Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chaos Space Marines: The Lord Discordant

• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,337 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion (Night Blades)
A big chaos hq that buffs daemon engines usefully and with good guns?

This has a high probability of being a plastic paperweight. It will be something just...stupid like only gw can do when it comes to chaos. Like a 4" move or more than 10 wounds so a diminishing profile and not protected by character rules, or a Lord of war or more than 200 points.
  • Juggernut, Lord Marshal and OgreOnAStick like this

"Our Turn" - Centurion Khârn.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,674 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

This guy will be good conversion fodder for a Dark Mech Lord on Abeyant

• Reyner likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,527 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

I already see this guy with 3 Deci's around him with the mortal wound options causing much anger around the world on the opposing side.

• Beams likes this
40kDGBanner

krakjen

krakjen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 253 posts

I already see this guy with 3 Deci's around him with the mortal wound options causing much anger around the world on the opposing side.

Would the Hit bonus from the Lord aura prevent to hurt itself with the Burning Petard when rolling a 1?

Khalan

Khalan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 173 posts

If it doesn't say unmodified then yes.

Edited by Khalan, 15 March 2019 - 07:24 PM.

adreal

adreal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 335 posts

Then forge world nerf it ;)
  • Bulwyf likes this

Kilofix

Kilofix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,185 posts
  • Faction: Radicals, Renegades & Heretics

Too bad Veterans of the Long War doesn’t help Vehicles.

There is Daemonforge though.
I was thinking being able to do 3x2+1= 7 damage per Maulerfiend Fist hit with VotLW and Daemons - Virulent Blessing on a Wound of 5+ would something spectacular but oh well, on a 6+ will have to do.

Edited by Kilofix, 15 March 2019 - 11:24 PM.

gallery_75122_9925_245.pnggallery_75122_9925_845.pnggallery_75122_9925_2931.pnggallery_75122_9925_34773.jpeggallery_75122_9925_17742.pnggallery_75122_9925_17937.pnggallery_75122_9925_15020.png
“Imperial counter-strike massacred on Isstvan Five. Vulkan and Corax missing. Ferrus Manus dead. Night Lords, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion and Word Bearers are with Horus Lupercal”

Cryptix

Cryptix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,252 posts
  • Faction: Dusk Raiders, Lords of Stone
If you're willing to give up Virulent blessing you can either take a Khorne Daemon warlord or a Tzeentch Daemon Psyker to get access to the reroll 1 to wound during the Fight phase for Khorne Daemons or +1 to wound for tzeentch.

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,129 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
I wonder what his stats will be? Im wondering if it'll be similar to a grey knights grandmaster dreadknight stat wise? And a similar price jump from ordinary grandmaster to in the dreadknight.

Gothical

Gothical

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,306 posts

I'm in love. Stunning model. Personally I might replace the proboscises with mechanical tendrils, will have to wait until the model is in my hands to decide on that.

Though I am a little worried that in a full Iron Warrior's scheme the details will be lost amongst the sheer quantity of metal!

Nah, no one takes a ship like the XIIth. Imagine being stuck in a space-bound tin can with only short hallways to set up firing points. It'd be like releasing a pack of PCP'ed up wolverines (the animals, not multiple Hugh Jackmans) into a locker room and blocking all the exits.

They aren't stuck inside a ship with you, you're trapped on a ship with them. 

However, the First Son and his Templar Brethren are who I'd bet on to defend that ship happy.png

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,587 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Looking again at the size of this thing I think its not impossible that its under 10 wounds. Its on a big base but the daemon engine's width is mostly in the legs and its not taller than its rider.

• Aztek likes this

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,933 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)

Though I am a little worried that in a full Iron Warrior's scheme the details will be lost amongst the sheer quantity of metal!

Iron within, brother!
Don't hesitate to use black and hazard stripes in your scheme (lots and lots of hazard stripes)
  • Gothical, Guzzlrr, Marshal Loss and 1 other like this
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Guiltysparc

Guiltysparc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,757 posts
I can't wait to see his full rules. I'm wondering how well he would work with my world eaters bikers. He would certainly be awesome as a world eater, but I don't have many demon engine models at the moment.
  • Doctor Perils likes this

gallery_92768_11583_3171.png                         gallery_92768_11583_2220.jpg

My Legio XII Project Log     

My Ultramarines Primaris Plog

My 40k World Eaters & Knights Showcase

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users