CSM Havoc Reaper Chaincannon Conversion

I think the longs are too long, but I'm not a fan of the shorts not having any barrel showing. Would it be possible to do the long, but starting the shield right after the ammo feed? Alternatively, doing the short with 2 mm or so of the barrels showing?

D for me personally.

As awesome as chunky highly impractical armour and monstrous weapons are for that sort of aesthetic option compact and less bulky makes more sense to me.  Plus sometimes less is more, D looks like an up close and personal rip you in half sorta weapon.

I think the longs are too long, but I'm not a fan of the shorts not having any barrel showing. Would it be possible to do the long, but starting the shield right after the ammo feed? Alternatively, doing the short with 2 mm or so of the barrels showing?

If the shield is moved back towards the ammo feed then the grip for the left hand is now in front of the shield which negates any benefit of having the shield. 

Regarding the Barrel choice dilemma, I'd have to cast my vote behind the Short Large option, the longer designs look too cumbersome and unwieldy, while the thin designs just lack the same presence and intimidation factor of the larger barrel.

While we're still on the subject of barrels, can I just say putting these Minigun-style barrels on both the Suppressor and Aggressor guns was an inspired choice?! Like, by the Throne, they look soo meaty and vicious now! I love the Aggressor especially, those barrels fit so well it's like they were made for them! Aggressors with the standard Bolter-style barrels are ruined for me because they're gonna look so weedy and boring in comparison now!

God now I can see in my head a 5-man squad of Aggressors marching up to the front of an Imperial defensive line, a veritable tide of fanatical cultists bearing down on their position as the Aggressors just line up. The Sergeant opens a vox-line to his brothers:

"Brothers, do you see these heretics?"

"Aye Brother-Sergeant?"

"I don't want to."

Then they raise their arms and just...

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTT

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

They're from Red Dog Minis, the link is in my sig line, they're listed in the infantry parts section. Option C is the leading choice based on the responses I've been getting so I've gone ahead and ordered in prints for the sprue which I should have available in about two weeks. The short version D is already available on the website. 

If you need it right now the C option is the same barrel size that's used on the crisis suit compatible autocannon, so you could buy those and chop them off and it'd be the same size but slightly more pricey to do it that way. 

Edited by Rogue Crusader

As much as I visually like version B (short, fat), it does not match the weapons profile, which is Heavy 2

Ehh, GW... Sooo many things wrong with this particular weapon design. 
I'm thinking really hard on how to improve those guns myslef. What would you guys say for this kind of barrel?
http://anvilindustry.co.uk/image/cache/catalog/Anvil/Weapons/Frag%20Launcher/FragCannonRender-800x800.jpg
I mean - definitely recoil absorbing would be great for jump infantry

As much as I visually like version B (short, fat), it does not match the weapons profile, which is Heavy 2

Maybe we'll get lucky and the full weapon options will include gatling cannons. I like that barrel, particularly if rotated sideways because then it looks like a mini-eradicator cannon.

They're from Red Dog Minis, the link is in my sig line, they're listed in the infantry parts section.

If I ever do aggressors I know where I'm going, thanks!

Edited by jaxom

• 2 weeks later...