The Ouroboros Crusade. Old to new, the Crusade continues.

Eberious

Thank you all, 

@Chazzmos, Basic. I work with 1.5mm sheets in general as not to thick and not to flimsy. To keep a uniform look on the tiles always measure and plot where to cut out, other parts and the small tiles I tend to measure by eye. To get the angled edges on the tiles I use my knife 'side on'(like you were getting rid of mold lines) to scrape at the side then file to smooth, and the use the tip to score the cracks and the like into it. Not really sure what else I can say to be honest.

The sword is made from milliputt though molded by using a bluestuff mold of the original. Might attempt making one from plasticard one day though.

Thanks very much all,   I don't mind the skids to much. My line of thought is how these guys enter the battle field and the functionality of the impact absorber. Still a odd one to get looking good though.

@Tyrannicide, cheers dude appreciated,  they are the DI ones. I have a few more DI ones and the multiparts to come.

Thanks both, 

Getting there with the Replusor tank, but for now the base. Thinking about how to model the way the Repulsor's anti-grav works ,crushing anything beneath it, does that include paving tiles, roads etc. The repair bill must be huge when they roll/float one of these out. I had a few thoughts on how to represent this, I then said sod it, have a road and pavement. Left the base bare as it should represent a road surface quite well.

lMYO7Bc.jpg

ZZf6e3n.jpg

Edited by Eberious

• 2 weeks later...

Another EC, again not destined to stay with me. Made it for a fellow member of the B&C

lSrO1MH.jpg

o6EbJ6y.jpg

bq8r7sz.jpg

Plasticard sword. 

jRXofPt.jpg

I have to complement you on your greenstuff work! I really like it and think it looks clean and as if it´s a part of the model out of the box!

Also your latest Emperor´s Champion is so awesome, the old model was a favorite of mine for a long time and the updated version you did gives it justice a 100%.

Keep up the good work :wink:

Thanks both,

@marcusc,  interesting you should mention that. Other than the suppressor squad from Shadow spear, I'm debating between IF or CF for the scout/infiltrator  elements of the set. As not really a Templar way of making war, will be part of the ongoing Crusade/collection. Fluff wise is that my Templars need a scout role filled and called upon their brethren to fulfill it.  

• 2 weeks later...
Caught your commission for Brother Reinhard in the ETL thread and as a closet wanna be Templar committed to Corax I wanted to say ... Outstanding. It’s modelers like you and St.Lazarus that really tempt a “reasonable” Marine to want to join the Crusades smashing the Xenos and Heretic with sword and board. Awesome Champions and fantastic Redemptor. Edited by Dracos

You honour me Dracos, many thanks for the kind comment. Your temptation might increase when I get around to my Crusader squads.

But for now, finally a black I'm happy with.

AdSiba1.jpg

g2EYlsh.jpg

This is all I've done for the ETL so far, spent ages trying to get a black I was happy with. Used contrast, wasn't happy, tried my old way, wasn't happy, tried another way using incubi darkness and like wise colours, guess what wasn't happy.  Went back to contrast to make it work, and I got there. All the while re-primed each time.. I'm surprised there's any detail left. There has been one or two more sharper highlight added since this and started with other colours. Hasn't taken to long to I can finally get moving with this.