The Ouroboros Crusade. Old to new, the Crusade continues.

Eberious

yep, plain platicard heated up over the oven using smooth plyers to hold it. Then using things like large felt tip pens or some of my thicker paint brush handles to bend it around. While using the plyers to bend and manipulate the plastic to where I want it. 

Heated multiple times and re-bent, just like forging metal work I suppose.  

• 7 months later...

Once again it's been a while, was taken back a little of just how long. 

Been working on painting The Chaplain Dreadnought, got so far before being side tracked by this little beast. Wanted to make it now so while I paint the rest of the model its tied into the same level. Annd, I wanted to. Needed something a little bulkier than the standard onslaught as it looked puny when equipped to the overall bulk of the Chaplain. 

So slapped this together. 

UjcTnUN.jpg

uIfrSxs.jpg

Under-slung ammo barrel with motor assistance.

kaCIAL0.jpg

5aVBQrL.jpg

Magnetized of course.

MfcS4yd.jpg

Looks a little awkwardly big here, but it balances well. Didn't want to much of the paint work so far shown(rather it be finished first)

Oh, And I've also removed the plasma cannons I had on the chest area and reduced them to Storm Bolters. Decided in the end was a bit much on the front and was a bit of a distraction.  

Can get back to painting now. :smile.:

Edited by Eberious

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks very much all, was just checking the thread to see where I got up to in terms of posts and, sorry I hadn't replied before was going to then forgot... clearly.  :( 

Just a little picture-less update. Progress has been slow, almost finished the main body of the Chaplain now. Taking ages as had to relearn some painting techniques and make some changes. However with the teaser of something on the way for Templars it certainly is motivating me to to crank it up somewhat.  

Would also just like to say, it's hotter then a melta gun here in the UK right now, especially where I live. 

Thanks space wolf, 

annnd.. at this late stage in the Chaplain Dread I've have decided to remodel parts. The arms mostly. Going to make a left arm and fist a right arm and fist holding the hammer aloft and the gun arm on the left. 

Might also strip some gubbins details off, it's either I'm fed up of looking at it or there might just be a tad to much bling on him. Only slightly mind. :teehee:

Anyone have a complete Redemptor left arm spare ?  found a few online or I might just buy another dread as planning on a third anyways and just swap the arms around. 

• 2 weeks later...

Left fist right fist. 

Had a few other pics but I think there is an issues with my camera, think it corrupting the pics. Not sure how I managed this one. 

Anyways, stripped the ammo box thing off carefully to be reattached. Some plasticard work and once again using the oven hobs to bend the card into shape. Few gaps to fill in and should be fine. Better then shelling out £29 plus VAT per fist off of a certain 3d printing site.

XdEEHmx.jpg

Planning to angle the base platform that the fingers connect to, to help with the forward motion on the hammer position. Might have to knock up some internal hydraulics if the base has to come out so far. Should be noted that the pics show the base not quite sitting inline with the knuckle coverings/sockets. I had knocked it slightly with my finger when taking the pics and not noticed, everything matches up. 

Think its time to strip the hammer and gubbins off the original arm. 

Edited by Eberious

Managed to get a fair bit done on this last night. Successfully created a right fist out of the left, tilted the hand section forwards, removed the hammer from old fist and fitted, re-positioned the gatling cannon and moved the knuckle skulls and chain clasp across. A busy knight, get it... Still some decoration and chains to add, but will do that once glued to the rest of the model. 

TETFQuu.jpg?1

NZTw0Wg.jpg?1

SKJ4CNT.jpg?1

Edited by Eberious

Thank you reckoning, for your kind words. It's good to be more active here, I usually dip in and out for periods of time which I hate doing as some folks are watching for updates and the like. But, with a certain launch/update on the way I'm guessing I'm going to be a lot more active.