Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Most cost-effective Noise Marines?

Heretic Astartes Slaanesh Noise Marines Emperors Children

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 731 posts

What would be the most cost-effective units (money-wise) to base my Noise Marines off of, using GW's official upgrade packs for them? I'm wanting to run an Emperor's Children army with the repro classic Noise Marine as a Chaos Lord (maybe have the guitar as a combi-flamer counts-as, like Mad Max?) and decent amounts of Noise Marines decked out with sonic weapons ONLY. (I'm not actually expecting to get much in the way of Noise Marines up and running, because they're expensive points-wise, especially fully decked out with the best speaker system in the universe.) Maybe a Rhino or two for armor, but it'll be mostly Noise Marines. Also, I've read that it's actually legal to have a Noise Champion decked out with a Doom Siren, a Sonic Blaster and a combi-bolter all at once and shoot them all in one turn? Can someone confirm?

Edit: I wrote up a Noise Marine list (like, specifically Noise Marines) and I can fit 40 of them in with one Chaos Lord.

Edit again: Oh, dear lord, Noise Marine upgrades are expensive, especially in large amounts like that. Yeesh. Uh. Not sure if I'll be doing Noise Marines after all lol. Still curious to find the answer.

Edited by Brother Liborio, 16 March 2019 - 04:24 AM.

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

NovemberIX

NovemberIX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,011 posts
  • Faction: November Warriors

While it's not as varied as the GW upgrade set, Kromlech does a four pack of "sonic guns" https://bitsofwar.co...sonic-guns.html, combine with the old-style of chaos marine legs, torso, heads and packs that can be found cheap on eBay sooner than later and I'd say you're ready to rock pretty quickly and cheaply. I'm willing to bet if you used MKIII or MKIV stuff you might be able to go even cheaper, might make painting crazy patterns on the armor a little easier too.

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 731 posts

Perhaps. Thank you for responding!

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Heretic Astartes, Slaanesh, Noise Marines, Emperors Children

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users