The Ouroboros Crusade. Old to new, the Crusade continues.

Eberious

Decided to go for it and try something different to my normal banner effort. To carry on from the free hand bird thing on the shield on Helbrecht's back pack.

Still a WIP but it is the last part of the Chaplain Dreadnought, then the base and it'll be finished...at last. It's to represent MOS Chaplain Geraldus in life before being reborn. 

cVE4pCT.jpg?1

Will do, thanks.

Almost painted over it today as I spent part of last night and this morning trying to get the banner colours done, but kept going wrong. At a certain point I was like fudge this and wanted to to strip it. But I managed not to throw a tantrum and just paint around it. Tonight has been filled with sketching out other ideas but decided to stick with what I've done but to add a cross around it and get some colour in, on the main central area. Not used to this so outside my comfort zone, I usually just wash it brownish and slap some crosses on.     

• 2 weeks later...

Base is done, think I've reached a new level on my bases anyways which has pleased me to no end. Not to toot my own trumpet but I've certainly improved being my own biggest critic. The Dreadnought is not to far behind, final details going on and a new left shoulder plate being painted. Decided to leave it as plain as possible when it comes to decoration to bring some balance. 

ha7vFSk.jpg

B3NEwKp.jpg?1

Painted the bulk of the base sides a really dark brown so the transition from the top to bottom wasn't a stark colour change.  Also patches of the whiter parts are a little more brown in RL, just hasn't come out in the pics. 

Edited by Eberious

He's finally finished,  and what a day/weekend to have him finished for !!!!

lLRlhkl.jpg

EFCZGPJ.jpg

e0fudJC.jpg

eHdvLDk.jpg

0cn7lDi.jpg

4UqAEK5.jpg

As seen from the faithful kneeling in prayer. 

And just a good shot of the stock left fist made in a right fist. Basically had to swap everything's position, the gun, the feed and the would be built in ammo supply thing. Lots of cutting and filing to make things fit. 

YzJ0Piu.jpg

I can finally crack on with some battle brothers now. Think I'll do that Crusader squad I made next. :smile.:

Forgot to say changed things a little like the plasma cannons back to storm bolters and the left shoulder pad I felt was to cluttered as detailed as the model is. I felt it needed a plain shoulder plate.

Edited by Eberious

Many thanks all, think I've run out of likes today with all that's going on for us. But thank you :smile.:   

I'm actually going to paint the last Inceptor of the first unit I have of them before that Crusader squad. So I'll have another painted unit up in no time.  

Ah :censored:  just noticed I haven't painted the cog and skull thing on the power planet section...... a job for tomorrow.  

Edited by Eberious

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, basically my brushes packed up and each one started to fray and bend?? only when putting paint on them. It's a cheap make to be fair but the last time they worked just fine, for years. My only good brush has 20 hairs, and has no staying power in it's ability to apply the paint. 

So while I decide to suck it up and invest in goods ones I decided to buy two sets of these and make a little something fun out of the spare Redemptor Dreadnought I have ...

X9DmBhp.jpg 

Can't wait to get started, been whipping around gather gubbins last few days. 

I'm hoping it'll be,  the pose I have in mind is always a little awkward to pull off with a Dreadnought.

Got the base, legs posed and the body done yesterday. Only the basics when it comes to the actual Dreadnought. Base is pretty much done, unless I add some details throughout. Like ammo casings, wear and tear damage to the aquila wing section and the like. As the last Two Dreadnoughts have been fairly 'stationary' in their pose, this one will be charging given it's battle field role. 

4IZTfeY.jpg?1

DH3mBjZ.jpg

Edited by Eberious

Got the legs in place, not overly happy with the pose but by the time I noticed the glue had well and truly bonded. Still happy enough to crack on. 

9oGOSUD.jpg

CmGojG8.jpg

Some stretch of the imagination and a Redemptor Dreadnought can run! It would be reasonable to think they can run/charge short distances anyways. 

Thanks both,

@Charlo, Greyseer primer(spray can) contrast Black Templar, highlight and slight dry brush of Administratum grey. Might use a bit of screaming skull/bleached bone for a highlight on top of that. Normally around the highest points or to pop darker areas, and around the feet sometimes to give a dusty look. 

So after searching long enough I came to the conclusion that what I wanted just didn't exist. So tried my hand at sculpting my own fire to fill a large brazier. Of course, pic taken at the best possible angle, going to come back to it once fully cured and tidy it up add and remove till happy. It is for the current Dread model, not even totally sure I'm going to use it yet. 

BiwD7GR.jpg

And just while I remember, and random thought.  Does anyone else make a project that you are really enjoying last longer on purpose, just so you can get that bit more enjoyment out of making it ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so not overly happy with the flames I did I found what I was looking for. A quick purchase, cut and clipping later I have this. Much better, more presence of forward motion from the Dread with the flames trailing out behind. 

NWVpOts.jpg

eegkEO0.jpg

sCEJlQa.jpg

Progress is slow on this one, the bling decoration has begun.