Right Arm Redemptor Dreadnought

I did.

For the sake of making this easier to write I'll refer to the plate the fingers attach to as 'base plate'.

On my second Redemptor I

1. turned the lower arm armour 180° (just the pieces below the 'ellbow' joint)
  2. assembled the shoulder joint the other way around,
  3. cut off the 'thumb' armour from the lower arm,
  4. cut the whole base plate into pieces (like cutting a cake - ok, actually I just did some random cuts, but cutting the base plate like a cake and switching the pieces around will reduce the amount of putty required and make the end result look better),
  5. rearranged the pieces so the thumb goes on the other side,
  6. filled with putty to get a flat surface again,
  7. test fit the fingers to see which parts of the lower arm armour needed cutting,
  8. cut the lower arm armour,
  9. test fitted again,
  10. then attached the thumb armour again and
  11. glued the fingers in place,
  12. then fixed up holes in the lower arm armour with more putty.

Didn't attach the onslaught gatling yet, but switching the ammo supply to the other side should be a simple cut and re-attach operation with a little filling.

Also, I still have to go and cut/scrape the putty added to the base plate to model the cog/tooth pattern on the outer rim of the plate.

Overall the conversion was not easy, but certainly doable. Some of the cuts required are rather hard to do - lots of rounded surfaces make this rather tricky.

Alas, no pictures.

If you want two power fists, you could mold and cast the arm parts and perform the conversion on the cast to preserve the original arm.

Update: I got someone at the FLGS to take some pictures for me.

So, here's one of my Redemptors posing with both fists:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/255373-wip-dual-fist-redemptor/

The yellow stuff is milliput yellow/gray and the white stuff is milliput white/fine.

Except for the legs which got some polystyrol profile extensions.

edit:

clarified some steps

edit2:

Added link to picture.

I did.

For the sake of making this easier to write I'll refer to the plate the fingers attach to as 'base plate'.

On my second Redemptor I

• turned the lower arm armour 180° (just the pieces below the 'ellbow' joint)
  • assembled the shoulder joint the other way around,
  • cut off the 'thumb' armour from the lower arm,
  • cut the whole base plate into pieces (like cutting a cake - ok, actually I just did some random cuts, but cutting the base plate like a cake and switching the pieces around will reduce the amount of putty required and make the end result look better),
  • rearranged the pieces so the thumb goes on the other side,
  • filled with putty to get a flat surface again,
  • test fit the fingers to see which parts of the lower arm armour needed cutting,
  • cut the lower arm armour,
  • test fitted again,
  • then attached the thumb armour again and
  • glued the fingers in place,
  • then fixed up holes in the lower arm armour with more putty.
Didn't attach the onslaught gatling yet, but switching the ammo supply to the other side should be a simple cut and re-attach operation with a little filling.

Also, I still have to go and cut/scrape the putty added to the base plate to model the cog/tooth pattern on the outer rim of the plate.

Overall the conversion was not easy, but certainly doable. Some of the cuts required are rather hard to do - lots of rounded surfaces make this rather tricky.

Alas, no pictures.

If you want two power fists, you could mold and cast the arm parts and perform the conversion on the cast to preserve the original arm.

Update: I got someone at the FLGS to take some pictures for me.

So, here's one of my Redemptors posing with both fists:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/255373-wip-dual-fist-redemptor/

The yellow stuff is milliput yellow/gray and the white stuff is milliput white/fine.

Except for the legs which got some polystyrol profile extensions.

edit:

clarified some steps

edit2:

Added link to picture.

I greatly appreciate this and it is very detailed. Thank you so much. I will be utilizing this when i get the project started.

Archived