Jet bike based army idea

Bigtimewizard

I'm looking at starting a new side project based around windriders, farseer/warlock skyrunners and harlequins.

I was thinking something along the lines of a harlequins battalion of a shadowseer and troupe master as the hqs. 3 5 player troupes as the troops, a solitare then around 8 or so skyweavers with haywire cannons, rounded off with 2 voidweavers with haywire and 2 shuriken cannons each. This totals just short of 1200 points. Have I wasted points here, have I been sensible or should I even increase what is in the main battalion?

For the craftworld I was thinking siam hann (although this probably depends on if I use scatter lasers or shuriken cannons on the jet bikes). I'm not entierly sure on how to arrange the detachments.

At least one farseer skyrunner if not two probably 1 or 2 warlocks on bikes. I was thinking either 2 units of 6 windriders or 3 units of 4, I can't decide on scatter lasers or shriken cannons. Finally depending on exactly how many points left there might be room for a unit of shinning spears.

Any comments would be appreciated. :)

EDIT biel tan looks interesting with reroll ones with shuriken weapons

If going bikes... then you want to look at a Saim Hann Autrach with the relic laser lance and (index) banshee mask, give him a 'body guard' unit of wind riders so he's not the closest unit for targeting purposes.

With the Scatter laser / Shuriken Canon debate...Id say go with 3 units of wind riders,  A unit of each of scatter lasers, shuriken canons & shruiken cats (the bodyguards)

Shining Spears are also a good choice in a Jetbike army. They hit hard and are very durable (by Eldar standards). Run them with the Autarch and they provide a decent bodyguard while benefitting from his aura of rerolls.

It is worth considering some Rangers too so you can run a Battalion rather an Outrider detachment. For 180 points you get an extra 4CPs (and Eldar are a stratagem-hungry army) as well as 3 units with ObjSec that can deploy from Reserves on Turn 2 or 3 to snag objectives.

Archived