard leader an ex-Commissar?

Edited by Shovellovin, 12 March 2019 - 06:49 PM.

Lagrath

Lagrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,131 posts
  • Faction: Hexfleet Virules

It's only two models? Cool, but would love to have more out of the box.

• Doctor Perils and Exilyth like this

Azaiel

Azaiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch, Orks

Interesting!

Wasnt that chaos ogryns claw a rumour engine pic a while back?

gallery_48988_15738_17267.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_13427.png

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,933 posts
Well they need something to command.
I reckon traitor guard infantry and some sort of sprue for vehicles will be released later on.

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,179 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels since RT.

They look great!

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gifsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png

Stobz'z DAngles

Toomanyprojects

Toomanyprojects

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 466 posts
Woop woop! Was hoping for a few other bits in the box but c’est la vie. Certainly didn’t see this one coming...

Edited by Toomanyprojects, 12 March 2019 - 06:54 PM.

++++ The Rusted - Nurgle Marines & Chaos Workbench ++++

++++ The Coalition - Imperial Army Workbench ++++

I made it, so I get to do anything I like with it yes.gif

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 677 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
They do look awesome. Will be interesting to see how much they retail for.

Edited by Master Commander Ajax, 12 March 2019 - 06:55 PM.

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Toomanyprojects

Toomanyprojects

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 466 posts

They do look awesome. I’m interested to see the retail price for them.

I reckon it will be the same £35 price as the Ambull
  • Master Commander Ajax likes this

++++ The Rusted - Nurgle Marines & Chaos Workbench ++++

++++ The Coalition - Imperial Army Workbench ++++

I made it, so I get to do anything I like with it yes.gif

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,418 posts

Aye, I doubt they'll change their pricing for the various expansions. A little steep for someone who only wants them for 40k but with any luck they'll release them separately later on down the line. :tu:

gallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_12339_7236.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,022 posts

SO Codex Traitor Gaurd is def going to be a thing this year.....

im ok with that

banana

The4thHorseman

The4thHorseman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 912 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
This begs the question, what from Forgeworld's Original Lost amd the Damned Renegades List still would need a model equilivent?

They added GW Traitor Guard, Rogue Psykers, now theres Ogyrns and Force Commander. So whats left to complete the range in GW form?

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done

ETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_AnETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.png

Ammonius

Ammonius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,058 posts
  • Faction: Xarcosan 11th

Whoah Awesome! I can always use another Smackassar, and that Ogryn is great!

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Love the Chaos Ogryn but I don't really feel the Traitor Commissar. 50% awesome and 50% meh makes still a pretty good release I'd say. :D

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,132 posts

They do hint at there being more in the box than just these two guys I think.

"...and forge alliances with unlikely friends in Precipice…" That seems like we're getting new adventurers, right? Hoping for a Blood Axe!

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 677 posts

SO Codex Traitor Gaurd is def going to be a thing this year.....

im ok with that

We can hope right? Give me a spikey upgrade sprue for the Leman Russ already!

Genestealer Cults, Deathwatch etc. all started out as single pose models before being followed by a multi-part kit release. I know they said somewhere that they had no plans but I’m still hopeful.

Edited by Master Commander Ajax, 12 March 2019 - 07:10 PM.

• Triszin likes this

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

balordazul

balordazul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 769 posts

Between the main box and this one given GW a year and you might have a lost and the damned 2.0 army about ready to go.  

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 677 posts

"...and forge alliances with unlikely friends in Precipice…" That seems like we're getting new adventurers, right? Hoping for a Blood Axe!

I think given the box art that’s all we’ll get for THAT expansion, maybe they’re teasing another reveal they’ve got planned for later today...

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,418 posts

I doubt that these alliances will show up in miniature form with this box. It's seems pretty clear in the way they've displayed this release that the Ogryn and Commissar are the only two models in the box.

That said, I'd be happy to be proven wrong!

gallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_12339_7236.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,132 posts

I doubt that these alliances will show up in miniature form with this box. It's seems pretty clear in the way they've displayed this release that the Ogryn and Commissar are the only two models in the box.

That said, I'd be happy to be proven wrong!

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

• zarkkarn likes this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,121 posts
A little dissappointing it's only two miniatures, but I'm invested in the game!

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 811 posts

At that point It's obvious that a Traitor guard full release with codex is coming from GW, probably this year. The signs have been there for a while, starting with FW discontinued Renegade range.

I personally don't care about Blackstone Fortress (there's ton of better dungeon crawler board games out there) but I have been collecting all sort of traitors and renegades for years and those models fits easily with the ragtag nature of this army.

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,777 posts

I must say I'm not a fan of either of these minis - the Ogryn doesn't compare to the older Forge World ones, and that commissar ... Foremost, she looks to clunky. 

But secondly, 'commissar'? I do understand what the studio is going for here, building on the BSF guardsmen and women - these are meant to represent indeed a Guard regiment which has turned.

But it's disappointing for my own desires, which hew closer to the freedom of the old Lost and Damned lists or FW Vraks and Chaos Imperial Armour book renegades, which was a much freer structure - and for my own desires, which would represent a force which has come out of the Eye or from long-term chaotic worlds, separated utterly from Imperial hierarchies, like the Sanguinary forces of Gaunt's Ghosts (not just the Pact or Sons, but all those weird mortal forces the Ghosts and other regiments fight).

• Sandlemad, Hungry Nostraman Lizard and Exilyth like this
Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,933 posts
Inquisition Kill Team rawr! All this heresy rustles my jimmies!
  • librisrouge and Kassill like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users