Word Bearers small force help!

Lords of Preyspire

Hey all,

It's been a few years since I have played heresy and I'm struggling with building an army as I feel like I have forgotten everything!

Im basically starting from scratch and just need a general shunt in the right direction. In looking to build a 1000 point (to start with) Word Bearers force. I'm a fluff player mostly and I have a few elements that I would like to include.

Ideally I want to have a blob of heavy flamers and destroyers as well as a diabolist and librarian if possible. I'm likely to have 2 x 20 man tac squads and I have enough stuff lying around to add dreads and any combo of terminators or vets.

I know this is super vague but any assistance would be great as I'm not really sure what compliments the destroyers and heavy flamers (both are new units to me).

Cheers

Initially I suggest you aim for a 1500p Centurion list alternatively Zone Mortalis list. If you can find a Betrayal at Calth box then buy it that and take it from there.

I general, regardless of what legion you choose to paint, its good to build and paint the following:

• 20x tacticals
  • 10x tactical support / veterans guys, I strongly suggest to magnetise these, so you can switch between plasma guns and combiplasmas, or meltas.
  • HQ models, here I'd go for the forgeworld preator kit, the cataphractii one looks very good and has a cool pose and can be played as preator or consul champion with paragon blade.
  • For zone Mortalis and centurion games, the heavy flamers can be very good so get 10 of those too.

So a Forgeworld to buy list would be (if you cannot find a Calth box):

• 4x boxes of Mk IV or Mk III  power armour guys in plastic
  • 2x blister packs of Phaistos pattern Heavy flamer set (10x heavy flamers in total).
  • 1x legion plasma gun set (10x in one pack).
  • Forgeworlld legion praetors
  • 2x Gal Vorbak (10x in total)

I added the Gal Vorbak because you will eventually want them anyways. So the above list will make for a pretty good and competetive ZM or Centurion list.

You need at least 2x HQ (roughly 100 pts each), 2x 20 Tacticals + Artificer armour and Power Fist is another 500 pts. This leaves around 300 pts for another unit (or two small units).

1500 pts is a good suggestion, as it allows you two add 2-3 units more.

Archived