Corlesian Cataphracts - Plog

Yeah bullgryns are pretty excellent. If I'm taking crusaders though I usually run a 5 man squad because I only have five of them converted. Haha it also fits with the number of guys in a scion squad, which is pleasing from a fluff/OCD viewpoint. The 5 man squad usually tanks a pretty good amount of damage although they can struggle to kill much after the first round of combat when their re-rolls wear off. That said, I usually just throw them at something big and scary and hope for the best. Ive been pleasantly surprised so far. Being able to bring back a model with acts of faith is a nice benefit too. That's kept them going more than once.

I've taken them with a priest for another attack each but unless the priest is buffing more than just their squad I find he isn't really worth it. For the points you could just take more crusaders. Maybe if you maxed out the squad size he would be a good choice. I think maybe an astropath with psychic barrier for a 2up invuln would be a better support character either way though. Unless you're planning on using that power elsewhere.

gallery_152850_15325_37883.jpg

Tempestor Craw and the Scions of Striketeam IX AKA 'The Bloody Nine' are grav dropped into an Industrial area of southern Corlesia as a reactionary operation following an outbreak of Luther Pattern Excavation Automata's commonly referred to as Ambot's. Striketeam IX recieve primary orders to retrieve the Installation Executive. Before retrieving their target, Auspex scanners announced an Ambot's presence before it's mechanical limbs whirred into ear range. Tempestor Craw recieved the order every Tempestor dreams of hearing.. "Elimination Protocol.. Sanctioned."

Messing around with some Narrative games using the Killteam ruleset and some homebrewing. Completely fell in love with the Ambot model when it was released despite not playing Necromunda. Alittle homebrewing, and she had a dangerous looking dataslate for use within the system.

• 2 months later...

gallery_152850_15325_586074.jpg

Strike Team IX aka 'The Bloody Nine' prepare to breach Habitation Facility 'Blooming Orchard' in a Hivesprawl of lower Corlesia. Heresy is never to be accepted, but following the planet damaging events of the Night of a Thousand Rebellions and the increased Inquisitorial control within the planets governance any hint of deceit against the Imperium is swiftly dealt with..

So it's been awhile since my last upload where I mentioned getting into more Narrative driven games. Safe to say, we found alot of enjoyment in doing that and haven't looked back. Oh and I also got married. But mostly I've been playing games, specifically Killteam with a few houserules stolen from other skirmish systems.

I'm currently working on a squad of Ratlings for 40k proper to field alongside my Tempestus, but killteam is my true focus lately. I hope to keep this thread updated with more cinematic photos of the coming games.

Nice! I like the gritty, dirty look. Also the terrain is looking good. I like that a lot. The posters add a lived in look that really brings you in. Looking forward to seeing more. Did you scrqtchbuild the hab unit or is it a kit?

Also, good to hear your narrative games are going well. I've had a similar experience with them.

And I'm glad to hear that some ratlings will be making an appearance soon! I run ratlings with my scions often and always find them to be a fun choice. They're particularly good in cities of death where height advantage gives them an ap value and there's a stratagem that allows them to ignore cover. Pretty solid. One group of lucky rolls can really put a hurting on some tougher units.

Finally, congratulations on the nuptials! I hope that wont negatively impact your gaming time... Haha but seriously, congrats. Now you can guilt your partner into some games..?

Thank you for the kind words! Don't think there's any chance of her becoming a gamer anytime soon, probably for the best given the cost.

The terrain is all scratch built, mostly plasticard and PVC offcuts. It's mostly just a few corridors and a top down map at the moment (Think the Killteam Arena board and you're not far off) but turning everything into a 3d environment is my current main project. I'll be entering my local GW Everchosen open event with a 12" by 12" board using this sort of display so fingers crossed!

No cities of death for me I'm afraid, though I may have to look into it for that AP bonus. The Ratlings are primarily an idea to just annoy my opponents, especially the Harlequin player where the lack of AP doesn't make a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

gallery_152850_15325_415711.jpg

Tempestor Prime Craw serving as apart of Inquisitor [REDACTED] person retinue.

Tempestor Prime Craw, formerly Volley Gunner then Tempestor of Strike Team IX of the Corlesian Cataphracts, was amongst two squads of Militarum Tempestus assigned to the flagship of Rogue Trader X'ian by request of Inquisitor [REDACTED]. The then Tempestor was personally requested by Rogue Trader X'ian to undertake several missions involving the mining planet of Desperation II, however things soon became clear that despite being in command officially the X'ian didn't hold the true seat of power aboard his own seat. Inquisitor [REDACTED] intervened, separated Craw from his squad and assigned him to operate amongst his own acolytes.

Tempestor Craw received his Hotshot Volley gun, and was assigned essentially as bodyguard to Commisar turned Inquisitorial Agent McKillen who had command of the Inquisitors ground operations. Desperation II turned out to be on the verge of a Genestealer Cult uprising, however thanks to the quick thinking of Craw, McKillen and an unknown Aeldari the planets higher echelons were kept under command of the Imperium and the planetary defence forces were backed up by several hundred thousand Imperial Guardsmen and women who arrived in time to keep Imperial losses to a satisfactory number, and the planet ultimately within control of the Imperium. Tempestor Craw was acknowledged for his services within the preceding events and given the jacket and title of Tempestor Prime, however was to remain as apart of Inquisitor [REDACTED] personal retinue, aswell as the squads of Militarum Tempestus under his command, until his duty is deemed complete.

Only in death does duty end.

So I can proudly say I managed to survive a Wrath and Glory campaign whilst stubbornly not progressing mechanically past the Tempestus Scion career. I just ended up with more upgrades than the Emperor himself would know what to do with, and proved that all you need to do to survive the 41st Millennium is a big gun and a bigger jacket.

gallery_152850_15325_1635147.jpg

3.. 2.. 1.. Breach! A melta blast disintegrates the metal habitation block door in little more than a hiss and the Tempestus Scions of Strike team IX burst through before the hostiles can react. One hostile has a handful of explosives grasped between each of his hands, a face familiar to Tempestor Craw as that of 'Boomstick Larry' . A man of impenetrable fearlessness, according to local PDF data-logs. Impenetrable to fear, maybe, but not to a Hotshot Lasgun set to Rapid.

Working on the final touches for my entry into the Everchosen open category. I'll be dropping this display off at my local GW tomorrow after work, so I probably ought be finishing it off rather than typing this up.. Oops.. It justs fits within the 12" by 12" limits of the open, and will be apart of my next killteam board. I'll post some full pictures once it's fully complete and displayed. Wish my luck, commanders.

Edited by ScionOfCorlesia

gallery_152850_15325_18500.jpg

gallery_152850_15325_40770.jpg

Very proud to announce I took first place in the open at my local GW. Some tough competition too, however mine was the only one to take the size limits to their maximum. Going forward, I'll be working on another three tiles in a similiar style to create a 2' x 2' board for killteam.

Completely fell in love with the Ambot model when it was released despite not playing Necromunda. Alittle homebrewing, and she had a dangerous looking dataslate for use within the system.

I love that model too. I acquired six to use as bullgryns for my IG. Would you be wiling to share your homebrew rules with us?

@Bjorn - Thank you. My headcannon had them disintegrate the door with a meltagun. The wrecked wall between the two rooms was done by the Cultists.

@Fish - Thanks mate, very happy to have taken gold. On to Armies on parade next!

@Libris - I'll have a look and see if I can find it. I tend to doodle things on a scrap of paper for a game, then lose said paper.

• 2 weeks later...

gallery_152850_15325_76463.jpg

Corlesian Cataphract forces deploy upon Desperation III under obligation to Inquisitior Greyson Reeve. Tempestor Prime Jacoby Brennan takes command of his Tempestus Taskforce, and overall control of all Imperial Navy and Astra Militarum forces within the operation.

gallery_152850_15325_520614.jpg

No 'witty' undertext for this one. I just fell inlove with the kit as soon as I saw it. I'm making my first five into Imperial Naval Security, you'll have to wait and see on the second five.

• 2 weeks later...

gallery_152850_15325_347757.jpg

Five members of the Crusader House of Corlesia alongside a Ministorum Priest who serves as their spiritual and physical guide.

So.. The other reason I picked up that Enforcer box.. I'm pretty happy with them, but not 100% on the paint scheme. This method should keep the more notably different from my previous Crusader conversion (And cheaper... which is always good.)

C&C welcome as always.

• 1 month later...

Greetings Commanders..

Let me start with my excuses. It's been a busy couple months as I've swapped jobs and regained a social life which I've been taking full advantage of so the Plogs/Hobby has taken abit of a hit but we're back!

First up here's a photo of my Armies on Parade entry. Managed to take home the Monsters and Machines certificate but didn't place well enough for a medal. Oh well, always next year. I've had some issues uploading these images, so beware if they're lower quality.

gallery_152850_15325_166050.jpg

Next up is something that's really caught my eye.. Aeronautica Imperialis.

I've had my eye on the Imperial Naval models for years, but don't play enough games or have to space to pick up a Thunderbolt or Marauder, but in smaller scale? I'm sold.

I've managed to get my hands on some old Epic Imperial guard off a friend whose also got Eldar bits. So we've been including these into our games with a few house rules. Anyway, he's a slightly edited photo from a game a few weeks ago. Bombing run over some Eldar Grav Tanks? Praise the Emperor!

gallery_152850_15325_31623.jpg

• 5 months later...

Well, it's been awhile since I've updated this. Emperor forgive me. I've alittle more time on my hands with current affairs, so perfect time for an update I'd say. The Corlesian Cataphracts have been very busy indeed. Engaging with Orks, Eldar and falsely accused Imperial Citizenry Traitor Militia.

gallery_152850_15325_208061.jpg

Tempestus Scion of the 5th Corlesian Cataphracts engage in a dangerous cityfight against the green tide of foul Xenos.

gallery_152850_15325_25913.jpg

Dropped deep into the heart of the conflict with support of their Valkyrie Assault Carriers, Tempestus squads rush to engage with Xenos elite forces before the lines of the Astra Militarum can be over run. Using their famed Hit and Run assaults, the Tempetus quickly disappear amongst the rubble of the cities capital between attacks whilst Valkyries and other Imperial Naval assets provide support.

gallery_152850_15325_49722.jpg

The Aeldari forces flee before the combined forces of the Imperium, but the Scions of the 5th Corlesian Cataphracts persist in their commanders inducted orders. Suffer not the Xenos to live.

gallery_152850_15325_387984.jpg

Not all Scions of the 5th Corlesian Cataphracts are fortunate enough to be deployed into the thickest of warzones against the filthiest of Xenos scum. Some are deployed to conflicts closer to home. The Habitiation Facility of 'Orchard Bloom' had been reported to Inquisitorial Intelligence and following the attack upon the Facility governor and the deaths of his security forces, the Tempestus were deployed to put an end to these filth. It was later discovered that these inhabitants were the victims of the Governors chaos-inspired mutations, and the Governor himself was put to death under Inquisitorial warrant.

Good to see you back in the barracks :tu:

We can discuss suitable attoinment for your AWOL later :D

Army and display board looks great

AI models are great I have a plog in the AI section too but am yet to play a game... :ermm:

Do you have anything on the painting queue lined up?