Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Forge World Preview: Doom of Molech

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,716 posts

WarCom Article.

HHWeekender-Feb2-ATDoomofMolech11hc.jpg

Knight banners!

• CaptainFrederickson likes this

mkbKIlr.png

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,109 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion, XIII Legion

Awesome, I really want to see the new colour schemes for Legios Crucius, Fortidus, Vulcanum and Interfector! New maniples will be good too as long as one of them isn't the one we already got from White Dwarf :D

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,660 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

This is amazing. I can't wait to build up a full Household. 

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,221 posts

Hopefully accompanied by more knight models :D

• Reyner likes this

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,115 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

Forgeworld world still trucking. Great stuff.

Krash

Ad Victoriam

For those we cherish, we die in glory!

gallery_45765_12339_50558.png

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,180 posts

Hopefully accompanied by more knight models biggrin.png

Fingers crossed! Might just hold off my Vigilus order a week or two for this if we get a hint of its release date.

Let's see, so to get the knight range rounded out and make this a significant knight-themed expansion we'd want

• the questoris upgrade missile launchers - seems plausible (in resin?), something like them has appeared on the studio models so I'd be pretty surprised if these weren't dropped one friday in the next while
  • some other questoris upgrade kit - thunderfist, lascutter, maybe a House Devine whip/scourge thing
  • the other cerastus patterns - another plastic kit to parallel the lancers doesn't seem impossible
  • the Acastus Porphyrion - wasn't there some even last year where they said this wasn't underway? A two-knight plastic kit could make sense as these are nearly as big as a warhound
  • Armigers - seems unlikely, SG hasn't ruled them out but they'd be pretty small and they seem unwilling to go below questoris level, even in how weapons are differentiated
  • Dominus pattern knights - can't recall if there was mention of these
  • mechanicus knight kits - I think these were ruled out as largely aesthetic, at least for the chassis

Realistically I could see a missile launchers kit, more cerastus variants and maybe the Porphyrion appearing. I get the impression that SG and FW aren't really that interested in the GW armigers and dominus knights compared to "their own" FW designs.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,660 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
I’m sure we will get Dominus Knights eventually, they probably just weren’t ready for their release when they first came out

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,221 posts
I’m hoping at the very least for resin addon packs with missile pods and fists for regular knight, and the other weapon outfits for the cerastus knights!
  • shandwen likes this

caladancid

caladancid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 718 posts
Now we just need the web store to finally restock knight command terminals!

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,180 posts

I’m sure we will get Dominus Knights eventually, they probably just weren’t ready for their release when they first came out

Yeah if they have the CAD design from GW proper it should be perfectly doable and it does look like FW will have some 40k-scale armiger upgrade kits in the future. I don't think it's a turf thing, just that FW/SG seem to have been in the dark about GW's knight plans until release or shortly before, meaning they wouldn't have had the extended lead-in that the rest of the range appears to have enjoyed.

To be honest I'm not really a fan of the Dominus. They sit rather awkwardly in the design progression of armiger -> questoris -> cerastus -> acastus, coming off as an ungainly up-gunned questoris. Slotting into a knight force as a character could be interesting ruleswise - I guess the seneschal mentioned in the article - but I wouldn't be a in a rush to get one.

I'd buy an Acastus Porphyrion in a second though, resin or plastic. Armigers, even if they were two/three to a base, would also be adorable.

• Marshal Rohr likes this

Brother Dimetrius

Brother Dimetrius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 143 posts

Sweet.

Haven't gotten on the Titanicus train yet (painting backlog way to large...), but I have bought the rules & Titandeath as I'm a sucker for HH. Very big fan of the contents & production values. Price reasonable as well.

Will probably pick this up when it comes out.

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,229 posts
A must buy for me. Great stuff.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,690 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Very excited. Hopefully they preview the new Titan Legio schemes soon, as that's what I"m looking forward to the most.

• Marshal Rohr and LetsYouDown like this

rCsoqE7.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Amun Ra

Amun Ra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 94 posts

Very excited. Hopefully they preview the new Titan Legio schemes soon, as that's what I"m looking forward to the most.

Same, as I am struggling with a scheme. I would like to do Invictus based on fluff and as a fan of RG, but there is nothing on their scheme about and looks like there wont be for a while.
  • Marshal Loss likes this

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,452 posts
It might be aesthetic, but so are the multiple optional titan heads, shoulder plates, leg plates and car spaces. So I still want Mechanicus style knight heads. House Cydonia just won’t look right without them. A lot of people use those heads in 30k/40k so I’m sure I’m not the only one who needs them to properly have their Knight house brought over to this scale.

I don’t mind if we don’t see the Forgeworld design Mechanicus shoulders and carapaces etc till they bring out the Styria, Mageara & Atrapos which I’d assume will be resin.

shandwen

shandwen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,886 posts
  • Faction: It changes with the season

They have, they just never restock with enough of them to last more than a couple days. (im rather glad i managed to get some ordered on last Saturday)

Now in Technicolor!

caladancid

caladancid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 718 posts

They have, they just never restock with enough of them to last more than a couple days. (im rather glad i managed to get some ordered on last Saturday)

Last Saturday?! I swear I had the notification option clicked.

Maybe when they release the rest of the Cerastus options they will release a ton of the terminals.

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
As have I. In fact, I keep going on the site to check and each time it's not there I hit the notification button. I've got all these Cerastus and I have no way to field them.
  • caladancid likes this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users