Shadow Spear Testing

Prot

I have to echo the sentiment here I'm still assembling and painting my two boxes and it's looking likly I won't see a decent game until my Annual Pilgrimage to Warhammer world this year in a few weeks. By that time I'll have the full picture of what we're working with. Although I already have a decent idea of how I'm going to play.

I only got my box on Monday....assembly has been slow but steady for someone gone from the hobby as long as I have been. I'm still practicing all the little things you forget about like removing flash and mold lines. These are all I own so when ready I hope to just play some scenarios from the Shadowspear book to start with, and hopefully find someone to swap unwanted Primaris for more Chaos.

I've played a few games with the units.

The Obliterators have performed well.

The mop is good if you intend to advance on the table. I think a jump sorcerer is better if your deep striking and a regular sorcerer is better if your staying in your deployment zone.

The venomcrawler is okay. It has better synergy with the MoP than the other daemon engines. I don't think cursed earth is worth slowing down the maulerfiend. Forgefiends need to be stationary.

The greater possessed have been better than I anticipated. They benefit from being a lower priority target.

All in all I'm happy with them but they're not gonna beat top tier builds.

So far from what I've seen I'd agree with that.

I don't know how well this all synergizes with how I've been playing my Chaos which uses a lot of traditional units (Landraider(s), rhino's, Helbrutes, Raptors).

The build in the box obviously leans towards daemon units, and you can go all the way with that or split your force up. For example there's no real need for Abaddon with a MoP... IF you are using lots of Daemon units. In fact I'm finding Abe gets in the way a bit with his cost.

Archived