The Ouroboros Crusade. Old to new, the Crusade continues.

Eberious

RwXoPyl.png

The Ouroboros Crusade

~ Creation out of Destruction ~

~ Life out of Death ~

Greetings brothers, the Templars have been calling me as of late. Strayed into the land of homebrew chapter for a year or so. Struggled to get certain parts right and colour schemes, only to end up making the right choice... the only choice. So busy redoing them into Templars.

This will be a Primaris thread mainly, I will have some tanks and a LandRaider or two(rules be dammed)I'll just have to make it bigger. Going to 'reincarnate' some Battle Brothers from my main army across to this one to fit the mashed together fluff I made and posted in the Crusades thread pinned on our sacred sub forum, 'counts as' and of course the odd non codex legal model.

To start there won't be much in the way of paint, saving it for the ETL.  I've got a fair whack of stuff to rebuild, build etc.  Anyways, on with the Pics... and for those who remember me, you know I love my pics..sorry.

Dreadnought Brother Rainard

hHNfZ7d.jpg

oHdicmK.jpg

z6Sw4Zm.jpg

nh5q3Ba.jpg

PW7QVrB.jpg

aAWzaLt.jpg

W1UXLFY.jpg

nKonax1.jpg

Pilot Pics.

auMaYhM.jpg

NYUILqR.jpg

The base

eYsphEp.jpg

OMl3adF.jpg

VVUq5R0.jpg

Sharing here for those who don't frequent the BT sub form. That's all for now,   :smile.:

Edited by Eberious

• 3 weeks later...

Solid pose on the Champion, really evocative and strong, the added purity seals and other little details work well to cement his identity as a Templar.

Cracking work on the regular troops too, again the chains and reliquaries reinforce their aesthetic.

Thanks all, its a little hard not to go overboard with details and battle damage etc, but I manage to stop myself. :)

I've mostly done action poses with my last 2-3 EC's so wanted something that, to use your words Pearson73, evocative. I'm glad its come across. Lined up next to the others he certainly draws the eye, but for more of a ' the battle rages around him, he stands there, clam, focused, without fear ' then opens up a can of punishment . Can't wait to use him in battle.  

@Tyrannicide, the Iron Halo is from a stormcast eternal helmet, I forget which one exactly. Basic troop I think but that range have a good choice of Iron Halo type decor.

Many thanks everyone, :smile.:

@ Knightsword, nope, the base is scratch built from plasticard and some cities of death and other bits. Tiles measured and cut out and side knife scrapped and filed and then carved the cracks, damage and such.

Looks like I need to up my base making game  :woot:

• 1 month later...

With June and the ETL fast approaching reinforcements arrive. I think the contrast paints will certainly speed up the process. I've seen some very good results with the Black Templar contrast recently so I'm optimistic about it but going to see if I can test the local stores paints before buying into it. 

Chaplain

FK4VEDE.jpg

ekUiaOK.jpg

4knbpAN.jpg

FLlyF0z.jpg

Hell Blasters

G0N0a9d.jpg

55fDq34.jpg

I have a unit of Inceptors and a Repulsor on the way. Just making some last minute upgrades. 

Absolutely stunning.  That redemptor is the best I've seen!  The movement, the base, the additions, you nailed it!

Any tips on working with plasticard?  My attempts look very 'orky', but that sword you made for the champion is so clean.