Blight bombardment, plague marines, putrifier, and Rhino.

Angelsforlife6317

Short awnser is "no".

The truth is that its not bad to have in your list, but its a bad core strategy.

Specifically for ITC, its too expensive, you want the nurglings battalion, the 2-3 bloat drones, the 2-3 PBC and a few daemon princes.

I usually find space for 7-14 plague marines and a biologus, they are a good defensive tool and powerfull deterent to the mid board. I did gave up on the rhino though.

Thanks guys. It does seem like a lot of points to sink into something that might not happen if my opponent plays around it. It seems really powerful with the flat 2 damage and the mortal wound potential. Add in VotLW and its letal.

Looks like im headed for plaguebearers, Ahrian+friends, and PBC or something. New legion stuff coming out may try a detachment of chaos space marines. I think death guard are in a mediocre state at the moment in ITC format.

Mediocre s not the word.

Limited seems more appropriate.

Most of our legacy models are trash, the new characters are mostly bad.

However when looking at nurgle as a faction, there are some strong options for ITC.

The game plan never is "go up to their face and kill them!", you need to play defensive, to slow the game into a grind.

I have seen very few player actually play deathguard to their strenght, they are most comonly used for one strong element in a regular chaos lists.

The way I play it is by advancing my drones with the prince right in the middle (to make them an obvious target and screen the rhino for mortal wounds (smites ect...))

I move and advance the rhino first turn and pop the fumigenes and cast the -1 to hit on it (become a -2 to hit rhino)

I have a chaos sorcerer with jumppack that is following all of that for the warptime.

First turn my opponent will have to choose between a -2 to hit rhino or the immediate threat that the drones are and will most likely target the drones (there is no way to hide them anyway).

Second turn the crew disembark and move in range of a primary target (titan and such) if needed the drones are there to clean the screen if still alive

if needed the sorcerer can cast warp time to move a second time if slightly out of range otherwise he can cast it on the daemonprince or any other unit.

This is not perfect but I found this combo to be one of the most devastating in the game for titanics (so many mortal wounds and force to fail saves).

Extremely overcosted and probably not the smartest idea but I’d love to try the blight bombardment tactic but have a spartan filled with plaguemarines instead. The spartan is a lot tougher than rhinos so would be harder to deal with especially if you run some other scary unit acting as a threat hoping to distract your opponents attention from the spartan and plague marines inside

Massively overcosted probably but i’ve always liked large centrepiece models

The combo Is not competitive, BUT I never leave without It.

My meta is ork/nid heavy, so I usually take a 8-10 marine squad and a biologus on foot. They usually Just sit in the middle and grab objectives, but of the opponent Is too aggressive, they can delete almost everything.

I don't use the combo every game of course, but against melee armies it's devastating. I advise to not rely on It, but Just to use It as a defensive tool. You also have Cloud of flies to protect the marine squad, that's why I only have 1. The rest of my infantry are plaguebearers and a blightlord squad

• 2 weeks later...

I'd consider a dreadclaw to a rhino if your group plays with FW.

1) It's faster (M 15") and better in melee doing 4A -2AP D2

2) It's pistol shooting does D6 hits on all units within 6" at S6

3) When it pops we can use Putrid Detonation for 1CP to do D3 mortal wounds (D6 to psykers) to everyone within 6"

I know it's more expensive but I think it's a real sleeper unit for DG.

Archived