A few questions about Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnoughts

Quixus

Besides looking cool is there  a reason to take more than one hellforged deathclaw?

What would you use for butcher cannons on a Contemptor? I don't see one on the FW site.

How would you model the soul burner in the deathfist/deathclaw?

Is the increased range the only reason why the twin autocannon is 15 pts more expensive than the butcher cannon?

Besides looking cool is there  a reason to take more than one hellforged deathclaw?

What would you use for butcher cannons on a Contemptor? I don't see one on the FW site.

How would you model the soul burner in the deathfist/deathclaw?

Is the increased range the only reason why the twin autocannon is 15 pts more expensive than the butcher cannon?

1: Dark Fury, it gets +1 Attack. So 5 Attacks (6 if World Eaters on a Charge, FAQ gave the FW Dreads the Helbrute keyword iirc) at Strength 14 is nothing to sneeze at.

2: You could kitbash them from the Butcher Cannons from the Decimator.

3: The Meltagun or Gravitron gun that Contemptor fists can have.

4: Probably :lol:

As for the Deathclaw, if you get 2 it's cheaper as it's 1.5X the cost and not full cost for the second circa the CA update.  Makes it economical. 

The Butcher cannon, no one's begrudged me the old Twin-linked autocannon yet.  I don't have anything else on a vehicle that it can be mistaken for, and the Leviathans Butcher Array looks remarkably similar and isn't a quad autocannon. 

Soul Burner, for me I've used the Graviton nozzles on my Not-Cortus Contemptor with dual claws. 

Autocannon ridiculous costliness, Forgeweirld is all.  Ain't no good reason why it's worse and so much more costly. 

1: Dark Fury, it gets +1 Attack. So 5 Attacks (6 if World Eaters on a Charge, FAQ gave the FW Dreads the Helbrute keyword iirc) at Strength 14 is nothing to sneeze at.

Dark Fury only requires two melee weapons, not two of the same melee weapon. So deathclaw/chainclaw would get the same result as chainclaw * 2 for a fraction of the cost.

As for the Deathclaw, if you get 2 it's cheaper as it's 1.5X the cost and not full cost for the second circa the CA update.  Makes it economical.

1.5 * the cost for zero benefit does not seem economical to me.

Butcher Cannon is a fancy twin-linked autocannon (I even checked with FW), so that's what you need to get :tu: Nothing stopping you kitbashing your own of course :) I think Dreads are best with a shooty and combat build for the versatility generally, but the Hellforged likes to eat models to regenerate health so having some form of combat capability is more important. Plus it's not something Sons are built for, so heavy hitting combat support (at WS2+) should be most welcome!

That's what I thought too. I am thinking of using two. One with two chainclaws/deathclaws, one with two butcher cannons, and magnetize all arms to have the option of two versatile dreads.

I would magnetise if you can, have your cake and eat it :biggrin.: I have a butcher/CCW Contemptor and have got a second for my Slaanesh Chaos due to how cool it looks and thanks to reliable performance on the table top. Once I finish more Sons models I will look to a Sons Contemptor for the same reasons, most likely armed the same. A shame you can't get lascannons as an option as I'd like some heavier AT but butcher cannons are pretty good and have some versatility :smile.:

Dark Fury only requires two melee weapons, not two of the same melee weapon. So deathclaw/chainclaw would get the same result as chainclaw * 2 for a fraction of the cost.

1.5 * the cost for zero benefit does not seem economical to me.

Cheap combi bolter, access to another hardpoint for a hellflamer/soul burner, and +1 attack for Dark Fury, two close Combat weapons.  It's also economic by definition as the least expensive close combat option  available.

Deathclaw+Chainclaw is almost 30 points more expensive as you get the cost cut by having two of the same weapons, otherwise you pay a premium (Double chain is, however, a decent option)

Butcher Cannon is a fancy twin-linked autocannon (I even checked with FW), so that's what you need to get :tu: Nothing stopping you kitbashing your own of course :) I think Dreads are best with a shooty and combat build for the versatility generally, but the Hellforged likes to eat models to regenerate health so having some form of combat capability is more important. Plus it's not something Sons are built for, so heavy hitting combat support (at WS2+) should be most welcome!

Yeah, I asked FW the same thing. They said officially the autocannons are Butcher cannons (and the storm cannons are Butcher arrays).

Archived