++ Scouring Era Crusade Log - Sigismund's Finest! ++

RedSarge

Everything got deleted when I tried to upload a photo.... wow... ok that KILLED any desire now. I had a nice post about my forces. What a terrible crappy thing to happen. I think the last time I made a P&M thread on the B&C was 2009!?

Since I'm now pretty ticked off that drag and drop a photo killed my entire post... let's try and get what I lost back.

- Scouring Era force

- Sigismund's loyal Imperial Fists tired of garrisoning and holding back the traitors and their daemon ilk.

- Not sure if Imperial Fists yellow will be included, but I do like the striking color.

- Still trying to recall what was deleted.

- Chained weapons and Teutonic elements will start appearing, with OOP 'but not old' Rogue Trader vehicles appearing as replacements.

20190313 211715kq

Templar Brethren [magnetized arm choices] The kit from Forgeworld is designed to be used with Mk3 Legion Despoilers [?] but I being a git, only ordered the conversion kit. So these are made with Prospero burns plastic Mk3 components.

20190313 211636lq

Pewter Sword Brethren [these guys will eventually replace all the Templar Brethren, tying them into a Post Heresy look will be interesting.

20190313 211544lq

A Blood and Skulls Industry Predator conversion, not sure if this will go to my Templars [see Space Sharks!]

20190313 211417lq

Predator Magnets , the sponson magnet is contained in BOTH sides of each weapon type, and only one magnet per sponson support arm. I can also swap the side armor for doors.

20190313 211159lq

20190313 211125lq

OOP Whirlwind and Dark Angel & Primaris for scale

I really like the early Whirlwind and I was lucky to get a NIB kit from Spain.

Brother Adelard: Thanks, yeah it works well with the Templars. I believe it was a 3rd Edition scheme that had yellow heavy weapons where I first seen it.

Hopefully, once I become an Initiate, I will feel worthy of designing my own custom signatures. I feel like a Neophyte again right now.

First off, welcome brother to the Eternal Crusade.

Scouring Era crusades are an open tapestry for us to explore and I look forward to seeing your efforts.

I too did a brief test of yellow <VMC Yellow Ochre> and our livery and think you will find that it can work for you.

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_7227/gallery_15184_7227_683487.jpg

I look forward to seeing your crusade develop.

Onwards brother!

Nice work, man! This is a cool project. 

Thanks. Yeah, I'm hoping to inspire more Templars!

Love the ww. I recently dug mine out of storage as well.

Biught it just before they werent allowed for us. Did see some good action in the guess the range era with hilarious effects when scattering.

I totally forgot Whirlwinds and Templars... *facepalm* lol I could have sworn their was one in the 4th Ed Codex at the back. Guess we can use them now.

First off, welcome brother to the Eternal Crusade.

Scouring Era crusades are an open tapestry for us to explore and I look forward to seeing your efforts.

I too did a brief test of yellow <VMC Yellow Ochre> and our livery and think you will find that it can work for you.

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_7227/gallery_15184_7227_683487.jpg

I look forward to seeing your crusade develop.

Onwards brother!

I'm looking forward to trying some yellow out, love Ochre Yellow. Still have my Tau Sept Ochre paint.

*facepalm* lol I could have sworn their was one in the 4th Ed Codex at the back. Guess we can use them now

You are correct, we had them before they were <lost in the armory somewhere> and now they have been returned to us so that we might rain the Emperor's Holy Wrath upon the vile, the weak, and the alien.

Wasn't there a fluff section in the codex that mentioned them? Directly contradicting the lack of them in the list!

The Donian crusade on the very last page (inside of the back cover in fact) lists the marshal's household as having one whirlwind in service.

I dont think I ever recall it being stated we didn't have whirlwinds in the same way its obviously stated we dont have witches... the former was just missing from the list.

Alas, I must get back to it. I spent all this weekend's hobby time.. building... a Hierodule! A pair in fact... I know Xenos scum!

So far, just have an artsy 'greyscaled' image of squad *pulls name out of hat* Odell.

LQG20190324 153014

Meanwhile, here's some lore I wrote for a few members of the Crusade, some specific details ]like ranks] subjec to change]

=== Brother Odell ===

His power-pack was destroyed fighting arachnids on Tiska-564, Brother Odell continued to fight in his unpowered battle plate for a further 16 hours.

Odell has been quoted as stating "My power-pack has been damaged brother? Hah! I never even noticed!" Odell received the Legionary Honours in recognition.

=== Brother Ulstas ===

Caught in a treacherous Xeno trap, the alien device known as a barrier-mine detonated across Ulstas battle plate below his midsection.

The resulting blast levelled the surrounding xeno-habs and farming constructs, killing several Legionary's. As the only survivor, Ulstas legs where severely maimed by the ordeal, requiring extensive bionics.

Ulstas has sworn to never show any remorse or trust towards any xenos ever again.

=== Brother Marshall Keitelmann ===

Designed to absorb the brunt of incoming enemy fire whilst in a firing stance, the pauldrons of Astartes battle plate are frequently replaced for repair.

The complex multi-layered curved shape of plasteel and ceramite started to become a luxury item during the Heresy. Rather then go with a nano-stud design, Centurion Keitalmann chose to upgrade to the newest Mk7 shoulder pauldrons.

Sleeker, and with a smaller profile. They provided almost the same level of protection as a Mk3 pauldron at a greatly reduced weight.

For Marshall Keitelmann, the reduced weight on the auto-reactive components of his Mk3 battle plate improved his combat reaction speed by point three seconds.

=== Brother Luther ===

A commonly replace component during the continues and intense fighting of the Scouring, is the Astartes Mk3 power-pack or power supply unit.

Though heavily armoured and robustly built, the bulky power-pack is not resistant to heavy weapon and anti-tank fire. Brother Luther and his Sword Brothers have not let a days rest since the siege of Terra

and the entombment of the Emperor in the Golden Throne. They have sworn to scour the traitors wherever they may lie. This relentless crusade leaves little time for complex repair work, like that of a Mk3 power supply unit.

When such components are damaged in battle, they are best replaced with one of the newer Mk5, Mk6 or Mk7 power-packs

=== Brother Kalidor === [close combat weapon]

Not much remains of Brother Kalidors original Mk3 battle plate.

The vambraces where destroyed fending off wave upon wave of savage feral Orks on Durkaskis 12. Both pauldrons required replacement shortly after when a gang of feral lootas ambushed his Crusader squad.

The power-pack was burnt out after 950 hours of continues fighting (around 40 days) and his helmet has been replaced so many times his Brothers joke that should he ever forget to grab a new one, he'd surely loose his head.

Despite the chastisement by his Brothers and Kalidor's reckless combat methods, He has been earmarked for promotion to the company's Champion.

=== Brother Nertos ===

Serving as a Breacher, Nertos and his fellow Breachers have been on the narrow receiving end of devastating enemy fire, in the closest confines imaginable.

Determined to hold onto his aged Breacher battle plate despite few elements remaining. Nertos has worked to attain a sixth sense for danger. Usually armed with the squads special weapon, often a meltagun.

Nertos puts upon himself to be the first to warn his Brothers of danger ahead, of course carrying an advanced auspex helps. !Know no fear!

=== Castellan Browder ===

A prodigy of the art of Pistol and Sword. Brother Castellan Browder has lead his fighting company on crusade for the last 100 years.

Ever stalwart, and ever seeking to purge traitors. Browder longs for the days of the great crusade, where humanity fought to cleanse the stars of Xenos and free the enslaved and enthralled of humanity.

Now, for the past century the only foe to die on his blade is man. It is a dire time, all the territory gained during the great crusade has to be retaken, liberated and fortified.

Even the Orks bide their time and do not attack whilst this nightmare scenario rages. The occasional tale reaches Castellan Browders Sword Brethren, a thought extinct Xenos raiding an Imperial outpost.

A rumoured Greenskin push, alas, these tales are but swirls in the ether. Whisps of smoke no more important than one candle amongst a thousand.

Castellan Browders attention must be to this crusade, to purging the traitors and restoring what should have been.

@Jud Cottrell: Hopefully it develops into at least 3000 points!

@Marshal Vespasian: I'm excited to be excited! :)

@Honda: Whirlwinds are so under-estimated by the locals here. I love the darn things!

@Reinhard: In which publication can I find such information, brother?

- I appreciate all the feedback, it's been too long since I got back one the best universes out there!

Archived