Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

HH Book 8: Malevolence in the Wild

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,276 posts
  • Faction: IVth Legion

little disappointed that the arrmistos HQ unit cant take any heavy weapons as ive got a 10 man lascannon blob id love to add him to biggrin.png

I think you've inadvertently discovered why its only those two options :D 10 Master-Crafted, Tank Hunting Lascannons would make IF scary as hell
Or Iron Havocs.
They have BS5 and would looooove Mastercrafted guns.
  • Marshal Rohr and Reyner like this
Bring back Psycho Dad!
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,205 posts

little disappointed that the arrmistos HQ unit cant take any heavy weapons as ive got a 10 man lascannon blob id love to add him to biggrin.png

I think you've inadvertently discovered why its only those two options :D 10 Master-Crafted, Tank Hunting Lascannons would make IF scary as hell
Or Iron Havocs.
They have BS5 and would looooove Mastercrafted guns.
Ten man IF heavy bolter squads plus this consul, while probably not very points-effective, should throw a considerable amount of very accurate dakka(they already did before, but now it is a bit more). The only issue being that you have to resolve each marine individually due to master-crafted, unless you have plenty of different-coloured dice :D. And culverins are heavy 4...

Edited by Elzender, 21 March 2019 - 11:01 PM.

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,397 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Yeah id much rather my opponent be shooting me with Mastercrafted Lascannons in one volley rather than taking an age to fire Heavy bolters (To little effect anyway). Im already getting Salamander Thunderhammer flashbacks :P 

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,276 posts
  • Faction: IVth Legion
Like I said.
Dice come in different sizes and colours so make use of it.
When I fire with my plasma TSS I don't roll marine after marine either but instead throw all dice simultaneously.
It is a known fact that you score better if you throw more dice at once. ;)
  • Black Blow Fly likes this
Bring back Psycho Dad!
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,969 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Like I said.
Dice come in different sizes and colours so make use of it.
When I fire with my plasma TSS I don't roll marine after marine either but instead throw all dice simultaneously.
It is a known fact that you score better if you throw more dice at once. your opponent msn-wink.gif

Fixed that for ya! ;) :tu:

• Black Blow Fly and Gorgoff like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Ficinus

Ficinus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 621 posts
Can you give the Arrmistos a jetbike or will he need to just hang out with my heavy support squad with molecular acid shells?

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,126 posts

Can you give the Arrmistos a jetbike or will he need to just hang out with my heavy support squad with molecular acid shells?

No Jump pack, jetbike or Terminator armour for him sadly. But I can see why.

Also, you just choose a Legion Heavy Support squad with his weapon and they gain MC, he doesn't need to join them.

Edited by Charlo, 22 March 2019 - 12:11 PM.

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,280 posts

Looks like it has not gone up for pre-order yet again. 

james71989

james71989

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 106 posts
On top of that nothing went up for preorder whatsoever

gallery_62972_14467_40478.pngETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_An

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,702 posts

They have a preview article up with the ToC: https://www.warhamme...ew-malevolence/

And wow, spending 30 pages to reprint the Custodes (but not the Sisters so you need both black books for a combined Talons list) with their balance updates instead of just, ya know, updaating their FAQ is a kick in the geneseed.

HHMalevolencePreview-Mar25-ToC21jvfhhgsf

• Xwingt65 likes this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,126 posts
The sisters are in the book mate. And the Custodes contain the FAQ plus a lot more significant rules/ points changes.

Edited by Charlo, 26 March 2019 - 02:25 AM.

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, Eldar, Admech

The worst thing to me really is the Talons in here.  They were int he LAST FREAKING BOOK!  So that annoys me, a lot.  Those should've been a bloody Red Book after they release some Errata.  :(   Then maybe we could've gotten Dark Angels in this book too.

• Noserenda and Hellex_The_Thanatar like this

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,652 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

The writers mentioned that this is the highest page count black book yet. Did you really want them to cram the Dark Angels in there just to fit it in? Or give them proper breathing room in their own book, especially if we may get 6 RoW* to reflect their unique organization?

*not confirmed

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

Ficinus

Ficinus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 621 posts
If the reworked Talons/Custodes list wasn't in this book, it wouldn't have allowed the Dark Angels in. The Custodes list is an errata, pretty much. The Dark Angels would have required a reevaluation of their legion rules and rites of war, three to four new units, two to three special characters, and a primarch, not to mention legion background info and a lengthy campaign. The two aren't equivalent (unless I'm very mistaken about the extent of the Custodes rework and their presence in the narrative sections).
  • Black Blow Fly, roryokane and AceofAllTradez like this

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 940 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

Yea if DA were to be included we're looking at 30-40 pages on background and narrative, another 20 or so on the Campaign section for them and then finally another 30 for their rules and units. So easily 80 plus pages alone for Dark Angels. 

FW want to do DA right instead of shoehorning them into this book and doing them right takes a lot more effort than just a few pages of rules.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,792 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

My wallet is ready

• fire golem likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,702 posts

The sisters are in the book mate. And the Custodes contain the FAQ plus a lot more significant rules/ points changes.

Then why don't they have sections on their special rules and wargear like the Custodes do in the ToC?

From Garro's summary of this section, it certainly sounds like they aren't, and the Custodes changes could have fit in an updated FAQ just fine.

NocturnalAnimal

NocturnalAnimal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts
  • Faction: 30k White Scars

I've got the book out in front of me, and there ain't no Sisters in there. Rather irksome, especially as Tsolomon Kane can take a single Obilivion Knight-Centura as part of his retinue on foot.

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,010 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Tsolomon Kane 

Wait, what. No, they didn't... did they? :o

https://en.wikipedia...ki/Solomon_Kane

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,411 posts

I have the book, and the Sisters of Silence aren’t in the Talons section. It’s just Custodes.
gallery_26271_12264_20095.jpg

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,685 posts
So I can make a full White Scars bike army for 30k with this book? No rule of three from 40k? Maybe I will start HH collecting down the road.
  • Vykes likes this

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,008 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
There's no rule of three, but there is this nifty thing called a force organization chart. It's fairly unchangeable and can force some hard decisions as a result. It's great.
  • Sandlemad, Marshal Rohr, Marshal Loss and 4 others like this

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,685 posts
So, because the rite of war makes outriders troops, I can fill the troop slots for the crusade FOC with bikes. It's like pre-8th 40k then?

Talons of the Emperor reprint in it too? Nothing new at all for Golden Boys?

Edited by HCMistborn, 27 March 2019 - 07:37 PM.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,792 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

I'm not familiar with the rules specifically, but if a RoW allows a unit to be taken as troops/compulsory troops you can fill all six slots with them. Also, what is the rule of 3's?

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

armarnis

armarnis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 187 posts
  • Faction: XXth Legion

rule of three is a GUIDELINE from GW for 8th edition ORGANIZED PLAY (events, tournaments and such, but people often mistake it as a matched play rule...) which says any datasheet might be taken only 3 times, no more (to prevent people playing 2 detachments with 6 heavy slots each and just pumping tanks into it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users