Necromunda Van Saar Gang

darkhoras

I would like to start Necromunda collection. We are planing to play some campains with my friends, so NO COMPETITIVE guys, only Narative based! 

I choose Van Saar gang. I found them the best gang in Necromunda from visual side. 

Here is my start:

3215cd91-2821-4b56-849c-ec4a5ea71443.jpg

All started from moment when I found only 9 bases in box, so GW send me set of 10 bases ;-) 

Regarding paint scheme, I found 2 possible patterns:

First one, Doom Slayer from DOOM 2016.

praetor_suit___the_good_life_by_telemusc

Seconda one, PanOceania from Infity:

d9c34a47245fbf9f57d45b2fb43557e5.jpg

Can't decibe which one is better. 

Potential Gang name: Doom Slayers

Why? I saw Van Saar gang as persons, who search Hive City for some scums and mutants and exterminate them. While they don't kill "enemies" they look for ancient artefacts which can help in their mission. They are already almost dead and they will take with them lot of scums! 

For ganger name I am thinking of searching web for some Daemon names and select them as ganger names. 

More photos will be published during process ;-)  

Darkhoras, my vote would be for the first colour scheme - Doom. While PanOceania looks great in Infinity, I think it's a bit too clean and bright for the Underhive.

Good luck with the painting and keep us posted on your progress.

-Ran

• 3 months later...

Looking good so far man not gonna lie slightly sad they aren't in DoomGuy green but still a good scheme, I like the bases what have you used on them?

Very nice start. I've had a box of these on my shelf since release, they seem like a nightmare to build!

I love them but they are the most tedious plastic games workshop kit I have ever built :D

Very nice start. I've had a box of these on my shelf since release, they seem like a nightmare to build!

This is a nightmare. 

photo5811969296094572777.jpg?dl=0

Weapon part A has pin which connects it to Weaport part B. Shoulder has a magnet, so all arms are compatbile to each ganger :-) 

Looking good so far man not gonna lie slightly sad they aren't in DoomGuy green but still a good scheme, I like the bases what have you used on them?

I love them but they are the most tedious plastic games workshop kit I have ever built :biggrin.:

Yes, it is sad that this is not DoomGuy scheme, but I found that contrast colour is more interesting than green (I am thinking about Enforcers, maybe they will be painted into DoomGuy scheme)

Regarding bases, you don't believe, I follow Duncan's guide from Games Workshop (How to paint Necromunda Bases). 

Colours I use:

Primer: Vallejo Surface Primer 73.603 German Panzer Grey

Base: Vallejo 71.072 Gungrey + Citadel Gehenna's Gold

Wash: Citadel Nuln Oil (x2) + Devlan Mud

Drybrush: Citadel Mithril Silver

Oxide: Citadel Nihilakh Oxide

Rust: watered Citadel Vermin Brown

Edited by darkhoras

I like the colour scheme youvr chosen for these, I have a box of these sitting on my shelf also, and I kinda liked your idea about the infinity paint job on them with the bright blue, tempted to paint mine like that.

Looking forward to see any results! I also like Infinity scheme, but it is enought for me that I have PanO, which I paint in blue