Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Siege of Terra Begins

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

Emperor's Furor

Emperor's Furor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,972 posts

BLreleases-Mar16-Share9pa-1.jpg

Tomorrow, thirteen years of the Horus Heresy series will meet their culmination in The Solar War – the first in an 8-volume megaseries that’ll bring the story to its epic climax. We’re letting you know about this one early, as it’s expected to sell out incredibly fast.

The Solar War, by John French, details the first stage of this epoch-defining battle as fleets clash in the void of the Sol System. Horus’ armada is huge, his treacherous forces bolstered by the powers of the warp – but Rogal Dorn has had close to a decade to prepare the Throneworld’s defences. The various spheres of defiance within the system hold more than a few surprises for the invaders – and the Imperial Fists themselves relish the chance to finally get to grips with their erstwhile brothers.

This limited edition is more than just your first chance to read this incredible story. It’s an opportunity to add a stunning artefact to your bookshelves. From the exterior design, which will be echoed across future limited editions in the series, to the extravagant interior artwork – including character portraits, black-and-white illustrations and full-colour studies of a number of primarchs – the book is a true collector’s item. It also includes a detailed afterword by author John French talking about the process of writing the book, and the series, in unparalleled detail.

BLreleases-Mar16-SolarWarLtdEdn1jw.jpg

BLreleases-Mar16-SolarWarLtdEdn2td.jpg

BLreleases-Mar16-SolarWarLtdEdn360ga.gif

There are just 2,500 copies of The Solar War Limited Edition available – and they’re not likely to last long, so don’t miss out on your chance to order this piece of Horus Heresy history. It’ll be available on the Black Library website from 10am GMT, and on the Games Workshop website at different times depending on where you are in the world.

UK: 10am GMT
US & Canada: 10am PDT
New Zealand: 10am NZT
Australia and Japan: 10am AWT
Rest of the World: 10am GMT

https://www.warhamme...bL8UfwgsyamWLbY

Edited by Emperor's Furor, 16 March 2019 - 03:50 AM.

• Cactus, Brother Lunkhead, Excessus and 1 other like this

L_T_Banner_V2.jpggallery_48988_6285_17537.png

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

The LE looks nice but nothing I'd pay extra money for. It's how the books should look like in the first place imo.

• mithrilforge, RedFox, Sete and 3 others like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Luna707

Luna707

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 906 posts

I might have to get that, it's beautiful

gallery_84811_11476_9558.jpg

Check out my truescale marines!

http://www.bolterand...on-hands-blog/

Ranulf

Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,029 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka, House Orlock
I’m hoping to get a LE copy.

Of course that’ll mean getting seven more LE books as they’re released.

My wallet is writhing in pain at the thought.

-Ran

ZIbfbQY.jpg L_T_4_2019_Medal.gif

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,429 posts

There's someone out there who's going to try and get all eight LE books but they're gonna miss out on one, and I preemptively feel bad for that person.

• Azaiel, Master Commander Ajax, Antarius and 6 others like this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,069 posts

There's someone out there who's going to try and get all eight LE books but they're gonna miss out on one, and I preemptively feel bad for that person.

Don't cry for me, I'm already dead.

Heresy event I'm going to tomorrow is going to have a break so people can buy this 😂

Ranulf

Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,029 posts

Yup, then I’ll be at the mercy of the eBay scalpers with their extreme levels of ridiculousness.

-Ran

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

"The Solar War – the first in an 8-volume megaseries..."

I will wait for the end of the series to buy the whole set.

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Wow, that looks gorgeous!

• Master Commander Ajax likes this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,840 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

Real tempted, but I dont think I care to lock myself into 'expensive version' for the series, when there are almost certainly to be a few duds. 

• Scammel and D3L like this

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,812 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

I'll be purchasing the limited editions for the authors I like (French, Wraight, ADB) and not bothering to get the full set, because I know this way I won't be disappointed. If I bought a limited edition for something Gav Thorpe wrote it would sit on the shelf forever after I'd read it once. This way I know they'll be getting use.

Anyway, super keen.

• Ranulf, Bung, fire golem and 1 other like this

rCsoqE7.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Ranulf

Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,029 posts
I’d buy a LE book by Gav Thorpe in order to complete the series, but I’d feel dirty afterwards.

The kind of dirty that doesn’t wash off.

-Ran
  • Marshal Loss, Bung, Gederas and 1 other like this

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 662 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
I like the limited edition but if I bought in now I’d have to buy the next seven.

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,337 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion (Night Blades)
Wow they are going for maximum money on something with a foregone conclusion. Is there anybody out there who is on the edge of their seats wondering how it ends? Unless they do a Star Trek Discovery...Rocks fall most people die.

So how much for the ah, basic ebook, not collectable ones?

"Our Turn" - Centurion Khârn.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I'm actually looking forward to the end. Mostly for the details how exactly things happen.

• Antarius likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 790 posts
It would be nice if they said how much it is.

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,808 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade

Looks like a nice edition but I expect it to run out of stock right away, might buy it if there's some left and if the price isnt too absurd.

++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 809 posts
If I'm lucky I might be able to buy one, if not I save at least 400$ CAD and still get HC normal editions...illogical!

Ranulf

Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,029 posts

Australian GW site is now taking pre-orders, mine is in. biggrin.png

RP was $100 AUD.

Seven more to go. ermm.gif

Wow they are going for maximum money on something with a foregone conclusion. Is there anybody out there who is on the edge of their seats wondering how it ends? Unless they do a Star Trek Discovery...Rocks fall most people die.

The logic (nostalgia) for me?

It's been nearly 30 years since I saw this piece of artwork as a boy:

Horus-vs-the-Emperor-1990-1200x800.jpg

I'd previously been pulled in by the Rogue Trader rulebook, but it was that image that confirmed my enduring love of the 40K universe - The Emperor vs Horus, fighting for the rulership and future of mankind during the battle for Terra.

Until now it has only been described by reference and by background text, never through the eyes of the actors themselves.

I've been waiting 30 years.

That's a bit special; that's why I'm shelling out for the fancy books.

-Ran

• Dracos, Huggtand, Marshal Loss and 4 others like this

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,946 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

So how much for the ah, basic ebook, not collectable ones?

Wasnt it already stated that this would reveal the true story of the HH. Sanguinis defending the gate by himself and his selfless sacrifice are heavily entrenched in imperial propaganda. Russ already made a hole in Abaddon armor and psyche, which was the big thing that Sanguinis did. Plus there is the ever debatable, "did the guardsmen show up or not?".

I don't want them to take away Sanguinis and the BA big moment, but they must change it.
  • Panzer likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

Commissar Ibram Gaunt

Commissar Ibram Gaunt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 296 posts
What a joke. They give no date but say order tomorrow...it's sold out in Australia already. And why is it on GW main site and not black library.....

Edited by Commissar Ibram Gaunt, 16 March 2019 - 02:47 AM.

• RedFox likes this

Ranulf

Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,029 posts

Lucky I was on point - it sold out in Aus in just over an hour. ermm.gif

What a joke. They give no date but say order tomorrow...it's sold out in Australia already. And why is it on GW main site and not black library.....

From the release article:

It’ll be available on the Black Library website from 10am GMT, and on the Games Workshop website at different times depending on where you are in the world.

UK: 10am GMT
US & Canada: 10am PDT
New Zealand: 10am NZT
Australia and Japan: 10am AWT
Rest of the World: 10am GMT

If you're keen I'd be waiting on the Black Library website at 10am GMT - six and a half hours from now.

-Ran

Gongsun Zan

Gongsun Zan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 86 posts

The books are going up on both sites  - its been common practice for quite a while. You still have a chance when the BL opens at 10am GMT. 

As for me, I couldn't stand the uncertainty so I decided to get my copy from the Japan store. If you really wanted the book there are plenty of services in Asia that re-ships parcels to your location for an extra delivery fee. 

1000 Sons

1000 Sons

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 850 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons
All I care about is what the Thousand Sons do when they land on Terra, Khârn fighting his way to breech the walls, and Garro meeting up with Mortarion.

ndKfPF6.jpg AiT9Upe.jpg

Emperor's Furor

Emperor's Furor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,972 posts

I can't decide if I should try to get this, I've not been playing at all lately but the Horus Heresy has been with me since I was young but I'm unsure whether to try get this limited edition one or wait for normal.

L_T_Banner_V2.jpggallery_48988_6285_17537.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users