How many Kabalite Warriors?

The Slayer

If you are going with a kabal focused army you want as many of them as you can fit in your transports of choice. I have 60. I don't use all 60 but with 60 I can make some squads of trueborn if I want to. I can fit 50 in transports in a 2000 point list supported with razorwing jetfighters, scourges, hellions, and reavers.

• 2 weeks later...

110 man that's probably more than you need, but they are such great models so you can't ever really have enough. 

In my typical 2k list I don't actually use that many kabalites, usually somewhere between 20-30, but that's because I mix between kabal, cult and coven pretty heavily. In a pure kabal list 50+ is definetly not unreasonable given how cheap they are now. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I never come up with a maximum number of units. :wink:

However it is often useful to think of a minimum as a starting point. Dark Eldar tend to be fairly hungry for Command Points so I typically start building a list around a Battalion. 3 squads of 5 Kabalites in Venoms are just durable enough to be annoying to the enemy while remaining cheap. The provide the ability to hold Objectives and they meet the Battalion requirements to provide CPs. Any you wish to add on top of that are a bonus.

I never come up with a maximum number of units. :wink:

However it is often useful to think of a minimum as a starting point. Dark Eldar tend to be fairly hungry for Command Points so I typically start building a list around a Battalion. 3 squads of 5 Kabalites in Venoms are just durable enough to be annoying to the enemy while remaining cheap. The provide the ability to hold Objectives and they meet the Battalion requirements to provide CPs. Any you wish to add on top of that are a bonus.

Just need to purchase two more Venoms.

Just need to purchase two more Venoms.

Yup, I really do love Venoms. The combination of -1 to-Hit, a 5++ save, 2 Splinter Cannons and FLY is a bargain on a 75-point unit that also protects your squishy infantry whilst still allowing them to shoot at full effect. My favourite filling is probably just 5 Kabalites with a Shredder. By all means go for a blaster if you tend to face vehicle-heavy armies on a regular basis. Normally I find a combination of Darklance Ravagers and Haywire (either on Scourges or Taloi) sufficient for anti-tank but your needs may vary.

I really like running these guys as Kabal of the Flayed Skull. Your enemy loses any cover bonuses while you are mounted up and you can reroll to-Hit rolls of 1 for the splinter rifles and Cannons. 3 units equipped this way meet your Troop requirements for a Battalion and are pretty effective for under 400 points.