Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WHQ Blackstone Fortress: Traitor Command & Escalation

Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,418 posts

Nudged the last few posts over to the appropriate thread.

gallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_12339_7236.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

The Lost and the Damned here we go..!

• balordazul likes this

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,641 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I'm curious if the "Chaos Commissar" is a Commissar who went chaos, or someone who decided that dead Commissar with knife in his back had some mighty fancy clothes....

• librisrouge, Ammonius, Gederas and 1 other like this

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

This begs the question, what from Forgeworld's Original Lost amd the Damned Renegades List still would need a model equilivent?

They added GW Traitor Guard, Rogue Psykers, now theres Ogyrns and Force Commander. So whats left to complete the range in GW form?

Heavy Weapon Squads, vehicle upgrade sprue, maybe a command squad and Enforcers.

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,015 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

I'm curious if the "Chaos Commissar" is a Commissar who went chaos, or someone who decided that dead Commissar with knife in his back had some mighty fancy clothes....

Dark vengeance did have one with shotgun and commisar jacket, who knows really?

Maybe this one actually was commisar since he seems to have bolt pistol too.

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

librisrouge

librisrouge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,851 posts
  • Faction: His Noble Inquisition

*Looks at "commissar" model*

*Notices chaos insignia*

Me: You had one job. One dang job!

• Dosjetka, AfroCampbell, wildweasel and 5 others like this

"Frak this, for my faith is a shield proof against your blandishments."
-Book of Cain - Chapter IV, Verse XXI

"I think you really need to be a guard player in order to have that kind of attitude about casualties. My forces were killed to a man for slight strategic gain? All I heard was a buzzing noise until that part about strategic gain."
-Ailarian, Hand of the Kind XXXI

gallery_48988_15465_5689.pnggallery_48988_15465_9618.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_48988_10980_7442.pngVbg8STF.png

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, Eldar, Admech

...I really hope there's more than 2 models in this set.  But I'm not gonna hold my breath.  They're cool.  But $30 US cool, not $50+ cool.  Same issue with the Ambull, it's too expensive for how little we get.

• Bryan Blaire likes this

Beaky Brigade

Beaky Brigade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 851 posts

The box artwork looks terrific. BSF has some of the best 'Grim Dark' and consistent 40k artwork for a while.

• Dosjetka, Parweke and AfroCampbell like this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,134 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Love the Ogryn, but the Commissar for whatever reason doesn't quite impress me in the same way. Not sure why.

• Marshal Rohr, Juggernut, AfroCampbell and 3 others like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Death Guard Warband: The Fourth Seal

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,418 posts

...I really hope there's more than 2 models in this set. But I'm not gonna hold my breath. They're cool. But $30 US cool, not $50+ cool. Same issue with the Ambull, it's too expensive for how little we get.

At this point, I'd say the target audience is those who will use the rest of the set (i.e. BSF cards and assets). So for anyone not in that "target group", it's most likely not worth the price GW are asking. That said I'm fairly confident GW will release these separately once the big Chaos update rolls around.
  • wildweasel and BadgersinHills like this

gallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_12339_7236.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.png

grailkeeper

grailkeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 806 posts
  • Faction: Vylka Fenrika

I've seen ADB say that normal 40k releases are driven by the model designers. They'll create something and the codex will be worked around that rather than vice versa.

Blackstone Fortress must be great as it'll let them work on individual models that couldn't really find a home anywhere else.Something about these guys says they are designed to look individually cool rather than being part of an army/unit I wonder if we'll see any kind of passion project models in BSF?

• Felix Antipodes, Bryan Blaire and Doctor Perils like this

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, Eldar, Admech

...I really hope there's more than 2 models in this set. But I'm not gonna hold my breath. They're cool. But $30 US cool, not $50+ cool. Same issue with the Ambull, it's too expensive for how little we get.

At this point, I'd say the target audience is those who will use the rest of the set (i.e. BSF cards and assets). So for anyone not in that "target group", it's most likely not worth the price GW are asking. That said I'm fairly confident GW will release these separately once the big Chaos update rolls around.

Honestly, I'm in that boat too... sorta.  But even Ambull didn't have enough with it to be worth the money for me.   Two models and a few extra rules and cards definitely aren't worth that.  This is worse than a video game expansion fest!

• Bryan Blaire likes this

Ranulf

Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,043 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka, House Orlock

Love the Ogryn, but the Commissar for whatever reason doesn't quite impress me in the same way. Not sure why.

I’m in the same boat. I’m not sure if it’s the model itself or because it feels like a cut and paste job - he’s an commissar, but Chaos, because... reasons.

I suppose even the brightest can fall, but they could have made him look less commissar-y.

-Ran

ZIbfbQY.jpg L_T_4_2019_Medal.gif

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,274 posts
I enjoyed what I did play of BSF but haven’t played it a lot. So not sure I want to spend more on it right now when there’s other things coming soon I’d rather get. I do worry that the expansions will be short lived so I won’t get the chance to buy in the future.

Still, Ogryn looks great and the Commisar is nice too.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,136 posts
General feeling I'm afraid is meh. Not sufficiently tasty.
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Parweke

Parweke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 617 posts
  • Faction: Legio Atarus / Legio Mortis
amazing, that chogryn is brilliant. commisar is good but not great...
gallery_48988_10980_7442.pngdyD1Zxk.jpg
"As man fights man / In the epic struggle for survival / [/size][/font]The Warmaster shall reign / With oppression fed by a burning hate"(War Master by Bolt Thrower)

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,321 posts
The Ogryn is cool. The commissar isn’t great, has a bit of a mid 90s era model look to it.
  • N1SB likes this

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,857 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
I'm the first person to hope and pray for a full Traitor Guard/Lost and Damned army, but if anything, that these two are direct 'Traitors' - especially the Commissar - it makes me feel there's less chance of getting a full 'dex. With all they've tried to do to make the various Chaos Marine groups differ from "spiky loyalists" recently, I doubt they'd do the same for Lost and Damned. I hope I'm wrong.

Dark vengeance did have one with shotgun and commisar jacket, who knows really?

Maybe this one actually was commisar since he seems to have bolt pistol too.

The Dark Vengeance Commissar was an actual one as well if I remember right. He joined the traitors to save his own hide, but as punishment for being a Commissar in the first place they sowed his coat to his skin.

Edited by Lord Marshal, 12 March 2019 - 08:53 PM.

• Marshal Loss likes this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,418 posts
Dulahan: Niche product has niche prices, unfortunately. I'm lucky enough to be able to afford such prices at the moment but can definitely appreciate it's not everyone's case. Which is why I'm hoping they release the models separately eventually!

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,134 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

I'm the first person to hope and pray for a full Traitor Guard/Lost and Damned army, but if anything, that these two are direct 'Traitors' - especially the Commissar - it makes me feel there's less chance of getting a full 'dex. With all they've tried to do to make the various Chaos Marine groups differ from "spiky loyalists" recently, I doubt they'd do the same for Lost and Damned. I hope I'm wrong.

Based on absolutely nothing but my gut, I think a Codex: LATD will come, but it's a while away. It makes sense for GW to test the waters and gauge excitement for a future LATD release by doing limited sculpts for something like BSF. All we can really do is tell GW we can to see more.

• Triszin and Master Commander Ajax like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Death Guard Warband: The Fourth Seal

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,452 posts
I can see the point of this to fill out the chaos guard, but it doesn’t have the excitement of the Ambull which made it easier to pay the huge DLC costs for it. Nor is it as exciting as the 4 new heroes are which I’m eagerly waiting for. So it’s not a definite purchase for me. If the price is lower than the Ambull that would shift my view.
  • Doctor Perils likes this

ShibeKing

ShibeKing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 317 posts

I think I'll pass on this one. I'm pretty happy with the Chaos stuff in the OG Blackstone. What I'd really like to see is a Freebootaz expansion and some Eldar stuff. Pirates vs Ninjas. Let's gooooooo.

• PiñaColada likes this

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,132 posts

I think I'll pass on this one. I'm pretty happy with the Chaos stuff in the OG Blackstone. What I'd really like to see is a Freebootaz expansion and some Eldar stuff. Pirates vs Ninjas. Let's gooooooo.

If that happens I might as well just reroute my paycheck directly to GW

• ShibeKing likes this

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,611 posts
I'm extremely excited for these! I hope this means more traitor guard or non - Astartes Chaos coming!

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,336 posts
All these expansions feel like stuff meant to come with the original box.
  • RedFox likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users