Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Siege of Terra Begins

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

Gordon Shumway

Gordon Shumway

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 266 posts
I wonder who is going to be the lucky author who gets to write the final book/ultimate dual?
Untitled_zps417f1393.png

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,690 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

I wonder who is going to be the lucky author who gets to write the final book/ultimate dual?

Dan Abnett.

• Jarl Caldersson likes this

rCsoqE7.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,946 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

I'll be purchasing the limited editions for the authors I like (French, Wraight, ADB) and not bothering to get the full set, because I know this way I won't be disappointed. If I bought a limited edition for something Gav Thorpe wrote it would sit on the shelf forever after I'd read it once. This way I know they'll be getting use.

Anyway, super keen.

I hate classifying authors sometimes. Thorpe knocked it out of the park with The Primarchs: Lorgar. However Wraight really let me down in The Primarchs: Leman Russ. Same series, same level of characters (primarchs), however the one that people complain about did better than the one people praise.

That isn't to say Wraight is a bad author, or Thorpe is a great one. I think that sometimes if there is a story you like, sometimes you have to give the author the chance. That's just me though, I am sure many others can refute my position and have many example to disprove me.
  • Huggtand, Antarius and Panzer like this
sml_gallery_69091_12729_6611.jpggallery_4664_11830_1029.jpeg
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

Antarius

Antarius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 966 posts

Dan Abnett.
Yeah, I think you're right. As much as I like Abnett, I keep hoping it will be AD-B, but who am I kidding?
  • Marshal Loss and Panzer like this

"The Bolter is the truth. It is the gift given to us by the Emperor for our valour. With it we are whole. Without it we are diminished." - Book of Aphael, verse 42.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,690 posts

Dan Abnett.
Yeah, I think you're right. As much as I like Abnett, I keep hoping it will be AD-B, but who am I kidding?

I'm pretty sure it has been confirmed, although I can't remember where I saw it. But yeah I agree, ADB is the only author I would have 100% trusted to do it justice. I'm sure we'll get a spectacular book from him regardless.

rCsoqE7.png

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,229 posts
So do they just assign a number per territory or something? Or can NZ buy them all?

Just curious really, I’m only going to get the ebook.

I hope there’s a catch up preface as I stopped collecting the HH novels when they changed the formats and started doing a billion novellas. Only read Master of Mankind and Titandeath since (although just picked up the humble bundle so got some new ones to read now)

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,690 posts

So do they just assign a number per territory or something? Or can NZ buy them all?

A set number per territory, with Black Library keeping a certain amount that anybody anywhere in the world can order.

• Burni likes this

rCsoqE7.png

Cyrox

Cyrox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,124 posts

Dan Abnett.

It better not be.

I don't want to read about the the ultimate climatic duel between the Emperor and Horus, through the eyes of a junior mechanic from the bowels of the ship who's just trying to survive.

Thats that kind of thing he'd do laugh.png

Edited by Cyrox, 16 March 2019 - 09:23 AM.

"I remember when Ragnar Blackmane had blond hair and this was aaaallll fields....."

gallery_60566_6038_4617.gif tn_gallery_60566_6038_42067.jpg gallery_60566_6038_1993.gif

Shovellovin

Shovellovin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 292 posts

Dan Abnett.

I'm pretty sure it has been confirmed, although I can't remember where I saw it. But yeah I agree, ADB is the only author I would have 100% trusted to do it justice. I'm sure we'll get a spectacular book from him regardless.

ADB posted on Reddit (in r/40KLore) that Abnett is writing the last book:
“And no I’m not the last book. I would have said Nope to it unless Dan was dead, and I’d have physically assaulted anyone not called Dan who tried to write it instead.”

dienekes96

dienekes96

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 285 posts
  • Faction: 13th Company - Modi's Warpack
BL’s website is already a sluggish mess. It’ll be Aurelian all over again.

justicarius6

justicarius6

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 228 posts

Dan Abnett.

ADB posted on Reddit (in r/40KLore) that Abnett is writing the last book:
“And no I’m not the last book. I would have said Nope to it unless Dan was dead, and I’d have physically assaulted anyone not called Dan who tried to write it instead.”

Thank the emperor for that.

Now at least the final book in the series telling the tale of the last gasp victory of the Imperium over chaos will be more than just an Abaddon fanfic with some spiteful characterisations of the Imperial heroes begrudgingly thrown in.
  • Huggtand and Leif Bearclaw like this

Brother Dimetrius

Brother Dimetrius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 143 posts

BL site is super slow and loading like a 1995 HTML page for the moment...

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,726 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
Considering the mark up on Limited Editions I'd not be surprised if they produced more for the following books if they sell out instantaneously.
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,221 posts
I ordered it off the normal GW site (UK) in the preorder section just now, go there if you are having trouble with the BL site.

dienekes96

dienekes96

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 285 posts
Can’t. I in the U.S. :(

Brother Dimetrius

Brother Dimetrius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 143 posts

Did the same, BL site is dead. Went to GW site (BE) that was not yet updated on the main page, but it was under the pre-orders.

I've been waiting for this since 1998, time to splurge I guess :)

Hfran Morkai

Hfran Morkai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,472 posts
  • Faction: Space wolves
Yeah it went up early on the UK GW site.

And I stupidly ordered one...
QUOTE (A D-B @ Jan 10 2011, 12:45 PM)
THE CUSTODIANS AREN'T PSYCHIC OH MY GOD I HATE YOU MIKAL.

gallery_24878_5332_45982.jpg

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,791 posts
Tis on the normal gw site, £50

Good luck folks. (I'll wait for a cheaper read!)

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,627 posts
Sold out by 10:05am

gallery_48988_15094_3577.pnggallery_48988_15094_2023.pnggallery_48988_15094_1196.pnggallery_48988_15094_7762.pnggallery_48988_15094_8206.pnggallery_48988_15094_7830.pnggallery_48988_15094_4892.png

'Show me one who mocks the Harlequins as Clowns, and I shall show you a corpse in the making'

- Autarch Antelyth Thyllian Of Craftworld Saim-Hann.

Brother Dimetrius

Brother Dimetrius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 143 posts

And sold out on the GW (BE) site :)

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,879 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

Can’t. I in the U.S. :(

It’ll be up at 10am PDT for the US on the GW store.

dienekes96

dienekes96

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 285 posts
I’ll have to try that. BL server unavailable now.

matcap86

matcap86

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 196 posts
  • Faction: DA, Custo, Ad-mech, GsC, SoB

Damnit, got it in my cart and went, "gulp 70 euros for a book" and that was all the time it needed to sell out... Black library site wouldn't even load for me.

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 875 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
This popped up on the UK site around 9:55 for me. I got my order in, and I've just checked again - gone before 10:07. I do hope they do more for the next books.
I've got a couple of limited edition books for GW and while they are expensive they are gorgeous objects.

Also not sure if everyone's noticed but the BL section has a coming soon section now, the normal hardback version is listed as up for pre order on 11th May if you missed this one

Vogon

Vogon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 465 posts
  • Faction: XX Legion
Sold out online while I was halfway through paying.

Now to see how the eBay scalpers price it.

Now choose, either die in the vacuum of space or....
Tell me how good you thought my poem was.

L_T_Legion_20.jpg gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users