Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ultramarines Land Raider Achilles Alpha

Ultramarines Land Raider Achilles

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Cruor Vault

Cruor Vault

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 223 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines/Tau

After staring at it for months, I finally got up the courage to start my Achilles-Alpha for my Ultramarines.  So far it's just the base blues and whites done with a gloss coat to prepare it for decals. 

Tonight is decals and (hopefully) a pin wash!

CBh4kI0.jpg?1

kYUp46E.jpg?1

• Captain Caine 24th likes this

"You're a brave man robot...  But when I'm in charge, every mission is a suicide mission!"

MagicMan

MagicMan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,229 posts
  • Faction: Marines Errant

Awesome start. You use an airbrush for that?

gallery_48988_6285_1353.png

Cruor Vault

Cruor Vault

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 223 posts

Awesome start. You use an airbrush for that?

Yeah, Iwata Eclipse and Vallejo paints.

I did the pin wash and decals last night.  Went with 9th company markings since it feels like an appropriate vehicle to assign to the heavy weapons company.

WklSJ6P.jpg

nO88S7t.jpg

• Primarch83, Captain Caine 24th and Lasuria like this

"You're a brave man robot...  But when I'm in charge, every mission is a suicide mission!"

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,499 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
You're making good progress. I like the colors and the decals.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Cruor Vault

Cruor Vault

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 223 posts

The hull is mostly finished at this point.  Some highlights need to be added to the weapons after the wash dries, and a small amount of weathering will be applied to the treads.  Still need to paint the gunner.

gNeniW7.jpg

• Trokair, Raztalin, Brother Pheidias and 3 others like this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,667 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands

Really nice work so far, the white in particular has a nice tone.

That crew member is such a nice sculpt.

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,414 posts

Have you magnetized the Sponsons? Do you also have the Volkites?

Cruor Vault

Cruor Vault

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 223 posts

Have you magnetized the Sponsons? Do you also have the Volkites?

I did Magnetize the sponsons, and the Quad launcher.  I want to swap this between the Achilles and a Terminus Ultra.  Eventually I will get a Laser Destroyer off a Rapier carriage to represent the extra Lascannons.

I've got another Heresy Land Raider waiting to be assembled, that one will be souped up as Chronus' eventual ride.  I plan on using the Volkites as 'fancy archaeotech' weaponry counts-as Lascannons.  The Lascannons that came with this one are in the process of being cut down and magnetized.

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,414 posts

Nice. Looking forward to the finished article, understated Ultras do wonders!

Cruor Vault

Cruor Vault

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 223 posts

I finally finished it!  "Mostly"

f2DUlitl.jpg

DZ9GgHtl.jpg

• Doghouse, Azaiel and GreyRavenC like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,499 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work on the Land Raider Achilles.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ultramarines, Land Raider Achilles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users