Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Rumour Engine - 19th March, 2019

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Brokejaw Gutripper

Brokejaw Gutripper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 654 posts

Po-Tay-Toe, Po-Tah-Toe

:lol:

Not quite.

You walk through a door, you descend through a hatch. A door is in a bulkhead, a hatch is in the deck or other horizontal surface.

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,558 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Dauntless Spirit
As much as I'd like to see hints of a revamped or even new Sisters vehicle, it just comes across as either a Taurox or Onager variant to me. If it is a Sisters vehicle, it's most likely either a new Repressor or a new vehicle altogether. It doesn't look like anything that an Immolator or Exorcist would have.

In the darkness between the stars, the weak and the faithless find no deliverance. We are raised to believe that the God-Emperor watches over us all. And so we are charged to cleanse the mutant, the heretic and the alien. We must not falter. We are His sword. We are His wrath. Even in the face of death, we shall not submit. Suffering is our prayer. Faith is our armour. In Battle He offers us redemption. And for those who proves their worth, the Emperor sends sends forth His Angels!

Subtle Discord

Subtle Discord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,152 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion, Dark Mechanicus

I suspect that it being something related to Sisters is being too optimistic. Their line is still in the digital creation stage and being showcased quite a bit at that stage. This is a painted model that's much closer to production. We all know sisters will ave their moment, but I think this is some else. Exactly what is hard to say since it could fit into a few different Imperial niches.

In a vox cast podcasts one of the guests said that new stuff hitting the shelfs is 5 years in production.
So for example the new csm range possibly started out in development in 2014. If 2019 is the year of the new plastic sisters I would suspect them to be past the digital stage. This could simply be only what they are willing to share at the moment.

I could be mistaken, but it's my understanding that the 5 year production cycle mentioned in that podcast isn't set in stone, but it's an example of how long it can take. As someone who's studied Industrial Design I can say that 5 years is a long cycle for a product like this and I know for a fact that GW is much more agile than that since they do it all in-house, however they are also very strategic and I have no doubt that production scheduled are somewhat fluid in some cases with some being done faster, other slower, and changes in order happening when the right reason/complication/opportunity arises.

The Sisters update is a prefect example of a project (and a large one at that) that's being fast-tracked and it'll be done in well under 5 years; they only seriously started work on the Sisters after the community survey they did somewhat recently that overwhelmingly call attention to the fact that the community really wanted it, even more than they expected. I think people are being a bit too optimistic that it'll be into production within the first year of the public announcement of the project, but I also don't think it'll be significantly longer. I suspect in the case of Sisters they had much of the concept art finished or at least started and it was waiting for its time to start rolling; I recall hearing that one of the things stalling the Sisters reboot was that they were still perfecting the plastic injection process to do the lighter more delicate details that they would require. It's a case that maybe because of that delay it had to be put on hold as it was worked out and thus it's closer to the 3-5 years mark. I have no doubt that if GW started fresh on something that fell within the limits of their capabilities and they wanted it done fast it could be done in 1-2 years, maybe a bit more or even less, depending on the scope and scale of the project.

• RolandTHTG and Battybattybats like this

"The old galaxy is dying, and the new galaxy struggles to be born; now is the time of monsters."

mKdOZh3.png
MlwLia9.png

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I suspect that it being something related to Sisters is being too optimistic. Their line is still in the digital creation stage and being showcased quite a bit at that stage. This is a painted model that's much closer to production. We all know sisters will ave their moment, but I think this is some else. Exactly what is hard to say since it could fit into a few different Imperial niches.

In a vox cast podcasts one of the guests said that new stuff hitting the shelfs is 5 years in production.
So for example the new csm range possibly started out in development in 2014. If 2019 is the year of the new plastic sisters I would suspect them to be past the digital stage. This could simply be only what they are willing to share at the moment.

He said that SOME of the things are up to 5 years before release DESIGNED. That's not the rule and is still quite a bit away from actual production. ^^

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

Curve ball time - its another GSC vehicle!

• Lord Marshal likes this

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 828 posts
Yeah when chatting to one of the designers at forgeworld he did say to me it depends on the mini for the lead time. Average he said was around 3 years but could be more or less. So 5 years might be the number for some models but others might be turned around much quicker.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,441 posts

I mean with the taurox hatch shown to be literally identical to the rumor piece, it pretty much means this could be for anyone in the imperium supplied by the admech. Might be faster to list Imperium factions that this likely wouldn't be for.... (though even in such a list i would have erroneously included Astra Militarum until recently).

So... it's not space marine (as they never have those), It's not Custodes and it's not non-Tempestus Astra Militarum(?) Is there anyone else it likely COULDN'T be?

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,039 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

I really hope it is an AdMech vehicle; for a faction that revolves around technological marvels, their range is rather lacking in the vehicle department.

Nevertheless, I would be surprised if it really is an AdMech unit, since GW seems to focus on Chaos and Sisters at the moment. But then again, I never saw the Tech-Priest Manipulus coming either. 

• Magos Takatus likes this

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,452 posts
Hmm I guess it could always be Arbites too.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,441 posts

I really hope it is an AdMech vehicle; for a faction that revolves around technological marvels, their range is rather lacking in the vehicle department.

Nevertheless, I would be surprised if it really is an AdMech unit, since GW seems to focus on Chaos and Sisters at the moment. But then again, I never saw the Tech-Priest Manipulus coming either. 

Well the "focus" on sisters is teasing renders so i kinda doubt they'll toss out a rumor image of fully fledged and done painted vehicle as the first real model tease for them

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

++ PATRIS ANGUIGENA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,144 posts
  • Faction: Stygian Lords
Curveball guess: Rogue Trader transport.

Dragonlover
  • Doctor Perils likes this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Since it seems to be cuveball time: T'au Gue'vesa vehicle. :teehee:

• Triszin likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Ascanius

Ascanius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,216 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

It's a door.

facepalm.png

A hatch*

tongue.png

Po-Tay-Toe, Po-Tah-Toe

laugh.png

Hey, door vs. hatch is still better than Black Library publishing books where doors within ships are called "bulkheads", which is the term for internal walls within ships . . .

Edited by Ascanius, 20 March 2019 - 12:26 PM.

• Triszin likes this

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,441 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order, Deathskulls
Opening a bulkhead does sound somewhat structurally catastrophic.

I'm on board for an admech vehicle, hopefully some kind of transport.
Formerly known as CardinalVirtue

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,974 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

It's a door.:facepalm:

A hatch*:P

Po-Tay-Toe, Po-Tah-Toe

:lol:

Hey, door vs. hatch is still better than Black Library publishing books where doors within ships are called "bulkheads", which is the term for internal walls within ships . . .

Sometimes I wish GW would hire a military advisor or engineer, just so they can correct some of this stuff. Sometimes I look at a model and just can't figure how any person thought that the model would actually work. Meh I guess it's all hand waved.
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

GrinNfool

GrinNfool

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 393 posts

Eh its an imperium vehicle of some kind, Scions and Taurox Primes have it (scions related maybe but unlikely) armigers have a similar design on their armor and ad mech have this design as well.  I think its pretty unlikely to be sister related as they haven't been shy about teasing that stuff in a blog dedicated to it, so either admech or scions (Guard) is my guess.

Subtle Discord

Subtle Discord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,152 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion, Dark Mechanicus

Don't you dare release something new for AdMech GW! I'm trying to put that project to bed (for now) so I can get back to my Chaos because, you know, all the Chaos. I'm not even trying to get out and I fear they might try to pull me in even deeper! :) Your a cruel mistress GW, so cruel, but somehow I love you for it.

"The old galaxy is dying, and the new galaxy struggles to be born; now is the time of monsters."

mKdOZh3.png
MlwLia9.png

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,395 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

I'm hoping for an Ad-mech "Transport" vehicle...but if it's Guard then so be it ...sweat.gif

Mithril

I believe it was Jes Goodwin saying he'd designed things 5 years ago and needed a cheat sheet in the interview to remind him what they were and what they're name was laugh.png 

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Gothical

Gothical

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,306 posts

Whilst it is annoying, I figure there is a creative way around it.

When the order is to "seal the bulkhead" then it means the door in the bulkhead is shut, and being of the same construction, therefore makes a solid bulkhead, sealing off that part of the ship.

Using meltaguns and chainfists to "open bulkheads" - well, with that kind of wargear who needs doors? Just go through the walls! Also, given the above, once sealed is there a difference between the door and the rest of the bulkhead? Not really.

++

That hatch looks Ad Mech or Tempestus to me. Looking at the top-down views of both extant vehicles it is more similar to the Dunecrawler than to the Taurox (the latter has recessed rivets on the superstructure around the hatch, the 'crawler doesn't; the rumour engine picture has two tabs coming off the coupola housing and the 'crawler has one of those, the Taurox doesn't; it appears to be mounted on a cylindrical protrusion just like the 'crawler but that could be a photoshop trick).

It also makes more sense for the Ad Mech to get an expansion than the MT, given the latter are now folded into the Guard book fully and the Ad Mech still oddly lack vehicles despite being the machine-worshiping faction.

Nah, no one takes a ship like the XIIth. Imagine being stuck in a space-bound tin can with only short hallways to set up firing points. It'd be like releasing a pack of PCP'ed up wolverines (the animals, not multiple Hugh Jackmans) into a locker room and blocking all the exits.

They aren't stuck inside a ship with you, you're trapped on a ship with them. 

However, the First Son and his Templar Brethren are who I'd bet on to defend that ship happy.png

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,974 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG
I don't think this is sisters. I feel if it was sisters instead of the crosses on the hatches it would have been a fleur-de-lis, as they are heavily present on the sister new models.

Scions and ADMech share this same aesthetic, which make both possible. I want it to be Scion but I think ADMech are more likely.
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

depthcharge12

depthcharge12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,835 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Ist Legion
Chaos sisters! Primaris Sisters! Genestealer cult sisters!!!

Ok got it out of my system :P
Sons of Horus painting log (3000+ points & Horus)

http://www.bolterand...rus-plog-horus/

Scars of Rangdan, Dark Angels Legion:

http://www.bolterand...79#entry4575179

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,965 posts

Its a transport for inquisition stormtroopers obviously.

I would love new guard range tho.

• Jarl Caldersson likes this

Ascanius

Ascanius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,216 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

Whilst it is annoying, I figure there is a creative way around it.

When the order is to "seal the bulkhead" then it means the door in the bulkhead is shut, and being of the same construction, therefore makes a solid bulkhead, sealing off that part of the ship.

Using meltaguns and chainfists to "open bulkheads" - well, with that kind of wargear who needs doors? Just go through the walls! Also, given the above, once sealed is there a difference between the door and the rest of the bulkhead? Not really.

Yeah, nah, I applaud the effort, but most references are just to "bulkhead opening" as if it means "door opening".

• Gothical likes this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,807 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Guard can wait. I think the army most in need of attention from GW, both in rules and new model releases are actually the various Astartes. The rules are woeful and there's massive gaps in the Primaris range. For the "main faction" they have been on the hack burner for too long.

At least Guard have a good codex!

-~Ishagu~-

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 940 posts

Guard can wait. I think the army most in need of attention from GW, both in rules and new model releases are actually the various Astartes. The rules are woeful and there's massive gaps in the Primaris range. For the "main faction" they have been on the hack burner for too long.

At least Guard have a good codex!

Astartes need the rules, Guard need the models - but it’s new Infantry models, rather than vehicles, that are wanted (in my view). Mechanicus have a greater need for new vehicles than Guard, so I suspect that the image is from a new AdMech vehicle.
  • Magos Takatus, jeremy1391 and Lord Marshal like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users