The Ouroboros Crusade. Old to new, the Crusade continues.

Eberious

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It is an Imperial Fists Templar Brethren upgrade kit by Forge World

Nope :tongue.: , it's a Mk3 shoulder pad with the rounded bit cut out. Then a BT pad from the upgrade sprue, trimmed the outer bits off leaving the cross and fitted it to the Mk3. filed while the glue is still a little wet to fill in the small lines/gaps between the two parts.   

If you have a look at page one and scroll down you'll see. I'll be using a fair bit of this style throughout my army. You can see the same design on other marines in this thread. cheers.

@Marshal Vespasian, the sword is greyseer primer, bt contrast, the highlights up and down the blade and edges are, as i recall, stegadon scale green and then built up with temple guard blue. then a final slight whip of temple guard blue for the extreme edge highlight.

The bases: I build a support structure underneath onto what would be the top plate/main area, glue it to the base.Then attach a shell of plasticard around the sides(usually fairly thin plasticard, 1mm thick) and build the steps up. Then use general COD bits  and other gubbins to decorate. Then from plasticard I make the tiles and details,  file, scrape and score it until detailed enough. Then any other details, spent shells, the dead, battlefield scrap etc. 

@TheOneTrueZon, aye, various drill bits turned by hand, but also use a hobby knife. So a mix. 

Edited by Eberious

Wow thats a surprisingly easy recipe for an incredible effect. Wouldn't have thought about doing it that way though.

On the topic of your bases: you might have the dubious honour of having decided for me, how I'll base my heresy era fists.

For normal dudes I will propably Stick to just some tiles, but for Dreads and characters I wanted to do some strais and so on.

Howd you paint this? (that being said, I'll propably habe to paint it as Black or green marble to go with my fists.

Nope :tongue.: , it's a Mk3 shoulder pad with the rounded bit cut out. Then a BT pad from the upgrade sprue, trimmed the outer bits off leaving the cross and fitted it to the Mk3. filed while the glue is still a little wet to fill in the small lines/gaps between the two parts.  

Oops. My bad. :blush.:

Great work! Shoulder pad looks very good!

• 4 weeks later...

You may ask.....

lol, was just going to leave it at that, but I won't.

Think it was  Greyseer spray base > Almost dry brush screamming skull lightly to colour but not to make it a solid colour > think it was a 50/50 agrax earth shade/medium to thin it out. > then dry brush screamming skull again to pick out highlights.  > then some careful agrax and or nuln oil mix for the cracks and such.

I honestly can't remember exactly. next time I run it, which should be soon I'll keep a closer note.  

• 4 weeks later...

And the food side, ginger and cinnamon BT biscuits for my tiny Templars (kids and the missus). Big one is for me... obviously, lol

Didn't come out right but meh. It's all down the hatch anyways.

uwnFBYL.jpg

Edited by Eberious

• 7 months later...

Helbrecht

~ The galaxy is the Emperor's, and anyone or anything who challenges that claim is an enemy who must be destroyed ~

KiwaRep.jpg

More pics on my main hobby thread in the WIp section. 
Edited by Eberious

• 7 months later...

I give you Grimaldus.

Just the right amount of Blackest of black and white. 

175557554_10159481663467235_156941213900

174450233_10159481664007235_313360667450

174786766_10159481664422235_954317444984

I'm also back to painting stuff after a break. But anyone that knows me I have these periods. I'll have that Redemptor Chaplain Dreadnought painted soon. Just working on a heavy onslaught cannon for it. But, I thought I'd share this as just got him today. Going to have to get him a Templar cross ID tag.   

• 5 months later...

Battle Brothers! I give you..

GERALDUS!

lLRlhkl.jpg

EFCZGPJ.jpg

4UqAEK5.jpg

See the few other pics here.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/354691-the-ouroboros-crusade-old-to-new-the-crusade-continues/page-10?do=findComment&comment=5743372

Edited by Eberious