Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rate my list and pointers (2000pts pure craftworlds)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Lvlivs

Lvlivs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11 posts
So just using what I have this is the list I have made

Alaiotic fieldcraft

HQ - 257 points
- Farseer skyrunner warlord with singing spear, blazing star of Vaul. doom, guide - 137 points
- warlock singing spear, protect/jinx - 60 points
- warlock singing spear, conceal/reveal - 60 points

TROOPS - 398 points
- 9 dire avengers, 1 exarch with two avenger catapults - 113 points
- 10 guardians with shuriken cannon platform - 95 points

FAST ATTACK - 522
- 9 swooping hawks, 1 exarch - 130 points
- 3 vypers brightlances and shueiken cannon - 210 points
- 7 windriders with shuriken cannon - 182 points

HEAVY SUPPORT - 172 points
- Fire prism with crystal targeting matrix and spirit stones - 172 points

FLYER - 175 points
- crimson hunter exarch - 175 points

DEDICATED TRANSPORT - 471 points
- waveserpent with shuriken cannons and vectored engines
157 points
157 points
157 points

Total points 1995

Is this a good list? Anything I should change? I do have limited options though and have posted all models I own own on another topic.

Edited by Lvlivs, 19 March 2019 - 09:41 PM.

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,599 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

I'd be tempted to drop the singing spears (a S9 ranged weapon is not really worth it with AP0) as their pistol is also a 12" range but has the chance to be -3AP.  I'd also drop one unit of Guardians the use the points to put spirt stones & Star Engines on the wave serpents .  Then 'upgrade' the Warlocks to Spirtseers  (the extra wounds making it worth it, as does removing the limitation on smite).

That then leaves you 15 points.... so upgrade the swooping hawks rifle to hawks talon (the exarch model actually has a talon and not las rifle anyway) & change the D.Avengers twin avenger cats for the shimmer shiled & glave (for that 5++ save)

You can then move 1 HQ & the 3 FA units in to a seperate formation for the extra point of CP giving 9 to start with.

Edited by Slasher956, 20 March 2019 - 11:04 AM.

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Lvlivs

Lvlivs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11 posts
So I’m kinda confused as I don’t have any shining spears in my army? Did you mean my vypers?
I was thinking of the guardians would be in the wave serpents and using the stratagem to put my avengers in deep strike, is it still worth to get rid of 1 group for the upgrades?
That’s a good idea about the spirit seer!
Since I was using the avengers more as a drop bomb, is it better to go shimmer shield or the dual catapults

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,599 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

I mean the singing spears, the upgrade of a witchblade on the warlocks, in my mind its 10 points wasted there.

With the Avengers its a matter of what you expect to come back at you the next turn... the extra 4 shots v a 1 in 3 chance of saving against anything thrown at you.... the combat of the glave is insidental in my mind, the exarch is there to keep the rest of the unit alive for longer :P

About the guardians v upgrade its play style..... and I tend to only put CC units in the wave serpents for the extra 3" movement (1st turn banshee charges!)  then after that I use them as battle tanks not unit carriers so tend to go for the engine boost and 6+ ignore wounds save.

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

sultansean

sultansean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 156 posts

So I would combine 2 units of Guardians together and deep strike them. The avengers have longer range and an invulnerable save so they are better on the field at the start. I would drop the fire prism for another Crimson Hunter Exarch. The Fire Prism really shines when you have multiples to use the stratagem. Otherwise it is only hitting on 4's if it moves.

The vypers are not the best, but they are ok. The Windriders would be bette with scatter lasers, particularly if you are playing against Tau so you can stay back at max range. 

Looking back at the list of things you have I would try swapping the Vypers for some support weapon shadow weavers, which you could then call a spearhead detachment for an extra CP. They will be good at shooting at those pesky drone units in cover. 

Edited by sultansean, 05 April 2019 - 03:11 AM.

• Karhedron likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users