Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Corlesian Cataphracts - Plog

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Expendable_Aquanaut

Expendable_Aquanaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 86 posts
Yeah bullgryns are pretty excellent. If I'm taking crusaders though I usually run a 5 man squad because I only have five of them converted. Haha it also fits with the number of guys in a scion squad, which is pleasing from a fluff/OCD viewpoint. The 5 man squad usually tanks a pretty good amount of damage although they can struggle to kill much after the first round of combat when their re-rolls wear off. That said, I usually just throw them at something big and scary and hope for the best. Ive been pleasantly surprised so far. Being able to bring back a model with acts of faith is a nice benefit too. That's kept them going more than once.

I've taken them with a priest for another attack each but unless the priest is buffing more than just their squad I find he isn't really worth it. For the points you could just take more crusaders. Maybe if you maxed out the squad size he would be a good choice. I think maybe an astropath with psychic barrier for a 2up invuln would be a better support character either way though. Unless you're planning on using that power elsewhere.

ScionOfCorlesia

ScionOfCorlesia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 41 posts

gallery_152850_15325_37883.jpg

Tempestor Craw and the Scions of Striketeam IX AKA 'The Bloody Nine' are grav dropped into an Industrial area of southern Corlesia as a reactionary operation following an outbreak of Luther Pattern Excavation Automata's commonly referred to as Ambot's. Striketeam IX recieve primary orders to retrieve the Installation Executive. Before retrieving their target, Auspex scanners announced an Ambot's presence before it's mechanical limbs whirred into ear range. Tempestor Craw recieved the order every Tempestor dreams of hearing.. "Elimination Protocol.. Sanctioned."

Messing around with some Narrative games using the Killteam ruleset and some homebrewing. Completely fell in love with the Ambot model when it was released despite not playing Necromunda. Alittle homebrewing, and she had a dangerous looking dataslate for use within the system.

• WarriorFish, librisrouge, walter h and 4 others like this

ScionOfCorlesia

ScionOfCorlesia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 41 posts

gallery_152850_15325_586074.jpg

Strike Team IX aka 'The Bloody Nine' prepare to breach Habitation Facility 'Blooming Orchard' in a Hivesprawl of lower Corlesia. Heresy is never to be accepted, but following the planet damaging events of the Night of a Thousand Rebellions and the increased Inquisitorial control within the planets governance any hint of deceit against the Imperium is swiftly dealt with..

So it's been awhile since my last upload where I mentioned getting into more Narrative driven games. Safe to say, we found alot of enjoyment in doing that and haven't looked back. Oh and I also got married. But mostly I've been playing games, specifically Killteam with a few houserules stolen from other skirmish systems.

I'm currently working on a squad of Ratlings for 40k proper to field alongside my Tempestus, but killteam is my true focus lately. I hope to keep this thread updated with more cinematic photos of the coming games.

• Marshal Argos, WarriorFish, Bjorn Firewalker and 4 others like this

Expendable_Aquanaut

Expendable_Aquanaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 86 posts
Nice! I like the gritty, dirty look. Also the terrain is looking good. I like that a lot. The posters add a lived in look that really brings you in. Looking forward to seeing more. Did you scrqtchbuild the hab unit or is it a kit?

Also, good to hear your narrative games are going well. I've had a similar experience with them.

And I'm glad to hear that some ratlings will be making an appearance soon! I run ratlings with my scions often and always find them to be a fun choice. They're particularly good in cities of death where height advantage gives them an ap value and there's a stratagem that allows them to ignore cover. Pretty solid. One group of lucky rolls can really put a hurting on some tougher units.

Finally, congratulations on the nuptials! I hope that wont negatively impact your gaming time... Haha but seriously, congrats. Now you can guilt your partner into some games..?
  • ScionOfCorlesia likes this

ScionOfCorlesia

ScionOfCorlesia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 41 posts

Thank you for the kind words! Don't think there's any chance of her becoming a gamer anytime soon, probably for the best given the cost.

The terrain is all scratch built, mostly plasticard and PVC offcuts. It's mostly just a few corridors and a top down map at the moment (Think the Killteam Arena board and you're not far off) but turning everything into a 3d environment is my current main project. I'll be entering my local GW Everchosen open event with a 12" by 12" board using this sort of display so fingers crossed!

No cities of death for me I'm afraid, though I may have to look into it for that AP bonus. The Ratlings are primarily an idea to just annoy my opponents, especially the Harlequin player where the lack of AP doesn't make a difference.

• duz_ likes this

ScionOfCorlesia

ScionOfCorlesia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 41 posts

gallery_152850_15325_415711.jpg

Tempestor Prime Craw serving as apart of Inquisitor [REDACTED] person retinue.

Tempestor Prime Craw, formerly Volley Gunner then Tempestor of Strike Team IX of the Corlesian Cataphracts, was amongst two squads of Militarum Tempestus assigned to the flagship of Rogue Trader X'ian by request of Inquisitor [REDACTED]. The then Tempestor was personally requested by Rogue Trader X'ian to undertake several missions involving the mining planet of Desperation II, however things soon became clear that despite being in command officially the X'ian didn't hold the true seat of power aboard his own seat. Inquisitor [REDACTED] intervened, separated Craw from his squad and assigned him to operate amongst his own acolytes.

Tempestor Craw received his Hotshot Volley gun, and was assigned essentially as bodyguard to Commisar turned Inquisitorial Agent McKillen who had command of the Inquisitors ground operations. Desperation II turned out to be on the verge of a Genestealer Cult uprising, however thanks to the quick thinking of Craw, McKillen and an unknown Aeldari the planets higher echelons were kept under command of the Imperium and the planetary defence forces were backed up by several hundred thousand Imperial Guardsmen and women who arrived in time to keep Imperial losses to a satisfactory number, and the planet ultimately within control of the Imperium. Tempestor Craw was acknowledged for his services within the preceding events and given the jacket and title of Tempestor Prime, however was to remain as apart of Inquisitor [REDACTED] personal retinue, aswell as the squads of Militarum Tempestus under his command, until his duty is deemed complete.

Only in death does duty end.

So I can proudly say I managed to survive a Wrath and Glory campaign whilst stubbornly not progressing mechanically past the Tempestus Scion career. I just ended up with more upgrades than the Emperor himself would know what to do with, and proved that all you need to do to survive the 41st Millennium is a big gun and a bigger jacket. 

• WarriorFish, librisrouge, Bjorn Firewalker and 3 others like this

librisrouge

librisrouge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,504 posts
  • Faction: His Noble Inquisition

...proved that all you need to do to survive the 41st Millennium is a big gun and a bigger jacket.

Maybe a big hat of some kind (helmets count!) but yes. You’ve got advance 40k understanding here.

"Frak this, for my faith is a shield proof against your blandishments."

-Book of Cain - Chapter IV, Verse XXI

"I think you really need to be a guard player in order to have that kind of attitude about casualties. My forces were killed to a man for slight strategic gain? All I heard was a buzzing noise until that part about strategic gain."

-Ailarian, Hand of the Kind XXXI

http://thisisahelmet.blogspot.com/ - My Sometimes Update Blog

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg gallery_4664_11830_5080.jpg sml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_48988_10980_7442.png

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,814 posts
Haha I had similar experiences in W&G I enjoyed it though

I started as a commissar one game that was also very fun :D

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,055 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
The Tempestus Scion is well done.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

ScionOfCorlesia

ScionOfCorlesia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 41 posts

gallery_152850_15325_1635147.jpg

3.. 2.. 1.. Breach! A melta blast disintegrates the metal habitation block door in little more than a hiss and the Tempestus Scions of Strike team IX burst through before the hostiles can react. One hostile has a handful of explosives grasped between each of his hands, a face familiar to Tempestor Craw as that of 'Boomstick Larry' . A man of impenetrable fearlessness, according to local PDF data-logs. Impenetrable to fear, maybe, but not to a Hotshot Lasgun set to Rapid.

Working on the final touches for my entry into the Everchosen open category. I'll be dropping this display off at my local GW tomorrow after work, so I probably ought be finishing it off rather than typing this up.. Oops.. It justs fits within the 12" by 12" limits of the open, and will be apart of my next killteam board.  I'll post some full pictures once it's fully complete and displayed. Wish my luck, commanders.

Edited by ScionOfCorlesia, 25 July 2019 - 06:31 PM.

• WarriorFish, robofish7591, duz_ and 1 other like this

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,814 posts

Looks awesome as it is!

Good luck with the entry I suspect you'll do well :tu:

ScionOfCorlesia

ScionOfCorlesia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 41 posts

gallery_152850_15325_18500.jpg

gallery_152850_15325_40770.jpg

Very proud to announce I took first place in the open at my local GW. Some tough competition too, however mine was the only one to take the size limits to their maximum. Going forward, I'll be working on another three tiles in a similiar style to create a 2' x 2' board for killteam.

• WarriorFish, Bjorn Firewalker and duz_ like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,055 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
That diorama looks great! Did your Scions blast a hole through the wall separating the two apartments, to move about without exposing themselves to enemy watchers/gunners outside?

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

WarriorFish

WarriorFish

++ PRÆFECT SOCIORUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,730 posts
  • Faction: Hunter Legion

Well done, that's a great result! :D

gallery_30308_9518_2534.pngETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_02.gETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gifgallery_30308_3239_3185.pnggallery_30308_9518_17558.pnggallery_30308_3239_193.pnggallery_30308_3239_17729.png
Painting Oaths Completed:
gallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_84.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gif
gallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gif
In the grim predictability of online 40k, there can be only Sun Tzu quotes

SM Cataphractii | IG Stormtroopers | CSM Dreadbrute | =][= Hospitaller | AM Armigers | DE [Repaint] | TSons Rubrics

librisrouge

librisrouge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,504 posts
  • Faction: His Noble Inquisition

Completely fell in love with the Ambot model when it was released despite not playing Necromunda. Alittle homebrewing, and she had a dangerous looking dataslate for use within the system.

I love that model too. I acquired six to use as bullgryns for my IG. Would you be wiling to share your homebrew rules with us?

"Frak this, for my faith is a shield proof against your blandishments."

-Book of Cain - Chapter IV, Verse XXI

"I think you really need to be a guard player in order to have that kind of attitude about casualties. My forces were killed to a man for slight strategic gain? All I heard was a buzzing noise until that part about strategic gain."

-Ailarian, Hand of the Kind XXXI

http://thisisahelmet.blogspot.com/ - My Sometimes Update Blog

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg gallery_4664_11830_5080.jpg sml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_48988_10980_7442.png

ScionOfCorlesia

ScionOfCorlesia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 41 posts

@Bjorn - Thank you. My headcannon had them disintegrate the door with a meltagun. The wrecked wall between the two rooms was done by the Cultists.

@Fish - Thanks mate, very happy to have taken gold. On to Armies on parade next!

@Libris - I'll have a look and see if I can find it. I tend to doodle things on a scrap of paper for a game, then lose said paper.

Edited by ScionOfCorlesia, 30 July 2019 - 08:15 PM.

• librisrouge likes this

Jud Cottrell

Jud Cottrell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,006 posts

Nothing new to add, the Diarama looks good!

I especially like the little posters!

It's touches like that, that really add to the story being told.

ScionOfCorlesia

ScionOfCorlesia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 41 posts

gallery_152850_15325_76463.jpg

Corlesian Cataphract forces deploy upon Desperation III under obligation to Inquisitior Greyson Reeve. Tempestor Prime Jacoby Brennan takes command of his Tempestus Taskforce, and overall control of all Imperial Navy and Astra Militarum forces within the operation.

gallery_152850_15325_520614.jpg

No 'witty' undertext for this one. I just fell inlove with the kit as soon as I saw it. I'm making my first five into Imperial Naval Security, you'll have to wait and see on the second five.

• WarriorFish, Bjorn Firewalker, robofish7591 and 3 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users