Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

HH Book 8: Malevolence in the Wild

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,692 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers, Adeptus Custodes
I'm pretty disappointed by the lack of some kind of gal vorbak-esque unit available for traitor legions to rival the baby gray knights. I know there's an option in the daemon rules, but I want them for potential Sons of Horus.
  • Plaguecaster likes this

"Dawn Cometh!"

Dawn Cometh – A Word Bearers Log | Noctus Cornix – My Instagram

To the Bitter End – The Badab War | NCornix – My Twitter               

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,482 posts
There's still plenty of books to come with plenty of space within them for that kind of a unit. :)

I also think it's too early in the FW book series for that kind of a unit to be widely available.

gallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_12339_7236.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,116 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

I'm really confused as to why Amit wasn't made into a special character... ermm.gif

Krash

Ad Victoriam

For those we cherish, we die in glory!

gallery_45765_12339_50558.png

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,692 posts

There's still plenty of books to come with plenty of space within them for that kind of a unit. smile.png

I also think it's too early in the FW book series for that kind of a unit to be widely available.

But early enough for there to be a widely available Daemon hunters with hexagrammic wards.

Yeeeeeah... I don't buy that.

"Dawn Cometh!"

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,790 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

I bet whatever book covers Molech will introduce Possessed for the other traitors.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Amun Ra

Amun Ra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 94 posts

I'm pretty disappointed by the lack of some kind of gal vorbak-esque unit available for traitor legions to rival the baby gray knights. I know there's an option in the daemon rules, but I want them for potential Sons of Horus.

Who cares about traitors? I want my Raven Guard roughs.

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,692 posts

Who cares about traitors? I want my Raven Guard roughs.

Uhhh I do. Clearly.

• Plaguecaster and Amun Ra like this

"Dawn Cometh!"

Amun Ra

Amun Ra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 94 posts
Pesky traitors with all their cool stuff.

Themed possessed would be great though, Luperci would be cool to see. Hopefully now we are getting daemons we see a bit more "witchy-poo" stuff appearing. Sounds like this book is a step on that direction.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,940 posts
Gimme that sweet juicy white scars stuff!

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,126 posts

There's still plenty of books to come with plenty of space within them for that kind of a unit. smile.png

But early enough for there to be a widely available Daemon hunters with hexagrammic wards.

Yeeeeeah... I don't buy that.

Have you read the unit entry? The wards a literally described as scribblings that kind of work but aren't really an exact science at all.

Not to mention, even in the fluff you have the Lupercarii and.... That's it?

Even during slaves to Darkness, just before the siege, not even the Death Guard have any plague marines yet.

talos402000

talos402000

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 102 posts

There will not be another general book past the Dark Angels book. What comes after that is the siege of Terra. Molech will be covered by a Titanicus book. The one I really regret not getting is Tallarn, but I think both FW and GW are both sick of the Heresy at this point.

• Black Blow Fly likes this

The Lion strode through the Halls of Hell;
Across his path grim shadows fell
Of many a howling, nameless shape
Daemons with dripping jaws agape.
The darkness shuddered with scream and yell
When the Lion stalked through the Halls of Hell.

james71989

james71989

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 106 posts
They already said at the weekender that they arent even half way through the planned black books.the siege of terra series that is starting is just the black library series
  • Son of Carnelian, Gorgoff and AceofAllTradez like this

gallery_62972_14467_40478.pngETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_An

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,286 posts
  • Faction: Do bookmarks count?
Didn't they once spoke of 20 black books?
  • Son of Carnelian likes this

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg gallery_26154_15777_13780.png 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,274 posts
  • Faction: IVth Legion

Didn't they once spoke of 20 black books?

That's the number I had in mind, too.
Bring back Psycho Dad!
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,009 posts

About 20-25 was the ballpark, and they recommitted to that at the Weekender last month.

We're barely two to three years into a decade long war. Makes sense, really.

mkbKIlr.png

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,274 posts

About 20-25 was the ballpark, and they recommitted to that at the Weekender last month.

We're barely two to three years into a decade long war. Makes sense, really.

I wonder what they have in mind for those books.
Obviously Dark Angels, Dark Mechanicum and Assassins but apart from that?
If they strech that really hard that's three additional books but how do they fill the rest of it?
Bring back Psycho Dad!

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,009 posts

There's plenty to cover, going by the most recent version of the HH timeline.

lTINZR3.jpg

The Shadow Crusade could easily take two books, a book for Molech, a book for Tallarn, a book for Titandeath, a book or two for the Solar Campaign and a book or two for Terra; and that's not includingany of the other "minor" engagements from the Heresy, plus anything new that ForgeWorld may come up with.

• Tipsy Techpriest likes this

mkbKIlr.png

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,286 posts
  • Faction: Do bookmarks count?

If they're doing a Shadow Crusade one, dare they diving into the Dominion of Storms. That's mine. :P ;)

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg gallery_26154_15777_13780.png 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,126 posts

There will not be another general book past the Dark Angels book. What comes after that is the siege of Terra. Molech will be covered by a Titanicus book. The one I really regret not getting is Tallarn, but I think both FW and GW are both sick of the Heresy at this point.

It depends what you mean by "general book"...?

Do you mean "here is a legion and the stuff surrounding it" because in some sense, you're right! After that we have covered all of the legions. But crucially, it will only be the legions in the early stages of the Heresy. Istvaan 3/5, Calth, Prospero, Chondax and Signus all represent the opening gambits from the Traitors side in the Heresy.

Thramas is also one of these, and mops up the final few legions but after this the timeline is still WIDE open with so much scope for things in-between now and the Siege. Hell, I bet the siege itself would easily span 2-3 books itself!

• Petitioner's City and Tipsy Techpriest like this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,965 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard
Could do some books after some Legions started becoming more 'Chaos' instead of just renegades.

If memory serves the Calabain incident was after the Heresy? doubt were gonna see DA vs DA stuff then?

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,126 posts

Could do some books after some Legions started becoming more 'Chaos' instead of just renegades.

If memory serves the Calabain incident was after the Heresy? doubt were gonna see DA vs DA stuff then?

Yeah, future books will start to have crazy legion daemon trooper rules.

It may be covered in the final Siege book, if at all... But most likely would kick-off a Scouring series I bet.

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,204 posts
I wouldn't mind smaller books (hopefully also cheaper :D) to detail smaller, more specific conflicts, or to add rules for BL characters, expand on the blackshields, etc. Alternatively, I could see them releasing a couple of books like Conquest, which if I recall correctly (I don't have it so I'm going off things I've read around, please correct me if I am wrong), focusses on the state of the galaxy in the whole and showcases some less known conflicts and battles. These books could be used to update campaign rules and scenarios, add flavour to some legions and other factions, etc.

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,274 posts

It depends what you mean by "general book"...?

Do you mean "here is a legion and the stuff surrounding it" because in some sense, you're right!
That's exactly what I mean.
Yeah, the fluff and the campaigns in the black books are nice and all that but without whole army list they are way to expansive to me.
Bring back Psycho Dad!

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,670 posts

little disappointed that the arrmistos HQ unit cant take any heavy weapons as ive got a 10 man lascannon blob id love to add him to :D

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,790 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

little disappointed that the arrmistos HQ unit cant take any heavy weapons as ive got a 10 man lascannon blob id love to add him to biggrin.png

I think you've inadvertently discovered why its only those two options :D 10 Master-Crafted, Tank Hunting Lascannons would make IF scary as hell

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users