Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vanguard Librarian vs. Primaris Librarian

Primaris Shadowspear Librarian Adeptus Astartes Vanguard

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 204 posts

Like it says on the tin. Which one is better overall? Looks like the Vanguard has the same stats plus a camo cloak and Phobos keyword, but what's the point value on each, anyway? I don't actually have access to the Vanguard's points value.

= All our ignorances bring us closer to annihilation. =                         = Revere the Omnissiah, for it is the source of all power. =

My first real conversion, the ruinous Lord Rotpurge.                           Project: Steel of Ages, led by Fabricator-General Zephaniah Adriyen.

My Death Guard Warband, the list Lord Rotpurge is a part of.            The home system of the Crimson Knights.

My Astartes list, the Crimson Knights.                                                  "On Lord Leviathan, Fallen Knight of Ragnarus" - Zephaniah Adriyen

dice4thedicegod

dice4thedicegod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 148 posts
I plan on using the best of both worlds - running a vanguard librarian as a primaris librarian!
  • Zephaniah Adriyen likes this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,864 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal
Entirely depends on the rest of the list and what powers you plan to pick.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 204 posts

I plan on using the best of both worlds - running a vanguard librarian as a primaris librarian!

Exactly what I'll be doing if I find out the Vanguard isn't worth it.

Entirely depends on the rest of the list and what powers you plan to pick.

IF I run a Vanguard, I'll be running it with Tenebrous Curse and Mind Raid. If I run a Primaris, it'll be with Sanguinary Discipline powers The Blood Lance and Wings of Sanguinius. It'll be run with a decent amount of miscellaneous (non-Vanguard) Primaris infantry, a classic Dreadnought and a Captain in Gravis.

Edit: felt it prudent to mention that my current Astartes list does not contain any Vanguard as of yet, therefore rendering the first three Obscuration powers useless.

Edited by Brother Liborio, 19 March 2019 - 06:16 AM.

= All our ignorances bring us closer to annihilation. =                         = Revere the Omnissiah, for it is the source of all power. =

My first real conversion, the ruinous Lord Rotpurge.                           Project: Steel of Ages, led by Fabricator-General Zephaniah Adriyen.

My Death Guard Warband, the list Lord Rotpurge is a part of.            The home system of the Crimson Knights.

My Astartes list, the Crimson Knights.                                                  "On Lord Leviathan, Fallen Knight of Ragnarus" - Zephaniah Adriyen

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,864 posts
Blood Lance is crap imo and the Librarian doesn't hit as hard as a JP Captain so I'd say in that case the Vanguard Librarian is the better pick.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 204 posts

I still don't know the Vanguard's point value, what with the fact that I don't have access to Shadowspear's books at the moment.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,864 posts

Well it's normally not allowed to post point values to specific units etc here so I guess you'll have to look up some leaks or wait for battlescribe to update. ^^

Disclaimer:

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 204 posts

Ah, alright. When I'm actually capable of fielding it, I'll have access to the Shadowspear books anyway (I'm pretty much the only one who didn't pick them up and my friends tend to be chill about letting me borrow codices) so it's cool.

Edit: Yay for Battlescribe! I just picked it up today, and I swapped out the Lieutenants in my list for the Librarian (he was very fun to paint) just so I could field him, and he fits right in points-wise (at least with my modified Blood Angels only list).

Edited by Brother Liborio, 22 March 2019 - 02:09 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Primaris, Shadowspear, Librarian, Adeptus Astartes, Vanguard

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users