Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WHQ Blackstone Fortress: Traitor Command & Escalation

Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,027 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

The capitalised Slaves to Darkness bit certainly makes you wonder. That's the Chaos Undivided moniker in AoS, but seems likely to get merged with Everchosen eventually. 

What Lost and Damned units do we have now?

• Gellarpox Mutants
  • Traitor Guardsment
  • (New) Chaos Cultists
  • Negavolt Cultists
  • Rogue Psykers
  • Traitor Commissar
  • Traitor Ogryn

It's certainly forming a decent list and I've not even listed the individual Gellarpot units.

Warpsmiths could also be on that list; their entry in the CSM codex hints that not all of them are actual Space Marines, but Dark Mechanicus that have constructed a (mechanical?) body in the likeness of a Space Marine.

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Boytoy

Boytoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 245 posts
  • Faction: SW/DE/GSC/Chaos
A new non-astartes warpsmith model would be ace!

gallery_48988_10069_2782.png

Lay

Lay

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,087 posts
  • Faction: A̶l̶p̶h̶a̶ ̶L̶e̶g̶i̶o̶n̶

Forgeworld already has rules for a spikey Archmagos, the so called Hellwright. Right now only CSM can take one.

Edited by Lay, 03 June 2019 - 03:42 PM.

beefeb

beefeb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 330 posts
So wats happened to the commissar and ogryn? These were leaked seems like ages ago. Now theres another expansion been publicised but we are still waiting on this one?

Toomanyprojects

Toomanyprojects

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 466 posts
I spoke to the official warhammer 40k page - they indicated that Traitor command will be out in the not too distant future and that escalation was perhaps a little further off
  • Reyner likes this

++++ The Rusted - Nurgle Marines & Chaos Workbench ++++

++++ The Coalition - Imperial Army Workbench ++++

I made it, so I get to do anything I like with it yes.gif

beefeb

beefeb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 330 posts
Nice one, thanks for the update

Toomanyprojects

Toomanyprojects

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 466 posts
Only too happy. Did try and press for some specifics but they naturally couldn’t provide, so we shall have to wait and see.

I’ve finished the game now, want the expansions to come out so I have something to play!

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,978 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force
Traitor Command for preorder next weekend:

https://www.warhamme...resy-incarnate/
  • N1SB, Parweke and CaptainFrederickson like this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,460 posts

Mind that the article says the models "will initially only be available in this set", as in they're absolutely being released on their own later down the line.

Edited by DeadFingers, 30 June 2019 - 06:09 PM.

Azaiel

Azaiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch, Orks

Mind that the article says the models "will initially only be available in this set", as in they're absolutely being released on their own later down the line.

Noticed that too, maybe a traitor guard codex or somesuch in the future?

gallery_48988_15738_17267.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_13427.png

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,022 posts

Noticed that too, maybe a traitor guard codex or somesuch in the future?

Or a index: traitor gaurd/lost and damned in whitedwarf, which I see more likely.
banana

Kythnos

Kythnos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 928 posts
  • Faction: Stonebreakers

Prices sent to me:

You don't happen to have the price for Traitor Command as well, do you? It is sadly missing in the posted image.

Edited by Excessus, 01 July 2019 - 06:13 PM.
Humongous image

• TheMalius likes this

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,818 posts

Prices sent to me:

You don't happen to have the price for Traitor Command as well, do you? It is sadly missing in the posted image.

Sure:
Spoiler

Edited by Dam13n, 01 July 2019 - 07:30 PM.

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

El_Dicko

El_Dicko

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 425 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Space Marines and Demons
I’m torn, I have Blackstone, and i’d love to have this but honestly I think I could convert a cooler traitor commissar and ogryn. Maybe just buy the leftovers on eBay from someone who just wants the models.
  • Tipsy Techpriest likes this

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,940 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
I've taken the liberty of moving a few posts from the Chaos Knights thread to here.

Interesting to see the Advanced Arsenal and Endless Peril expansions!
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,940 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
An update from the Warhammer Community is up.
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Preliminary Bombardment

Preliminary Bombardment

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 213 posts
Up for pre order, far too expensive for 2 models IMO.
  • Felix Antipodes and OtherKharon like this

Kythnos

Kythnos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 928 posts
  • Faction: Stonebreakers

Up for pre order, far too expensive for 2 models IMO.

For just the models, definitely. However, if you distract about 30-40% for cards, tokens etc (this feels about accurate considering the prices for the new card packs) it is sadly in line with their regular prices for character models. Those are also expensive, of course.

I am more annoyed by the price/value relation compared to the BSF main game. You got so much more out of that set...

Preliminary Bombardment

Preliminary Bombardment

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 213 posts
Agreed, that box set was worth it for the models alone. If they'd chucked in some of the new cultists we saw a while back I may have been tempted.

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,418 posts
The thing that bothers me the most is that the Traitor Command expansion costs more than the Dreaded Ambull expansion despite being virtually the same in terms of content and value.

gallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_12339_7236.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,730 posts
Yep 30 to 40€ would be a Better pricing but i guess this box got into the recente price increase too
Pity cause It would be and interesting addon to a KillTeam of servants of the abyss
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

beefeb

beefeb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 330 posts
Ill be picking these up for definite.

Toomanyprojects

Toomanyprojects

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 466 posts
Same here, am playing a game at warhammer world this Sunday, so shall pick mine up there - May give the extra card bits a miss for the time being though.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users